Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Manuel Neuer

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:20 am

I'm a big fan of German football and didn't see last night's Champions League game due to a lack of Sky TV, but I saw the highlights on the news. Some of the saves he made were unbelievable and I don't think any goalkeeper will have a better game than he did last night. He must have been sickened that he did everything he could to keep Utd out but that, from what I heard, the rest of his team-mates were so poor

Re: Manuel Neuer

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:30 am

Neuer was outstanding.

He stopped it being a 0-5 scoreline, which would have been a fairer reflection of ManUre's dominance. Schalke were shockingly poor.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:44 am

Yeah, so I've been told. I wonder why Schalke were so poor. Maybe they peaked against Inter and found it hard to re-produce that level of performance

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:46 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Yeah, so I've been told. I wonder why Schalke were so poor. Maybe they peaked against Inter and found it hard to re-produce that level of performance

They were like rabbits caught in headlights. From the off they looked intimidated by Utd.

I suspect the occasion got to them?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:53 am

Seems that way, Frodo. Even Raul was, from what I've heard, which seems surprising

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:53 am

I can't believe how bad Schalke were.

If we can qualify for Europe through WFA competitions then I wouldn't bet against us being able to beat them.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:05 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Seems that way, Frodo. Even Raul was, from what I've heard, which seems surprising

He looked more frustrated than anything, but he chased everything that came his way right to the end.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:29 pm

I saw Neuer go mental for one of the goals. Just imagine how he would feel, playing as well as any keeper can do only for the players in front of him to let him down

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:20 pm

hes shit he should join cardiff :D :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:hes shit he should join cardiff :D :ayatollah:

our goalkeeper coach will make him awfull

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 pm

thomas9990 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:hes shit he should join cardiff :D :ayatollah:

our goalkeeper coach will make him awfull

heaton seems to be doing well

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:58 pm

he ruined marshall :cry:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:59 pm

thomas9990 wrote:he ruined marshall :cry:

marshall looks like hes doing well too when hes getting games

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:37 pm

marshall is a good keeper

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:57 pm

neuer is without a doubt the best goal keeper I have ever seen, bar schmichael,

he's got everything, size, strength, speed, reflexes, can marshall the defence , comes off his line at the right times and he can read the game superbly

Schalke looked like germanys answer to blackburn- I dont like valencia , I didn't like park , even nani... but they made them look top players, theirs good players nothing more than that