Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: this qpr malarky

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:Personally I would rather another season in the championship than go up at QPR's expense. Promotion becuase of a QPR point docking would not sit well with me and we wouldn't hear the end of it from other premier league teams and the jacks all of next season. QPR the team and fans deserve promotion after the consistency they've shown this year. Let's win our next two and hope pompey do us a big big favour on Monday and then we can rightfully take our place along with QPR in the PL :ayatollah:

Very well said. A man with morals & honour.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A man with a leek stuck up his.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:35 am

Surely you should be most worried if the charge about falsifying documents is made to stick. If it is proved that someone was lying and trying to deceive the FA/FL, then that could be far more serious than the inpenetrable complications of working out third party ownership.

Best team in the division or not, this sort of thing could piss people off severely and have major implications.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:15 am

bluebird58 wrote:Surely you should be most worried if the charge about falsifying documents is made to stick. If it is proved that someone was lying and trying to deceive the FA/FL, then that could be far more serious than the inpenetrable complications of working out third party ownership.

Best team in the division or not, this sort of thing could piss people off severely and have major implications.

Of course on the face of it the charges look bad for us but as I've said many times 2+2 does not make 7 & that is what people have been coming up with for the last 2 months.

I would of thought that fans of a club who's manager has had a horrendous time in the past with regards to slurs, rumours & mud slinging would understand the reasons behind 'innocent until proven otherwise' more than most :?:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:47 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Of course on the face of it the charges look bad for us but as I've said many times 2+2 does not make 7

May be that's not the best counter-argument ever, considering QPR are facing 7 different breaches of FA Regulations :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:17 pm

marky1927 wrote:do anyone think that if the FA FL had meet this week and decided on a 3 point deduction that qpr would have taken the penalty and we all could move on.the more this drags on and the more you hear about the charges against qpr it seems to get more serious by the day, and it seems the media wheel is starting to turn against them with more pundits going for a points deduction. i think that the FA FL hoped qpr would have been about 10 12 points clear come the last game, so deducted 10 points and they would have forfeit the title harsh penalty ,job done ,but thier poor form of late has dropped the FA FL right in it.

its getting boring now. the FA wont deduct them enough points that prevents them from going up automatic.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Fans have a right to be worried its what we do, me personally not worried 1 iota.

What I've written above is FACT have a read again & point out anything to me that is wrong?

Your poor line about respected journalists is tosh. As has been mentioned many times before journalists are paid to create column inches & all I've read is POSSIBLE points deduction. No journalist worth their salt would make a factual statement as they simply do not know.

Its also POSSIBLE for me too add another inch to my knob if I hang an iron from it everyday for the next 6 months!!

Pure pony. The R's are up live with it :lol:

stan i have enjoyed your participation on this board and was looking forward to the meet on saturday so when i ask this question i ask you as a fan not as a person with a grudge and expect an honest answer without prejudice

the Q - If the FA, FL or whoever were going to just fine QPR why has it not been done already, ?
as a fine would be neither here no there to anyone so wouldnt matter when it was issued.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:15 pm

add to that the damning report by sports minister hugh robertson about how english football is being run, declaring it the worst run sport in the country and the FA may have to show face, as the pressure is on them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... tball.html

Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:41 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Fans have a right to be worried its what we do, me personally not worried 1 iota.

What I've written above is FACT have a read again & point out anything to me that is wrong?

Your poor line about respected journalists is tosh. As has been mentioned many times before journalists are paid to create column inches & all I've read is POSSIBLE points deduction. No journalist worth their salt would make a factual statement as they simply do not know.

Its also POSSIBLE for me too add another inch to my knob if I hang an iron from it everyday for the next 6 months!!

stan i have enjoyed your participation on this board and was looking forward to the meet on saturday so when i ask this question i ask you as a fan not as a person with a grudge and expect an honest answer without prejudice

the Q - If the FA, FL or whoever were going to just fine QPR why has it not been done already, ?
as a fine would be neither here no there to anyone so wouldnt matter when it was issued.

Thats a bloody good question, but one i feel Stan will have an answer for!!!!!!!
They get one point and theyre up, the players n fans will celebrate at Watford if they do it.
What does that tell everyone??????

Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:52 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:

Thats a bloody good question, but one i feel Stan will have an answer for!!!!!!!
They get one point and theyre up, the players n fans will celebrate at Watford if they do it.
What does that tell everyone??????

Happened to Swindon once too. They were celebrating promotion when they were sent down two divisions.
Don't rule out a massive points deduction, it could happen.

course on the face of it the charges look bad for us but as I've said many times 2+2 does not make 7 & that is what people have been coming up with for the last 2 months.

Stan, is it not possible you are adding 3.5 and 3.5 and coming up short and only getting 4? :roll: :roll:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:58 pm

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2011/0 ... ed-points/

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:29 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

If I had to give you an answer I could only say because its down to procedure. They can't say here you go QPR you owe us a £250k fine pay up please. Its a system that has to be adhered to ie: charges are made, club has 14 days to respond, they respond within the allocated time & the next step is a hearing. I don't see anything sinister in that. We could well have a hearing & walk away virtually scott free (small fine) we are just following a system that's been put in place.

I'm not expecting a point deduction of any kind BUT if it turns out we do then 3 points maximum.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:

If I had to give you an answer I could only say because its down to procedure. They can't say here you go QPR you owe us a £250k fine pay up please. Its a system that has to be adhered to ie: charges are made, club has 14 days to respond, they respond within the allocated time & the next step is a hearing. I don't see anything sinister in that. We could well have a hearing & walk away virtually scott free (small fine) we are just following a system that's been put in place.

I'm not expecting a point deduction of any kind BUT if it turns out we do then 3 points maximum.

What makes you think that 3 points would be sufficient punishment given the seriousness of the offence?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:22 pm

its a minimum of 10 for any of the charges :old:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:23 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:

What makes you think that 3 points would be sufficient punishment given the seriousness of the offence?

Especially since QPR and Warnock have been chopsing off about having nothing to worry about?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:15 pm

I said IF.

I'm confident we won't suffer a deduction of any kind.

Can't wait to see this board then!! Get the rope out! :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:23 pm

that would put us and norwich in the frame, no wonder the bookies have stopped taking bets on us :D

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:23 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

I have a theory about why QPR have asked for a hearing and not just accepted the charges and that relates directly to the position of Mr Paladini. Far and away the most serious charge the club and Mr Paladini face is the one about submitting false documents because if Mr Paladini is found guilty he may well face a ban and it will almost certainly result in him failing the PL Fit And Proper Persons Test.

I don't know the guy but I understand he is a marmite type of character but he will definately become persona non grata in football circles and this may just be his ego fighting this. The problem with this of course is he risks dragging the club down with him and thats just plain wrong.

Mind you have people who are Persona Non Grata around QPR Football Club doesn't appear to be a problem for the owners afterall Mr Briatore can be seen around the place on most match days. After his FIA Ban for race fixing he immediately failed the FL & PL Fit And Proper Persons Test and sold his QPR shares to Bernie Ecclestone to avoid any unpleasantness.

However I'm sure both the FL & PL has listened with interest Mr Ecclestones recent comments about the possible sale of QPR, he (Bernie) is on record as saying it's not really up to him if the club gets sold or not because Mr Briatore has first refusal on his shares should Mr Ecclestone decide to sell so a man currently under a ban from the World Governing Body of Motorsport is still able to influence affairs around QPR Football Club.

Expect more high profile headlines and investigations around affairs at Loftus Road I fancy. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I said IF.

I'm confident we won't suffer a deduction of any kind.

Can't wait to see this board then!! Get the rope out! :lol:

Eh? More of a side show for me Stan, would rather we go up under our own steam, BUT, if we go up because some team has cheated it's way to the top and gets deducted points, so-be-it. ;)

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:40 pm

castleblue wrote:I have a theory about why QPR have asked for a hearing and not just accepted the charges and that relates directly to the position of Mr Paladini. Far and away the most serious charge the club and Mr Paladini face is the one about submitting false documents because if Mr Paladini is found guilty he may well face a ban and it will almost certainly result in him failing the PL Fit And Proper Persons Test.

I don't know the guy but I understand he is a marmite type of character but he will definately become persona non grata in football circles and this may just be his ego fighting this. The problem with this of course is he risks dragging the club down with him and thats just plain wrong.

Mind you have people who are Persona Non Grata around QPR Football Club doesn't appear to be a problem for the owners afterall Mr Briatore can be seen around the place on most match days. After his FIA Ban for race fixing he immediately failed the FL & PL Fit And Proper Persons Test and sold his QPR shares to Bernie Ecclestone to avoid any unpleasantness.

However I'm sure both the FL & PL has listened with interest Mr Ecclestones recent comments about the possible sale of QPR, he (Bernie) is on record as saying it's not really up to him if the club gets sold or not because Mr Briatore has first refusal on his shares should Mr Ecclestone decide to sell so a man currently under a ban from the World Governing Body of Motorsport is still able to influence affairs around QPR Football Club.

Expect more high profile headlines and investigations around affairs at Loftus Road I fancy. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Interesting theory and one which might have some legs.

BTW Does anyone remember who the name of the QPR Chairman who was held hostage at gunpoint a few years back?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:49 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5029480.stm :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:12 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:

He's changing his tune already admiting 3 points max :lol: :lol: :lol: in other words sh!tting himself and knows it could be a lot more, it's going to be an interesting week or two :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Annis can you get us a sh!tting himself smily for Stan :lol: :lol: :lol:

from Merlin above

QPR - Their Charges, and the rules broken
by Merlin » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:22 pm

I have posted up a slightly more detailed account of the regulations and rules that QPR have allegedly broken and HAVE been charged with. This is to show the majority of readers who have no idea of the actual rules and regulations or how to find or search for them, that the FA speak of.

Queens Park Rangers FC has been charged with seven breaches of FA regulations.

The Club charges relate to the player Alejandro Faurlin and concern the alleged existence of an agreement between the Club and a third party in respect of the player’s economic rights, and the alleged failure by the Club to notify The FA of that agreement before the player was registered to play in England in July 2009.

These charges are brought under FA Rules C1(b)(iii) and E3, and the Third Party Investment in Players Regulations, A1 and A2.

Rule C1 (b) (iii) =
No Club shall enter into a contract which enables any party to that
contract to acquire the ability materially to influence the Club’s policies
or the performance of its teams in Matches and/or Competitions. This
Rule shall be applied in conjunction with any regulations governing Third
Party Investment in Players as may be adopted by The Association from
time to time.

Rule E3
E. CONDUCT
Misconduct
1 The Association may act against a Participant in respect of any “Misconduct”, which is
defined as being a breach of the following:
(a) the Laws of the Game;
(b) the Rules and regulations of The Association and in particular Rules E3 to 28
below;
(c) the statutes and regulations of UEFA;
(d) the statutes and regulations of FIFA;
(e) the rules or regulations of an Affiliated Association or Competition; and
(f) an order, requirement, direction or instruction of The Association.
2 The same facts or matters may constitute a breach of more than one rule, regulation,
statute or law referred to above, The Association may bring a charge or such charges as it
sees fit.

Rule A1 & A2
Club Obligations
1. No Club may enter into an agreement with a Third Party whereby that Club makes or
receives a payment to or from, assigns any rights to or incurs any liability in relation to, that
Third Party as a result of, or in connection with, the proposed or actual registration (whether
permanent or temporary), transfer of registration or employment by it of a Player, unless:
i. it is permitted under Regulation B below; or
ii. The Association has approved the arrangement in accordance with Regulation A.2
below.
2. Before registering a Player for a Club, The Association must be satisfied that there exist no
agreements between the Club or the Player and a Third Party under which a Third Party
will own or continue to own any registration or economic rights or the like in the Player
following registration. Consequently, unless otherwise permitted in accordance with the
requirements of Regulation B below, a Club must submit to The Association any written
contract and the details in writing of any oral contract or agreement that it proposes to
enter into which involves a Third Party:
(a) selling, granting, acquiring or otherwise transacting any rights whatsoever in
relation to the registration of the Player, the transfer of registration of the Player or
the employment of the Player; and/or
(b) making or receiving any payment whatsoever, either directly or indirectly, in
relation to the registration of the Player, the transfer of registration of the Player or
the employment of the Player.
In deciding whether to approve such matters, The Association shall have regard to the
requirements of its Rules and Regulations (including without limitation these Regulations
and the Rules on Dual Interests) as well as the Rules of FIFA and of any relevant Competition

The Club and Club Official Gianni Paladini are also charged in respect of allegedly false information contained in documents submitted to The FA in relation to the same player signing an extension to his playing contract with the Club in October 2010. These charges are brought under the Players Agents Regulations, C2, and FA Rule E3.

Rule C2 =
2 A Club, Player or Authorised Agent must not so arrange matters as to conceal or
misrepresent the reality and/or substance of any matters in relation to a Transaction or
Contract Negotiation.

FA Rule E3 =
E. CONDUCT
Misconduct
1 The Association may act against a Participant in respect of any “Misconduct”, which is
defined as being a breach of the following:
(a) the Laws of the Game;
(b) the Rules and regulations of The Association and in particular Rules E3 to 28
below;
(c) the statutes and regulations of UEFA;
(d) the statutes and regulations of FIFA;
(e) the rules or regulations of an Affiliated Association or Competition; and
(f) an order, requirement, direction or instruction of The Association.
2 The same facts or matters may constitute a breach of more than one rule, regulation,
statute or law referred to above, The Association may bring a charge or such charges as it
sees fit.

The FA can confirm an Independent Regulatory Commission will shortly hear charges brought against QPR in relation to alleged breaches of FA Rules.

The hearing will commence on Tuesday 3 May, with a decision due on Friday 6 May.

It is of MY OPINION ONLY that judging on the above rules that have allegedly been broken, There is no way that a fine will suffice of the above misconduct. The FA have obviously already have the evidence they need, and is now subject of the I.R.C. agreeing with the Charges the FA have already issued. Just one of the above rules in each section have already cost clubs in the past, severe point deductions.

Make of that what you will.

Craig.

Rules of the Association & Laws of the game. The FA Handbook (PDF) -> http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/~/media/File ... -11-v1.pdf
One team in Wales

My Twitter - http://twitter.com/craig_bluebird
My Facebook - http://facebook.com/BLUUEBIRD
Facebook - iphone & Jailbreak group - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 99984&ap=1
Merlin

Private messageMSNM/WLM

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:25 pm

castleblue wrote:should Mr Ecclestone decide to sell so a man currently under a ban from the World Governing Body of Motorsport is still able to influence affairs around QPR Football Club.

Sorry is that the same Mr Briatore that appealed his ban & WON??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As usual. Pony :roll:

Back to the drawing board lad.

:D :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:36 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
castleblue wrote:should Mr Ecclestone decide to sell so a man currently under a ban from the World Governing Body of Motorsport is still able to influence affairs around QPR Football Club.

Sorry is that the same Mr Briatore that appealed his ban & WON??

As usual. Pony :roll:

Back to the drawing board lad.

:D :ayatollah:

Stan it's the same Mr Briatore who had his lifetime ban reduced to a 5 year ban for race fixing and yes he is still under that ban but still able to influence affairs at QPR apparently. Interesting :? :? :?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:59 pm

Flavio Briatore is free to return to Formula One after his lifetime ban was overturned by the French courts on Tuesday.

However, motor racing’s most influential figure, Bernie Ecclestone, indicated that the flamboyant former Renault team principal would rather depart in partial victory than embark on a second career in the paddock.

‘He’s happy he’s won, of course,’ said Ecclestone, who spoke to his friend
Briatore after the verdict. ‘But he didn’t say he wanted to come back to Formula One, and I don’t think he will.’

Briatore was non-committal, saying: ‘Let me take a little time to enjoy this moment of happiness after this difficult period. As for my possible return to F1, there is plenty of time to talk about this