Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Looking good up here

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:43 am

Just need City to pull through :ayatollah:

http://www.clydebankfc.co.uk/leaguetable/

Re: Looking good up here

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:10 pm

either you or the team in 3rd for the title imo, the team in 3rd have 3 games in hand and are 7pts behind you! good luck!

if you win the league what happens? promotion? european qualification? :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:12 pm

Promotion to another shit league :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:13 pm

PtB wrote:Promotion to another shit league :lol:

what the SPL? :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Nah, it's a much better standard :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:17 pm

PtB wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Nah, it's a much better standard :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: so is the leauge you're in now, like the conference in engerland? :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:30 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote: :lol: so is the leauge you're in now, like the conference in engerland? :ayatollah:

Probably a couple of divisions below that mate. Hard to compare really.
Witht he Scottish system being such a mess tere's no real way of defining the standard. We're one of a few clubs pushing to have a Conference style system intorduced up here, that would mean having to but 3 or 4 current set ups into one, would take a lot of hard work though.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:33 pm

PtB wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote: :lol: so is the leauge you're in now, like the conference in engerland? :ayatollah:

Witht he Scottish system being such a mess tere's no real way of defining the standard. We're one of a few clubs pushing to have a Conference style system intorduced up here, that would mean having to but 3 or 4 current set ups into one, would take a lot of hard work though.

so you're the merthyr of the scottish leagues :D, ahwell in 6years time (random guess) next week you'll be lifting the SPL title :D :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
PtB wrote:

so you're the merthyr of the scottish leagues :D, ahwell in 6years time (random guess) next week you'll be lifting the SPL title :D :ayatollah:

Pretty much mate lol :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:04 pm

I was having this chat with a Rangers fan I know and we were debating about how the Scottish league system should go. He wants a 10 team Scottish Premier, 12 team SPL 2 and then two other divisions with no promotion or relegation to the non-league but I reckon they should follow the example of other smaller leagues around Europe that seem to produce decent clubs e.g. Czech Republic, Austria and Croatia and just have two large divisions of 16-20 teams with promotion and relegation to the non-leagues. I know it might not be initially financially viable or realistic but it's the way forward I reckon.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Zabier wrote:I was having this chat with a Rangers fan I know and we were debating about how the Scottish league system should go. He wants a 10 team Scottish Premier, 12 team SPL 2 and then two other divisions with no promotion or relegation to the non-league but I reckon they should follow the example of other smaller leagues around Europe that seem to produce decent clubs e.g. Czech Republic, Austria and Croatia and just have two large divisions of 16-20 teams with promotion and relegation to the non-leagues. I know it might not be initially financially viable or realistic but it's the way forward I reckon.

the only problem with the scottish league is the fan base imo,like the welsh league, ive seen a few welsh games they arent actually bad, ok some are overweight but they aint bad, the welsh league needs a heck alot of fans going. Like the plastics who support man ure etc. They dont even need to sing or cheer, just support your local team :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Zabier wrote:I was having this chat with a Rangers fan I know and we were debating about how the Scottish league system should go. He wants a 10 team Scottish Premier, 12 team SPL 2 and then two other divisions with no promotion or relegation to the non-league but I reckon they should follow the example of other smaller leagues around Europe that seem to produce decent clubs e.g. Czech Republic, Austria and Croatia and just have two large divisions of 16-20 teams with promotion and relegation to the non-leagues. I know it might not be initially financially viable or realistic but it's the way forward I reckon.

the only problem with the scottish league is the fan base imo,like the welsh league, ive seen a few welsh games they arent actually bad, ok some are overweight but they aint bad, the welsh league needs a heck alot of fans going. Like the plastics who support man ure etc. They dont even need to sing or cheer, just support your local team :ayatollah:

Yeah, I think it's certainly a case of giving them more funding which goes back to the governing bodies. In Wales particularly, clubs are so focused on just getting by and surviving financially that they can't even begin to consider advertising or marketing or promotional offers to get the fans in.

Again, that's another debate for another day... the state of the FAW. They have such a good opportunity to make Welsh League be a cult thing to do. Do offers that link in with the local community e.g. if you buy a ticket get a cinema ticket for half price or something or hand out vouchers at games for things. They don't seem that arsed though.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Personally I think they should be looking to expand the top division to 16 teams, the bigger teams want a ten team league so they can keep more games with the bigger teams.

They have went from 10 - 12 - 10 -12 too many times in the last 20 years and it hasn't made any difference. They also couldn't care less about the rest of the clubs outwith their own little top ten(12).

For me it would be a top division of 16, then two divisions of 14 a Conference type division of 16, supplemented by a conference feeder and a number of regional feeder leagues to get into that. It would take time and monye, but the Scottish game is dead on it's feet and has been for years. It needs a complete revamp from head to toe.

We currently have the SPL of 12, followed by 30 SFL clubs, then we have the Junior(Semi Pro in North, East & West Regions) FA, the Highland League, East of Scotland and South of Scotland FA's as well as the SFA.

For a country of our size it's far too much.

Not that I fancy a rant on it :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:13 pm

Zabier wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Yeah, I think it's certainly a case of giving them more funding which goes back to the governing bodies. In Wales particularly, clubs are so focused on just getting by and surviving financially that they can't even begin to consider advertising or marketing or promotional offers to get the fans in.

Again, that's another debate for another day... the state of the FAW. They have such a good opportunity to make Welsh League be a cult thing to do. Do offers that link in with the local community e.g. if you buy a ticket get a cinema ticket for half price or something or hand out vouchers at games for things. They don't seem that arsed though.

its a real shame, football actually benefits the economy, the british government must makes millions of pounds due to taxes payed by the clubs, local pubs, chipshops etc make money due to people wanting beverages, and away fans visiting the town will not only drink, but if the police let them they can go shopping etc.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:49 pm

4-1 win tonight :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:58 pm

Annbank Utd arn't doing to good,,why is that?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:59 pm

I hope none of the Bankie's players have third party agreements the SFA don't know about, after all we don't want a points deduction f**king promotion up ;)

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I hope none of the Bankie's players have third party agreements the SFA don't know about, after all we don't want a points deduction f**king promotion up ;)

Our league actually suspended tonights opponents for a season and relegated them three divisions in the 90's for falsifying documents!

Annbank are a bit of a yoyo team. They do well to survive with no backers and crowds of 30. A ground we often struggle at too, typically!

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:13 pm

PtB wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I hope none of the Bankie's players have third party agreements the SFA don't know about, after all we don't want a points deduction f**king promotion up ;)

Our league actually suspended tonights opponents for a season and relegated them three divisions in the 90's for falsifying documents!

Annbank are a bit of a yoyo team. They do well to survive with no backers and crowds of 30. A ground we often struggle at too, typically!

I love the info you give us PtB first class :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:17 pm

So good that I had to tell you twice Tony :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Away to Annbank on Saturday :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:40 pm

ptb, will you be playing Hearts soon?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:45 pm

Unlikely in the next ten years Rick - unless we win our top division or Scottish Cup to get into the real Scottish Cup and get to the 4th round!

Or we could get Buchanhaven Hearts in our own Scottish Cup :lol: