Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

this qpr malarky

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:03 pm

do anyone think that if the FA FL had meet this week and decided on a 3 point deduction that qpr would have taken the penalty and we all could move on.the more this drags on and the more you hear about the charges against qpr it seems to get more serious by the day, and it seems the media wheel is starting to turn against them with more pundits going for a points deduction. i think that the FA FL hoped qpr would have been about 10 12 points clear come the last game, so deducted 10 points and they would have forfeit the title harsh penalty ,job done ,but thier poor form of late has dropped the FA FL right in it.

Re: this qpr malarky

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:14 pm

marky1927 wrote:do anyone think that if the FA FL had meet this week and decided on a 3 point deduction that qpr would have taken the penalty and we all could move on.the more this drags on and the more you hear about the charges against qpr it seems to get more serious by the day, and it seems the media wheel is starting to turn against them with more pundits going for a points deduction. i think that the FA FL hoped qpr would have been about 10 12 points clear come the last game, so deducted 10 points and they would have forfeit the title harsh penalty ,job done ,but thier poor form of late has dropped the FA FL right in it.

You may have a point here....

Intersting times, which WE can avoid any fallout from by finishing 2nd :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:59 pm

The only people making a hoo haa about it is the media & message boards. The date for the hearing has been set in stone for ages & neither the FA or QPR has commented on it apart from when it first came to light so why would we worry about it any more today than the first day it was announced?

Its the media, its what they do best. Message boards are just a giant tool for Chinese whispers so again all hear say & absolutely no credence in what anyone says.

Only thing I've heard that concerns us from a viable source was from Neil Warnock this week who clearly stated 'I have spoken to an independent barrister, someone away from QPR I wanted a straight & unbiased view & what I heard pleases me very very much'

That's good enough for me.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:The only people making a hoo haa about it is the media & message boards. The date for the hearing has been set in stone for ages & neither the FA or QPR has commented on it apart from when it first came to light so why would we worry about it any more today than the first day it was announced?

Its the media, its what they do best. Message boards are just a giant tool for Chinese whispers so again all hear say & absolutely no credence in what anyone says.

Only thing I've heard that concerns us from a viable source was from Neil Warnock this week who clearly stated 'I have spoken to an independent barrister, someone away from QPR I wanted a straight & unbiased view & what I heard pleases me very very much'

Stan, there are respected journalists that have reported in the last week that you face a deduction of 15 points. I've been reading your messageboards today for the first time and it's dawning with a lot of your fans and respected posters that you're in very big trouble. The fact is, you'll only have a 3 or 4 point gap at the end of the season. That will be wiped out within seconds on the 6th of May. Wake up and smell the false documents

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:34 pm

Fans have a right to be worried its what we do, me personally not worried 1 iota.

What I've written above is FACT have a read again & point out anything to me that is wrong?

Your poor line about respected journalists is tosh. As has been mentioned many times before journalists are paid to create column inches & all I've read is POSSIBLE points deduction. No journalist worth their salt would make a factual statement as they simply do not know.

Its also POSSIBLE for me too add another inch to my knob if I hang an iron from it everyday for the next 6 months!!

Pure pony. The R's are up live with it :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:38 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Its also POSSIBLE for me too add another inch to my knob if I hang an iron from it everyday for the next 6 months!!

To be fair Stan, that might hurt as much as a points deduction! :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Fans have a right to be worried its what we do, me personally not worried 1 iota.

What I've written above is FACT have a read again & point out anything to me that is wrong?

Your poor line about respected journalists is tosh. As has been mentioned many times before journalists are paid to create column inches & all I've read is POSSIBLE points deduction. No journalist worth their salt would make a factual statement as they simply do not know.

Its also POSSIBLE for me too add another inch to my knob if I hang an iron from it everyday for the next 6 months!!

Pure pony. The R's are up live with it :lol:

Your guesses and theories will mean nothing on the 6th of May

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:The only people making a hoo haa about it is the media & message boards. The date for the hearing has been set in stone for ages & neither the FA or QPR has commented on it apart from when it first came to light so why would we worry about it any more today than the first day it was announced?

Problem is Stan you could talk to another independant barrister who would give an entirely opposite view.

I don't want usto go up this way, it would be entirely unfair on all you QPR fans, it isn't your fault.

But you can bet your bottom dollar that if the boot was on the other foot, many of those QPR fans who on your message boards are saying it should be a fine would be saying it should be a points deduction and many of those on here and CCMB who are arguing for a points deduction woujld equally forcfully be insisting it should be a fine!!!!

The bottom line is that despite all ther hoo haa on both sets of boards ( and I would guess other championship clubs boards as well, no one will know for certain until next Friday.

Whateverr happens then though, it will not end there.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:50 pm

PtB wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Its also POSSIBLE for me too add another inch to my knob if I hang an iron from it everyday for the next 6 months!!

To be fair Stan, that might hurt as much as a points deduction! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That made me chuckle

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:51 pm

In fairness that could be the biggest Chinese whisper of them all :D

The rules of the FL & FA are available online and after reading them and relating them to the alleged conduct of your club's administrators it’s fair to comment that your club is in one hell of a mess over this.

If the FA/FL is serious about stamping out third party ownership then they will have to turn to a point’s deduction in the same way they did in trying to stop clubs abusing the administration procedure to avoid paying debts i.e. cheating.

There is also the point that Gianni Paladini might have been trying to circumvent rules he knew he had to comply with by firstly ignoring the FA procedures over third party player registrations and then producing false documents to try and cover up his duplicity.

Whilst a level playing field can never be guaranteed because different clubs have different income streams and wealthier owners, the governing bodies do have an absolute responsibility to implement the rules.

A points deduction which took away your promotion and Championship title would be very harsh on the innocent players and fans, but other clubs like Crystal Palace, Leeds, Plymouth and even QPR in the past have lost points due to administration and the impact on supporters made no difference to the decision to go ahead with the deduction.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:20 pm

Stan , I'm one of the guys who think QPR are due what they've won on the pitch. I'd hate players and supporters to be let down after the season you've had ! I've seen the Warnock interview you've referred to though , And in it he speaks to a "an independent barrister" ? I may be wrong , but my impression was that he spoke to a barrister employed by QPR for this case ? He ain't gonna say you got no chance guys , don't pay me £100 an hour coz I can't get you out of it !"
I'm just giving my verdict on Warnock's interview , if I'm factually incorrect then I apologise in advance. I haven't read league rules etc , and to be honest I don't want to , I think what happens on the pitch is what matters. You deserve promotion for your supporters coz you've been the only consistent team in this division. I know others will quote rules are rules etc , but the supporters deserve it ......... and did the player himself even know rules were being broken ??????

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Cheers Gareth & one of only a small few on here who speaks sense on the situation.

Regarding the independent barrister I saw that interview but also had it confirmed to me that Warnock personally spoke to a barrister totally unconnected with the football club or anyone employed by the football club & he clearly stated as far as he is concerned he is very happy with what he's heard.

As I said in another post not 1 person has mentioned points being docked except the media & message boards, then you have people quoting pages from the FA website its embarrassing.

No one on here or anywhere else knows the ins & outs of the charges or case itself so how they can all become high court judges overnight amazes me!

The FA are not pushing for points, Warnock is happy the papers are not even talking about it. Its a non starter & as you said Gareth we've earned our place in the Premiership fair & square.

Their will be a lot of unhappy bunnys on here come 6th of May I tell ya! :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Cheers Gareth & one of only a small few on here who speaks sense on the situation.

Regarding the independent barrister I saw that interview but also had it confirmed to me that Warnock personally spoke to a barrister totally unconnected with the football club or anyone employed by the football club & he clearly stated as far as he is concerned he is very happy with what he's heard.

As I said in another post not 1 person has mentioned points being docked except the media & message boards, then you have people quoting pages from the FA website its embarrassing.

No one on here or anywhere else knows the ins & outs of the charges or case itself so how they can all become high court judges overnight amazes me!

The FA are not pushing for points, Warnock is happy the papers are not even talking about it. Its a non starter & as you said Gareth we've earned our place in the Premiership fair & square.

Stan you're quote sums it up for me - "we've earned our place in the Premiership" , in my mind , yes you have. The legal mumbo jumbo is beyond me , all I know is on the pitch you've earnt it. Glad you cleared up that Warnock interview bit. Let's all hope Norwich get a draw while we win and Happy Days ..........

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:25 pm

Top man Gareth and its because of fans like you I've grown a little affection for Cardiff.

You have the right attitude & outlook & I really hope you do the bizz in the next 2 games.

A lot of vultures circling here in the last few days.

Oh well it is what it is, more important things in life eh.

:ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Top man Gareth and its because of fans like you I've grown a little affection for Cardiff.

You have the right attitude & outlook & I really hope you do the bizz in the next 2 games.

A lot of vultures circling here in the last few days.

Oh well it is what it is, more important things in life eh.

Let's just hope it's you and us in auto's mate .... there are more important things in life I agree but these foottie teams don't half feel like members of the family too

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Cheers Gareth & one of only a small few on here who speaks sense on the situation.

Stan we are only discussing the matter and because our view might be different to yours that doesn't mean we are embarrassing or pretending to be high court judges. Actually this board has a wide range of individuals with experience in many different fields.

I agree that on the 6th of May we will find out the opinion that really counts but in the meantime there is no reason not to discuss the possibility of a point’s deduction or the possible post verdict consequences.

Also I think most posters have expressed sympathy for the fans of QPR if they did miss out and recognise that you are there by merit, if you have not breached the rules by playing an ineligible player. There is certainly no malicious intent in what is being posted by anyone.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I'm not in favour of a QPR points deduction unless irrefutable evidence is provided that they gained an on-field advantage. They have been the most consistent team this year so deserve their rewards.

Stan we are only discussing the matter and because our view might be different to yours that doesn't mean we are embarrassing or pretending to be high court judges. Actually this board has a wide range of individuals with experience in many different fields.

I agree that on the 6th of May we will find out the opinion that really counts but in the meantime there is no reason not to discuss the possibility of a point’s deduction or the possible post verdict consequences.

Also I think most posters have expressed sympathy for the fans of QPR if they did miss out and recognise that you are there by merit, if you have not breached the rules by playing an ineligible player. There is certainly no malicious intent in what is being posted by anyone.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:48 pm

Tony I agree.

Its only tongue in cheek on my part mate & to be fair some peoples arguments have been put across very well.

None of us know so roll on the 6th & we'll all be put out of our misery :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Castleblue has 20 years + experience of administration in football in its entirity. I trust what he says. Which is that QPR have broken FA & FL rules, and they are in deep trouble. How can they be there on Merit by fielding an illegible player :roll:

So, we will see what happens soon :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:03 pm

You believe the sh!t Warnock tells you :lol: :lol: :lol: , he see's everything his own way and says exactly what suits him !!!

He is really worried, but can't say it !!!

A year ago, he was kissing the Palace badge, now he's kissing yours, next year it could be ours :lol: :lol: :lol:

You should be worried, you could have a great season and still stay down, but thats football :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:04 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Tony I agree.

Its only tongue in cheek on my part mate & to be fair some peoples arguments have been put across very well.

None of us know so roll on the 6th & we'll all be put out of our misery :lol:

this is all you needed to stay stan, your setting yourself up to fall flat on your arse by some of the definative comments that youve made over the last few days since this has started to come to the boil, "i will stand in the middle of somewhere with a cardiff shirt on with some sort of object up your arse if your found guilty because we will never get deducted points for this" come on mate, thats complacent.

you know no more than anyone else and Im pretty sure if it was any other club youd be saying a points deduction is a viable option for the fa and one of the only ones which would teach moneybags like qpr a lesson. as harsh as it is on the fans and players, your current owners have got you into this mess much the same as previous chairmen have done at ccfc by cutting corners with regard to taxbills- but your case is involving the registration of players and the subsequent coverups to get off the hook. i think qpr "r" fucked.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:08 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:

Stan you're quote sums it up for me - "we've earned our place in the Premiership" , in my mind , yes you have. The legal mumbo jumbo is beyond me , all I know is on the pitch you've earnt it. Glad you cleared up that Warnock interview bit. Let's all hope Norwich get a draw while we win and Happy Days ..........

But if the player was not eligible to play how have they earned it ????

Thats the point if they have bent the rules, then they should have a points reduction, and will have earned a fair 3rd or 4th place, time will tell, it will be interesting.........

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:12 pm

stan is right know one knows the exact ins and outs of the rules which have been broken. if the offences warrant a points deduction then so be it we will just have to wait and see what happens may 6th.

also on may 6th is it a hearing or are the f.a. just anouncing their decision then? which gets me thinking do they all ready know what the punishment if any will be and why drag it out and not just get it over and done with.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Didn't Southend win promotion once, but were relegated instead because they broke the rules!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:12 pm

perko84 wrote:stan is right know one knows the exact ins and outs of the rules which have been broken. if the offences warrant a points deduction then so be it we will just have to wait and see what happens may 6th.

also on may 6th is it a hearing or are the f.a. just anouncing their decision then? which gets me thinking do they all ready know what the punishment if any will be and why drag it out and not just get it over and done with.

Hearing on the 3rd mate decision on the 6th.

People on here know not to take me too seriously so when I say I'll wear a ccfc top with a leek up my arse don't rush for the camcorder too soon :lol:

But as I've said a million times I''m not worried in the slightest, people like bluebina with obvious very little knowledge of the charges keep mentioning the word ineligible yet the word has NEVER once been used for any of the charges. Probably best to know the facts before making silly statements ;)

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:06 pm

I aint commenting as i dont totally understand the Charges or the Rules connecting them. I will wait for the Judgement to be read out then and only then will i comment. But until then QPR are Champions elect and us and Norwich are battling for second spot. No that is what i am focusing on.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:31 pm

Crystal Palace were docked a point and fined £20,000 for fielding Fonte in their final game, despite his loan having expired.

Hereford United were docked three points and Torquay United one after both fielded an ineligible player in the same League Two match. A Football League disciplinary hearing in Bristol also fined both clubs £10,000, with £7,500 understood to be suspended until the end of the season.

Oxford United were been docked 5pts for fielding Eddie Hutchinson in the team who was not registered with the Conference League at the start of this season. This will be an exceptional disappointment to Oxford United fans and Eddie, mostly because he has been at the club for nearly three years. The 5pts may be viewed as light punishment, Oxford United have gained 11pts when Hutchinson has played this season. The deduction mean Oxford now drift 14pts off the last playoff place.

Swindon were Second Division play-off winners, but the club later admitted 36 charges of breaching league rules, 35 due to illegal payments made to players, and were relegated to the Third Division — giving Sunderland promotion to the First Division and Tranmere Rovers to the Second Division. The scandal saw then chairman Brian Hillier being given a six-month prison sentence and chief accountant Vince Farrar being put on probation. A later appeal saw Swindon Town being allowed to stay in the Second Division.

During the 1994 close season, Tottenham were found guilty of making illegal payments to players and given one of the most severe punishments in English football history: a 12 point deduction, a one year FA Cup ban, and a £600,000 fine. Sugar protested and the Cup ban and points deduction were quashed.

Fine it is then.

Let the Welsh FA hear the case :old:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:55 pm

The reason we haven't heard anything from anyone on this is the "super injunction" from the FA as their statement says:

"The FA, QPR and Mr Paladini shall be making no further comment until the charges are resolved." :old:

See it here:

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary ... ini-050411

Also if you're struggling to get to sleep you can read:

http://www.thefa.com/thefa/~/media/File ... -11-v1.pdf

Good night :old:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Personally I would rather another season in the championship than go up at QPR's expense. Promotion becuase of a QPR point docking would not sit well with me and we wouldn't hear the end of it from other premier league teams and the jacks all of next season. QPR the team and fans deserve promotion after the consistency they've shown this year. Let's win our next two and hope pompey do us a big big favour on Monday and then we can rightfully take our place along with QPR in the PL :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:08 pm

Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:Personally I would rather another season in the championship than go up at QPR's expense. Promotion becuase of a QPR point docking would not sit well with me and we wouldn't hear the end of it from other premier league teams and the jacks all of next season. QPR the team and fans deserve promotion after the consistency they've shown this year. Let's win our next two and hope pompey do us a big big favour on Monday and then we can rightfully take our place along with QPR in the PL :ayatollah:

Very well said. A man with morals & honour.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: