Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

All we are singing, is stop singing that song...

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:36 pm

We would all like more goals, but pressuring the players into it will not work.

Bellamy looked like he wanted to cut us both today and on saturday when it was sung. More positiveity towards the players :ayatollah:

Re: All we are singing, is stop singing that song...

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:01 pm

Its not pressurising anyone, the players must surely appreciate how much we want them to score, I am preety sure it's the same as how much they want to score.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:03 pm

its sung to spur and encourage the players on rather than to pressurise and mock them

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:06 pm

I know what everyone else is saying but I hate that song , If we want to spur the team on we should sing an inspiring song not a drone :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:11 pm

ccfc-louis wrote:I know what everyone else is saying but I hate that song , If we want to spur the team on we should sing an inspiring song not a drone :ayatollah:

i prefer singing/chanting at the top of our voices....ILL BE THERE, ILL BE THERE WITH MY LITTLE PICK N SHOVEL ILL BE THERE. my fave cardiff song :ayatollah:

anyways im off night :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Surely it is no more droning as - come on city, come on, come on city, come on. That song always grates me as I feel we are saying they aren't trying.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:16 pm

ive never heard the 'all we are saying' chant sung more than once a game to be fair, I always find 'and its cardiff city.cardiff city fc..........' the most inspiring

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:18 pm

I think all that matters is that we are singing / chanting something. At least then we are showing are passion and there is no doubt the team do respond.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Oh come on, we've been singing this since god knows when, its not the point that the boys aren't trying and we're not slagging them off, we're just trying to encourage them to score another one.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:52 pm

attack, attack, attack attack attack! :D

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:30 am

Twice in the last two matches now Bellamy has gestured at the fans not to do it. Maybe he's trying to tell the fans something. Or do we want to do something that annoys them? I think they're well aware of the need to score another goal, without them feeling even more impatience

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:48 am

we should stop bloody singing - are you watching jack bastards - when we are only a goal up!
the other team score everytime!!!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am

chants for individual players definetly spur them on, duh duh duh duh jason koumas etc,like you say fans being vocal at all can always be a good thing unless its booing but i really dont wanna start the millionth thread about that :roll:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:02 pm

bellamy looked pissed off yesterday when he turned around lifting his arms to as if to say
"what the f**k do you want when are you going to be happy" ?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:34 pm

but that's just the type of character bellemay is isnt it, he shows his emotion no matter how big or small the issue is and people take his gestures way more to hearft than they should.

no worse than singing WE WANT 4! when we're 3-0 up, they must be thinking then what have we got to do!? as long as its sung it a positive-ish spin along with others songs then i cant see the issue. im sure the players are not that pathetic/unprofessional that they think we are targeting them, come one they have been a fan of football as long as any of us!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:53 pm

jooshy wrote:but that's just the type of character bellemay is isnt it, he shows his emotion no matter how big or small the issue is and people take his gestures way more to hearft than they should.

no worse than singing WE WANT 4! when we're 3-0 up, they must be thinking then what have we got to do!? as long as its sung it a positive-ish spin along with others songs then i cant see the issue. im sure the players are not that pathetic/unprofessional that they think we are targeting them, come one they have been a fan of football as long as any of us!

instead of singing we want 4...we can sing. 4-0!! we're gonna win 4-0 :D :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:33 pm

I'm afraid that a lot of our fans are ungrateful. Both instances where its been sung, we've been winning. 2-1 up against QPR, which in fairness not a lot of us thought we'd be, and 1-0 up against Preston. Seriously, what more can you expect. They're WINNING the match, and incase you hadn't noticed, if its 1-0, 10-0, whatever, it's still 3 points. There's enough pressure on our team as it is without pressurising them into getting another goal - they already know we need to win, they're not thick, give them all some credit.
I'm not saying don't sing - everyone knows our team need more encouragement than ever, but there are millions of songs you can sing that ENCOURAGE the players and don't put extra pressure on them that really will only be detrimental. Look what happened when we sung it at QPR - Whitts was taking a free kick and fluffed it cos there was too much pressure, hence Bellamy telling us not to do it. If I were on the pitch I'd think that our fans are a right bunch of ingrates singing that song when a) we're winning, b) the team have got us to a position we haven't been before and most of all I'd think what a cheeky bunch of gits telling me to get a goal when they're not putting in a shift and leaving at 80 minutes.
Now instead of getting on players backs, we need to be the 12th man on the pitch with them, giving them all the encouragement we can without putting extra pressure on them.
Get behind the boys :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:23 pm

littlebluebird wrote:I'm afraid that a lot of our fans are ungrateful. Both instances where its been sung, we've been winning. 2-1 up against QPR, which in fairness not a lot of us thought we'd be, and 1-0 up against Preston. Seriously, what more can you expect. They're WINNING the match, and incase you hadn't noticed, if its 1-0, 10-0, whatever, it's still 3 points. There's enough pressure on our team as it is without pressurising them into getting another goal - they already know we need to win, they're not thick, give them all some credit.
I'm not saying don't sing - everyone knows our team need more encouragement than ever, but there are millions of songs you can sing that ENCOURAGE the players and don't put extra pressure on them that really will only be detrimental. Look what happened when we sung it at QPR - Whitts was taking a free kick and fluffed it cos there was too much pressure, hence Bellamy telling us not to do it. If I were on the pitch I'd think that our fans are a right bunch of ingrates singing that song when a) we're winning, b) the team have got us to a position we haven't been before and most of all I'd think what a cheeky bunch of gits telling me to get a goal when they're not putting in a shift and leaving at 80 minutes.
Now instead of getting on players backs, we need to be the 12th man on the pitch with them, giving them all the encouragement we can without putting extra pressure on them.

we spoke about this yesterday, some of the fans are ungrateful, the song has always been sung but i can see what everyone is saying about it pressurising the players....if we are 1-0 up it shouldn't be sung imo. bellamy probably told us to stop singing it because they were doing all they could yesterday along with a lot of added pressure. support the boys and make some noise! (but don't sing that song when we are winning) :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:17 pm

lewis91 wrote:
littlebluebird wrote:I'm afraid that a lot of our fans are ungrateful. Both instances where its been sung, we've been winning. 2-1 up against QPR, which in fairness not a lot of us thought we'd be, and 1-0 up against Preston. Seriously, what more can you expect. They're WINNING the match, and incase you hadn't noticed, if its 1-0, 10-0, whatever, it's still 3 points. There's enough pressure on our team as it is without pressurising them into getting another goal - they already know we need to win, they're not thick, give them all some credit.

we spoke about this yesterday, some of the fans are ungrateful, the song has always been sung but i can see what everyone is saying about it pressurising the players....if we are 1-0 up it shouldn't be sung imo. bellamy probably told us to stop singing it because they were doing all they could yesterday along with a lot of added pressure. support the boys and make some noise! (but don't sing that song when we are winning) :lol:

yeah, definately think it's a song for when we REALLY need a goal, i.e. when we're 4-0 down or something. NOT when the boys are doing their best and are dominating the match anyway!