Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Petition for more funds to LOW

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi guys,

This is the link to my petition : http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/mor ... gn.html#se

Basically its a petition for more funding towards the LOW, if anyone signs or looks at it any feedback, be it positive or negative is welcome.

Thank you very much and I hope it works. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Petition for more funds to LOW

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:24 pm

IF YOU GET THIS ACROSS ALL SOCIAL NETWORKS, FOOTBALL FORUMS, THE WELSH LEAGUE SITE, ALL WELSH CLUBS SITES AND THEIR FORUMS ETC THERE IS NO REASON WHY YOU CANT GET A MASSIVE PETITION FOR THIS.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:38 pm

I've signed it and so has my wife.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:51 pm

cheers and jooshy i will :ayatollah:

If you guys are on other forums could you do me a favour and link it please? im going on red passion and planet S*****

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:58 pm

Just signed it

Could it be made a sticky for a few days??
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:00 pm

thanks for signing guys, im not expecting this to work but it would be brill if it did. and would be much appreciative if people would spread the word around :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:02 pm

Signed!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Cheers Bridgend Bluebird, good call.

On another note, the FAW could do them selves a huge favour if they re branded the name too. LOW is awful and sends out such a negative message. Whist other associations try to big up their leagues with names such as Premiership and Championship, we do the complete opposite an call ours LOW. Even something obvious like "The Welsh Premiership" is better, anyone got any better names?

:ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:09 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:Cheers Bridgend Bluebird, good call.

On another note, the FAW could do them selves a huge favour if they re branded the name too. LOW is awful and sends out such a negative message. Whist other associations try to big up their leagues with names such as Premiership and Championship, we do the complete opposite an call ours LOW. Even something obvious like "The Welsh Premiership" is better, anyone got any better names?

you're absolutely right, LOW does send out a negative message, the welsh premeirship would be good but what bout the other leagues? i would go for a simple "the welsh league" :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:11 pm

La Liga Cymru 8-)

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:12 pm

PtB wrote:La Liga Cymru 8-)

spanish with a hint of welsh....catchy :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:28 pm

bump :D

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

you're absolutely right, LOW does send out a negative message, the welsh premeirship would be good but what bout the other leagues? i would go for a simple "the welsh league" :ayatollah:

Yep, that works mate, in fact anything works better than LOW

(Except The Welsh....Football League And Premiership Soccer - FLAPS for short)

:lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Yep, that works mate, in fact anything works better than LOW

(Except The Welsh....Football League And Premiership Soccer - FLAPS for short)

:lol:

well i think a restructure, proper advertisement and more funding needs to be done first :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:19 pm

bump

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:11 pm

we need more signatures cmon guys, might not work but worth a try :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:00 am

Signed. :ayatollah:

It's not just at government level at the WA, it's local government level as well. Not just football but if any other sport in Wales had a fraction of the money and resources that the rugby get then it would make a huge difference.

You take Penalta rugby club. They had to move them from their portacabin when they started Ystrad hospital. So they totally refurbed a councill office building which is in fact bigger than the trainning ground building that CCFC and CB's have at the Vale. They even have cleaners provided by the council. Now I know they have to pay rent to the council but I would question the level of that rent and if it is good value for money considering the size of the building. If for instance they had turned it in to flats, which there would have been a lot of, how much money would that have generated in comparison? Plus there's the huge amount of money they spent doing it up for them. There's no way is their rent covering all those costs. Costs I might had I have to contribute towards.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:01 am

Signed. Ill put it on facebook now aswell to try and get people to sign it. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:06 am

Just posted it on my uni football team group on facebook should have a few names sign it from there :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:07 pm

cheers guys, :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:07 pm

bump :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Glad you're going ahead with this mate. I will spread it on my social networking outlets for my freelance writing work.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Zabier wrote:Glad you're going ahead with this mate. I will spread it on my social networking outlets for my freelance writing work.

cheers mate, well its about time someone tried, the league has so much potential, just need more money thrown to it, if this petition works im not expecting the clubs to get crowds of 30k+ in the first season...id expect it to gradually rise which is a start. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: and for more football academies to be made to give youngsters who had a bad childhood a chance to stop crime and do something good with their lives :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:23 pm

I've asked Robbie Savage, FourFourTwo and Jay Bothroyd to retweet as a promotion on Twitter but doubt they will. I'll try and get SI to promote it as well but they might avoid wanting to seem political.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Zabier wrote:I've asked Robbie Savage, FourFourTwo and Jay Bothroyd to retweet as a promotion on Twitter but doubt they will. I'll try and get SI to promote it as well but they might avoid wanting to seem political.

thank you very much for you help and support :ayatollah: flipping heck this could end up in a full on campaign :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Zabier wrote:I've asked Robbie Savage, FourFourTwo and Jay Bothroyd to retweet as a promotion on Twitter but doubt they will. I'll try and get SI to promote it as well but they might avoid wanting to seem political.

thank you very much for you help and support :ayatollah: flipping heck this could end up in a full on campaign :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

So it should be. Welsh football seemingly isn't going to improve by itself. It seems it needs us fans to get more proactive and do something about it rather than sitting around and waiting for something to happen. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:28 pm

Zabier wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

So it should be. Welsh football seemingly isn't going to improve by itself. It seems it needs us fans to get more proactive and do something about it rather than sitting around and waiting for something to happen. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:23 pm

Yet another rallying cry! if i get enough signatures I will try and get this into a campaign, spread the word post it on facebook, twitter etc,

Football is not only entertaining, but helps the community, it helps get youths who cause trouble on the streets off the streets by playing football. Brings the community together.

Promotes businesses due to the businesses sponsoring the club to get advertisements. Local businesses could get benefit from fans spending money there, i.e pubs, restaraunts etc.

And even the WAG could make money from it (im guessing the taxes the welsh clubs that play in the welsh leagues go to the WAG), the bigger the club, the more money it makes, which means i higher taxes.

A chance for a welsh club to get into europe which would promote the LOW and would be a massive two fingers at the FA :D

There are many more points on why it should be funded more.

I would like to thank the people who have supported and signed the petition and thank in advance to people who may sign and support it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:05 pm

bump :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:39 am

bump :D :ayatollah: