Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

That 4 days rest Norwich had

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:41 pm

Annoying me now....may have give them energy to score in injury time?

Re: That 4 days rest Norwich had

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:46 pm

That and the 7 minutes of injury time proves the fa are doing whatever they can to get them in the prem

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:53 pm

I Said on Thursday on here why was this the only game being played on that day :?:

Thought at first it was on Sky,but NO...So why were they allowed to play this game on Thursday Night :?:

When the fixtures came out,this game was due to be played on the 22nd April,not the day before. :roll:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:00 pm

What utter bollocks.

Take a look how many goals Norwich have scored in injury time ALL SEASON.

Funnily enough, that has zero to do with 4 days ( well, actually 3 days to be accurate) rest. Nor is it some bizarre conspiracy to ensure Norwich get into the Prem to tie in with the Alan Partridge movie.

We've blown more than enough points ourselves this season. Maybe we're in on the conspiracy too?

If we blow automatic, then it's because we've blown it. Anything else is just a pathetic excuse.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:That and the 7 minutes of injury time proves the fa are doing whatever they can to get them in the prem

You must be right. The FA who have no influence over the Football League at all.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:01 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:I Said on Thursday on here why was this the only game being played on that day :?:

Thought at first it was on Sky,but NO...So why were they allowed to play this game on Thursday Night :?:

When the fixtures came out,this game was due to be played on the 22nd April,not the day before. :roll:

TopCat, meet the police. Police, meet TopCat.

That's the reason why the game was moved, the local police not wanting the game played on the bank holiday weekened for obvious reasons.

Because we've never ever had games moved, for example for egg internationals or to minimise chances of violence...

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:02 pm

Fine, the Football League. You know who I mean !

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:07 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Fine, the Football League. You know who I mean !

Yeah and it was the football league who made us have that shit run of form mid season :roll: :roll:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:08 pm

nerd wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:I Said on Thursday on here why was this the only game being played on that day :?:

That's the reason why the game was moved, the local police not wanting the game played on the bank holiday weekened for obvious reasons.

Because we've never ever had games moved, for example for egg internationals or to minimise chances of violence...

Thanks for explaining why the game was moved nerd :ayatollah:

At first i thought it might have been Market Day in Norfolk on Friday ;)

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:12 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
nerd wrote:

Thanks for explaining why the game was moved nerd :ayatollah:

At first i thought it might have been Market Day in Norfolk on Friday ;)

Heh.

Fact is, the game was moved quite a while ago - not at the last minute as some would want to believe. Police, due to trouble last season, didn't want it played during the Bank Holiday weekend. That ruled Friday out too, so Thursday was the nearest day it could be re-arranged.

Either way, it's an irrelevance - we need to win our games, get some luck. We've dropped more than enough points this season, if we don't get an auto place, it's entirely our fault, nobody elses.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:14 pm

kingdong wrote:

Yeah and it was the football league who made us have that shit run of form mid season :roll: :roll:

So why was their game on a Thursday when it wasn't even on TV therefore giving them about 2 crucial extra days of recovery.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:16 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
kingdong wrote:

So why was their game on a Thursday when it wasn't even on TV therefore giving them about 2 crucial extra days of recovery.

As I've explained for the third time now in this thread, police didn't want the game played on the Bank Holiday weekened after trouble last season. Thursday was the closest day they'd allow.

EDIT: And for about the 95th time, they've hardly needed 2 days extra "rest" for the numerous late goals they've scored all season...
Last edited by nerd on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:17 pm

You're not a Norwich fan by any chance ? Sticking up for them quite a lot here :?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Look Nurd, we kinow the reasons the game was moved, just saying how fecking annoying it is that they scored so late and the fact that they had two extra days MAY have been helpful, but I also said that THEY HAD SCORED 19 GOALS IN THE LAST TEN MINUTES...also found out that 13 of those in injury time...funnily enough they scored in injury time first half too...in fairness they keep going and have earned their reward for that.

ALL I WAS SAYING IS THAT IT IS ANNOYING ME.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:21 pm

corky wrote:Look Nurd, we kinow the reasons the game was moved, just saying how fecking annoying it is that they scored so late and the fact that they had two extra days MAY have been helpful, but I also said that THEY HAD SCORED 19 GOALS IN THE LAST TEN MINUTES...also found out that 13 of those in injury time...funnily enough they scored in injury time first half too...in fairness they keep going and have earned their reward for that.

Exactly, no need to go overboard and sticking up for them !

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Agree with your points about where the faults are if we do not go up nerd.

A season is based on what a team does over 46 games and not what has happened the last week.

Lets hope we pick up more points than Norwich in the next 2 games,and thanks again for pointing out why the Ipswich v Norwich game was moved :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:23 pm

corky wrote:Look Nurd, we kinow the reasons the game was moved, just saying how fecking annoying it is that they scored so late and the fact that they had two extra days MAY have been helpful, but I also said that THEY HAD SCORED 19 GOALS IN THE LAST TEN MINUTES...also found out that 13 of those in injury time...funnily enough they scored in injury time first half too...in fairness they keep going and have earned their reward for that.

I'd wager good money it's annoying you because it's a quality we lack.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:25 pm

[/quote] As I've explained for the third time now in this thread, police didn't want the game played on the Bank Holiday weekend after trouble last season. Thursday was the closest day they'd allow.

EDIT: And for about the 95th time, they've hardly needed 2 days extra "rest" for the numerous late goals they've scored all season...[/quote]

what trouble they were in different leagues :?:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:29 pm

I am a Norwich fan.

The Ipswich police together with itfc moved the game to a Thursday evening. Ipswich did not want to foot a bank holiday overtime bill. It had nothing to do with Norwich.

Your conspiracy theories are quite amusing. Take a read of the Ipswich forum on twtd ... You'll notice the similarities. To be honest your all sounding a little sad.

Anyway . Portsmouth for us , boro for you next.... The battle continues

bloobirds1927 wrote:
As I've explained for the third time now in this thread, police didn't want the game played on the Bank Holiday weekend after trouble last season. Thursday was the closest day they'd allow.

EDIT: And for about the 95th time, they've hardly needed 2 days extra "rest" for the numerous late goals they've scored all season...[/quote]

what trouble they were in different leagues :?:[/quote]

Apologies, speed typing. There was trouble last time they played there.

nerd wrote:

imo, i dont see how moving a game minimises chances of violence. I think something fishy is going on but on the other hand we've had loads of points dropped this year, we should be top by atleast 4 imo :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:30 pm

I'd wager good money it's annoying you because it's a quality we lack.

Partly and added to the fact we give the ball away lots when under pressure making seeing out games more difficult...but saying all that...I was in the car park in Wembley with Blackpool fans taking the piss, thinking to myself..we will never get another chance like that....all summer was worrying...would we have a club, never mind a team...then Bellamy signed and we kept most of our squad and once again we have a chance.

We should all be happy as feck :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

But being City fans we like to moan and worry and trawl through games looking for points tossed away in the season...but 2 games to go...WE HAVE A CHANCE GUYS...and we must at least finish third because I am sure the QPR trial will be an incredible thing and being third would either mean promotion or a possible huge pay off just like Shef Utd....strange days ahead

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:31 pm

It's always strange days following the City.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:31 pm

nerd wrote:It's always strange days following the City.

:ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:33 pm

ween-nasty wrote:I am a Norwich fan.

The Ipswich police together with itfc moved the game to a Thursday evening. Ipswich did not want to foot a bank holiday overtime bill. It had nothing to do with Norwich.

Your conspiracy theories are quite amusing. Take a read of the Ipswich forum on twtd ... You'll notice the similarities. To be honest your all sounding a little sad.

Tell me this, where the hell have people like Hoolahan, Jackson and your whole unknown defence come from ?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:34 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Tell me this, where the hell have people like Hoolahan, Jackson and your whole unknown defence come from ?

well, when a mummy and daddy are in love or are drunk :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

They have come from the lower leagues... Div 1. Lambert makes no secret of the fact he only wants players with something to prove. I have read a number of posts on here ridiculing Norwich players because they are unknown. Why? Obviously you think breaking the bank for big names is the guarantee of success. Time will tell

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:40 pm

ween-nasty wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

They have come from the lower leagues... Div 1. Lambert makes no secret of the fact he only wants players with something to prove. I have read a number of posts on here ridiculing Norwich players because they are unknown. Why? Obviously you think breaking the bank for big names is the guarantee of success. Time will tell

well breaking the bank obviously wont garuntee success....look at man city, imo they should be atleast 1pt behind 1st. Good luck in the play offs fella ;) :D :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:41 pm

Didnt Norwich have to play 3 games in 6 days, anyway their derby game at Ipswich was a request of the police and not the league. We dont need excuses, Pompey will take a point or possibly the 3 off them and all we need to do is keep on going :ayatollah: :ayatollah: I still believe we'll get auto place :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:42 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

well, when a mummy and daddy are in love or are drunk :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: It's unbelievable where they've all come from, the lower leagues most of them, whereas most if not all of our players are experienced Championship players, some have considerable Premiership experience as well !