Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF V NORWICH * possible outcomes *

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:55 am

Now before you all say Stats mean eff all, bla bla - I'm only posting this out of possibilities that CAN occur although they are very unlikely.

Yes, all we have to do is win both games to be certain of maintaining the best results, and get the 6pts and hope Norwich drop some points somewhere, (most likely away at Portsmouth) We play Boro at 5.15pm on Monday the 2nd May, where-as Norwich Kick off at 7.45pm on the same day, so the pressure may well be on them depending on Cardiffs result.

One thing we DO KNOW for certain is that if Cardiff Lose at home to Boro and Norwich Beat portsmouth then Norwich WILL take the 2nd automatic promotion spot. In reverse of that - if Cardiff Beat Boro and Norwich lose to Portsmouth then Cardiff will take a 2pt advantage into the last game of the season. So Norwich will HAVE TO win at home against Coventry, where we would seem safe if it does turn out we draw against Burnley... :ayatollah:

As it stands:

Cardiff Currently on (79pts)
Norwich currently on (80pts)

IF:

Cardiff beat Boro (82)
Cardiff Draw with Boro (80)
Cardiff lose to Boro (79)

- Norwich beat Portsmouth (83)
- Norwich draw with Portsmouth (81)
- Norwich lose to portsmouth (80)

In simple terms Cardiff can actually afford to lose a game as long as Norwich lose a game as well, however if cardiff lose a game and win a game, they will end up on 82 pts, and if norwich draw both games they will too end up on 82pts! there-for Goal difference will play a big part. Cardiff are one goal better off than norwich as it stands, so if Cardiff were to lose a game then it would depend on how many goals they would conceed and score in both their games, as norwich drawing two games would not effect their goals difference.

It is still possible for Norwich to win the league (on 86pts) if they can beat both Portsmouth away and Coventry at home, as long as QPR lose to Watford (away) and Leeds Utd (Home)

If Cardiff followed suit and won both their games against Boro and Burnley, they would finish on 85 pts also but would have to score around 10 goals (approx) to be level with QPR on GD (assuming QPR lose both their games conceeding 3 goals in total?)

IF Norwich lose both their remaining games, and Cardiff Lose both their games, then Swansea can still finish in the 2nd automatic spot if they Beat Millwall away and Sheff Utd at home and get a +2 GD along the way. (very tall order!) Millwall will be a VERY tough game for Swansea as they are still right in the thick of things for a play off spot!

And looking at the fixtures it is almost a certainty that Swansea will meet Reading in a play off semi final and either Cardiff or Norwich will meet Forest (or an outside chance of Millwall) in the other semi final.

(This is all pre-QPR FA hearing on 3rd of May with an announcement due on the 6th May - 1 day before the last fixture of the season. There has been many a rumour regarding QPR but we'll assume hear that NO points are deducted as above.)

Please dont take this post of either Fact or Nonsence! ;) I posted it to show some achievable, and some more extravigant outcomes!

It is there for possibilty purposes only!

I would how ever like to say I dont have a sodding clue how the FA are looking at QPR's punishment - as according the the FA's website no charges have been dropped and the full investigation is going to take place as we know. There have already been unofficial meetings to discuss posible outcomes their end - but NOBODY knows anything for sure.

In the meantime, GOOD LUCK TO CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB and ALL ITS FANS!

WE CAN DO THIS! :ayatollah:

Re: CARDIFF V NORWICH * possible outcomes *

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:47 am

fek me merlin can i just have 2 wins for us and a loss at pompey for the budgies :D

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 am

The Premier 1 wrote:fek me merlin can i just have 2 wins for us and a loss at pompey for the budgies :D

There's always one that never pays attention! :lol:

Now before you all say Stats mean eff all, bla bla - I'm only posting this out of possibilities that CAN occur although they are very unlikely.

Please dont take this post of either Fact or Nonsence! ;) I posted it to show some achievable, and some more extravigant outcomes!

It is there for possibilty purposes only!

;)

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Great Post Mate !!

BLUEBIRDS !!

:ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Fook me ,after reading that I'm well confused :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Xcasual wrote:Fook me ,after reading that I'm well confused :lol:

dont take alot to confuse you. BLUE.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:27 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
Xcasual wrote:Fook me ,after reading that I'm well confused :lol:

dont take alot to confuse you. BLUE.

Holy shit,I've just been abused by a Jawa :lol: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jawa :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:04 pm

HAHA being a jawa is my day job :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Sorry Merlin - but you have us at 81 points if we draw with Boro - it should be 80 points. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:39 pm

arabellaman wrote:Sorry Merlin - but you have us at 81 points if we draw with Boro - it should be 80 points. :ayatollah:

Cheers, have altered - but makes no difference to rest of post.

thanks anyway. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:46 am

Just cannot see Norwich not winning; they have the momentum after 8 goals in 2 games, and the ability to win very very late on. City just always will be the bridesmaids.

Ironically for me the pressure is all on City on monday against a Boro team hitting good form recently with nothing to play for and so can relax and play with abandon and will be looking to win. Plus they have the jinx Emnes. Plus its on sky tc, another jinx for City at CCS this season to overcome.

The thought of the play offs sicken me as being pessimistic I can just see more angst and disappointment round the corner :(

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:02 am

Is it on sky? I thought the Norwich game was on? Not both.....?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Im afriad i have to agree with danny, i think we will slip up away to burnley, they were by far the better team when we played them at home and i think norwich will pick up 4 points from theyre last 2 games, a win against coventry an a draw against pompey. while im being pesimisitc im also being a realist and i think we will be watching swansea v forest on sky in the play off final having gone out in the semi's to forest.