Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Leeds United

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Well it looks like they have blown their play off chances. I cant see them overtaking Forest who occupy 6th spot who have Scunthrope at home next game. That should be 3 points for Forest therefore meaning Leeds would have to win their last 2 games, overcome a 3 goal difference and hope Forest loose their last game. Cant see it happening.

This actually surprised me when I looked into it after calming down from our Preston game. So I decided to have a look at Leeds last few games and its not very good for them. They have only picked up 2 points in their last 5 games, Their last win was ironically against Forest on the 2nd April who now have replaced them as favourites to take that 6th spot.

I brought this all up with a colleague at work who supports Leeds and he told me that they have not won a game since the Football Association (the Premier league owners) said they would not allow Leeds into the premier league unless Leeds told them who actually owned the club. This also surprised me as I did not have a clue what he was talking about.

Apparently nobody knows who owns Leeds. The FA want to know and if they are not informed then Leeds are not going to be allowed ot play in the premiership. It is strongly rumoured around Leeds that this is the reason they have a drop in form. Whoever the owners are they do not want the FA to know them and suspicions are the Leeds team are playing not to go up.

Re: Leeds United

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:21 pm

There was something about this in the paper the other day, but as it involved Leeds I didn't bother reading it.

I suppose one of the MB's super link finders will could put one up for us.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:28 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-c ... d-who-owns

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Interesting read that.

So why are they reluctant to name the owners?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:08 pm

well i hope to god leeds beat burnley sat, so that if we win on monday, they have nothing to play for next week!