Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A few interesting stats...

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:45 pm

CHOPRA: Michael Chopra has only played 52% of the minutes that Cardiff have played in league and cup this year, and still has 11 goals. He's scored a goal this season for every 218 mins that he's played, though I'd like to think that if he could have stayed fit all season, he could have upped that rate a little and gotten over 20 goals altogether.

KOUMAS: For those who have insisted on getting on Koumas' back this year, he's actually only played 19% of our minutes, due to injuries and not being selected, which is why i personally don't believe that he's actually really had the chance to prove just how good a player he still is.

DAVE JONES: Even though I'm a Jones fan personally, one excuse he or anybody WONT be able to use this year IF we don't go up, is that he's been working with a small squad, as we've actually used 31 players this season, as well as having another 6 on our books (Brown, Santiago, Meades, Comminges, Taiwo, Jarvis) at some point, who have not appeared. Whether using 31 players is a good/bad thing is up for debate, make of it what you will...

RAMSEY: During the time that Ramsey was at the club, not only did we go unbeaten in the games in which he played, but as a team, we only actually conceded a goal every 188 mins (thats 1 every 2 games) during the 6 games in which he appeared. Who knows where we'd be now if he could have stayed longer....

And finally...
MCNAUGHTON VS NAYLOR: Just an ironic stat, been as though a lot of us consider Super Kev to be our player of the season, with Naylor as our worst...
When McNaughton plays, we concede a goal every 80 mins, whereas when Naylor plays, we actually concede every 82 minutes ;)

:ayatollah:

Re: A few interesting stats...

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:12 pm

clearly these werent as interesting as i thought they were :P

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:36 am

You spoilt it with your last paragraph! :lol:

I know who I'd rather have in my team!! ;)

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:29 am

Ramseys impact in the short time he was with us was immense.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:02 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Ramseys impact in the short time he was with us was immense.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Merlin wrote:You spoilt it with your last paragraph! :lol:

I know who I'd rather have in my team!! ;)

yeahh course :ayatollah:
there's not a right back in the Prem i'd take over Kev :ayatollah:

just thought id point that out though for a laugh :)

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Those goals conceded whilst kev played: how many of them were conceded when Naylor was playing at the same time as kev?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:42 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:CHOPRA: Michael Chopra has only played 52% of the minutes that Cardiff have played in league and cup this year, and still has 11 goals. He's scored a goal this season for every 218 mins that he's played, though I'd like to think that if he could have stayed fit all season, he could have upped that rate a little and gotten over 20 goals altogether.

KOUMAS: For those who have insisted on getting on Koumas' back this year, he's actually only played 19% of our minutes, due to injuries and not being selected, which is why i personally don't believe that he's actually really had the chance to prove just how good a player he still is.

DAVE JONES: Even though I'm a Jones fan personally, one excuse he or anybody WONT be able to use this year IF we don't go up, is that he's been working with a small squad, as we've actually used 31 players this season, as well as having another 6 on our books (Brown, Santiago, Meades, Comminges, Taiwo, Jarvis) at some point, who have not appeared. Whether using 31 players is a good/bad thing is up for debate, make of it what you will...

more on dave jones out of all the games we have played his hands have only been out of his pockets for 3% of the mins we have played

RAMSEY: During the time that Ramsey was at the club, not only did we go unbeaten in the games in which he played, but as a team, we only actually conceded a goal every 188 mins (thats 1 every 2 games) during the 6 games in which he appeared. Who knows where we'd be now if he could have stayed longer....

And finally...
MCNAUGHTON VS NAYLOR: Just an ironic stat, been as though a lot of us consider Super Kev to be our player of the season, with Naylor as our worst...
When McNaughton plays, we concede a goal every 80 mins, whereas when Naylor plays, we actually concede every 82 minutes ;)

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:54 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Those goals conceded whilst kev played: how many of them were conceded when Naylor was playing at the same time as kev?

23 out of 47 :)

Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:59 pm

scott i am really worried about you :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:29 pm

godhasdonearunner wrote:scott i am really worried about you :lol:

thanks Mike ;)

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:25 pm

a horse with no name wrote:
scott_ccfc wrote:CHOPRA: Michael Chopra has only played 52% of the minutes that Cardiff have played in league and cup this year, and still has 11 goals. He's scored a goal this season for every 218 mins that he's played, though I'd like to think that if he could have stayed fit all season, he could have upped that rate a little and gotten over 20 goals altogether.

more on dave jones out of all the games we have played his hands have only been out of his pockets for 3% of the mins we have played

And finally...

lmao i havent kept track of that unfortunately, but thats probably about right, as long as we get to the Prem though i couldnt care less :ayatollah: