Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FRIENDLY MATCH WITH MERTHYR TOWN PLEASE MR JENKS!

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:40 pm

come on gethin lets have our yearly friendly with merthyr town again this year! .... so many supporters from this part of the world travel to cardiff every other week, so come up to us once a year as a THANK YOU! ... :ayatollah: ... why travel over the bridge to play non-league sides when we have them on our doorsteps!

Re: FRIENDLY MATCH WITH MERTHYR TOWN PLEASE MR JENKS!

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:45 pm

id also prefer to give my money to merthyr town than some side in western supermare too! ... and the company that owns the severn bridge as pinched too much of my money over the years too! :old:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:57 pm

TOP shout aherne

when ever possible i was at the merthyr games in taffs well and fully enjoyed being a supporter, it would give me no better pleasure than going back to penydarren and giving more support.

take this chance AGAIN, to say well dont to shep and the lads TOP SEASON.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:03 pm

we can all meet up in The Brunswick as Ive heared the landlord is a decent sort altho he does prefer to play rugby these days :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:04 pm

Yeah, would love to see this again. Thoroughly enjoyed my experiences at Penydarren Park and the fact my missus is from Merthyr (just round the corner from Penydarren Park as well!) means that once a year we have a special rivalry which ends up with me gloating! :D :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:05 pm

f**k merthyr...the mighty bridgend town would be better mun :D :D :D :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:11 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:f**k merthyr...the mighty bridgend town would be better mun :D :D :D :lol: :ayatollah:

well if we are going down that route! .. TREDEGAR TOWN PLEASE :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:16 pm

AHERNE wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:f**k merthyr...the mighty bridgend town would be better mun :D :D :D :lol: :ayatollah:

well if we are going down that route! .. TREDEGAR TOWN PLEASE :lol:

cant get bigger than that :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:44 pm

AHERNE wrote:come on gethin lets have our yearly friendly with merthyr town again this year! .... so many supporters from this part of the world travel to cardiff every other week, so come up to us once a year as a THANK YOU! ... :ayatollah: ... why travel over the bridge to play non-league sides when we have them on our doorsteps!

if its a choice between the two i'd rather a trip to weston supermare thank you very much..
although i hope we play merthyr pre season to.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:29 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
AHERNE wrote:come on gethin lets have our yearly friendly with merthyr town again this year! .... so many supporters from this part of the world travel to cardiff every other week, so come up to us once a year as a THANK YOU! ... :ayatollah: ... why travel over the bridge to play non-league sides when we have them on our doorsteps!

if its a choice between the two i'd rather a trip to weston supermare thank you very much..
although i hope we play merthyr pre season to.

merthyr is our little brother and he need looking after! ... weston is that boy who`s pinching our brothers pocket money! ;)

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Lets lend them some players as well :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:37 pm

MalagaCF wrote:

:ayatollah: now we are talking!

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:42 pm

AHERNE wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:

:ayatollah: now we are talking!

naylors on his way as we speak :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Probably be a great idea to have a mini tournament involving Merthyr, Bridgend Town, Taffs well, Barry Town, Newport and Cardiff; which could take place all in one day in the city stadium. With a family event outside as well; some sort of appreciation of supporting South Wales football teams.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:32 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:Probably be a great idea to have a mini tournament involving Merthyr, Bridgend Town, Taffs well, Barry Town, Newport and Cardiff; which could take place all in one day in the city stadium. With a family event outside as well; some sort of appreciation of supporting South Wales football teams.

fantastic idea but wheres tredegar town! ;)

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:39 pm

fantastic idea but wheres tredegar town!

Could even invite Ebbw Vale and Cwmbran Town!!!!! :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:42 pm

I used to love the Merthyr game, I remember seeing Aaron Ramsey play for the first time up there a few years back.