Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Points in the Bag

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:12 am

This coming Monday is a great oppurtunity for Cardiff to get that much needed win against Middlesborough to take that 2nd spot again.

I firmly believe if we get the points in the bag this will put extra pressure on Norwich who play after us, and will drop points against Portsmouth.

Come on fellow Bluebirds lets raise the roof like we did against QPR and book that place in the promise land.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Points in the Bag

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:26 am

Well in some ways yes that's true but like every thing there are 2 ways of looking at it.
We know we are 1 point behind them and we need to win to have any chance of getting that 2nd spot.
So we go out with the pressure on us first ,to get that win and them 3 points, and we all know how we have bottled it before under pressure.
I reckon It will go down to the very last day, I just cant see norwich letting this go now as much as I would like it that way.
If QPR get points taken off them that will let us back into 2nd place, but if not Im sorry to say its going to be the play offs.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:44 am

welshcitydragon wrote:Well in some ways yes that's true but like every thing there are 2 ways of looking at it.
We know we are 1 point behind them and we need to win to have any chance of getting that 2nd spot.
So we go out with the pressure on us first ,to get that win and them 3 points, and we all know how we have bottled it before under pressure.
I reckon It will go down to the very last day, I just cant see norwich letting this go now as much as I would like it that way.
If QPR get points taken off them that will let us back into 2nd place, but if not Im sorry to say its going to be the play offs.

WCD yeah see you point there, can appreciate that City have failed under pressure alot of times, but i think the players are deffo up for it so that what makes me think that this may be our year. :) :)

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:15 am

Well we have had many chances to stay in second place and even go into 1st, but each time we bottle it.
I so hope this time they can win the last 2 games, but even then its still not in our hands, we are now left in the position of what we all said we didnt want to see happen, and thats we have to depend on others, when really we should be had this in the bag by now.