Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

grammar police,

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:30 pm

we do have a problem on here with the grammar police,you spell things wrong, too many commas :roll: , etc, and the grammar police are on you, i must add , in a nice way. but, i bet there are city fans out there looking at this messageboard with some intresting and constructive things to say, but wont come on here cause there not that good at spelling etc, yeah, like me :lol: , you know what people are saying, do we get to the point where we have to do a spellchecker before we post? for a few of us in here it was 25years plus since we were at school. boothroyd, bothroyd, you know who there on about, lighten up, its a cardiff city messageboard, not a cambidge v oxford university reunion,, rant over :roll:

Re: grammar police,

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:37 pm

I agree, thats the reason i post on here, & not on another site, where you got some jumped up, pain in the arse wanker criticizing you.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:51 pm

I'm loose for words.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I'm loose for words.

:lol: Keep them coming mate!!!

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:59 pm

:lol: :lol: , exactly. that was a post on here tonight. why do people say loose. instead of lose,? see what im on about?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Its GCSE i blame, get the grammar schools back I say :old:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Fekc the skools http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qga5eONXU_4 :D

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:45 pm

ninianblue wrote:

:lol: :lol: , exactly. that was a post on here tonight. why do people say loose. instead of lose,? see what im on about?

So after that rant - you're now criticising somebody's spelling! :lol:

jesus...... :idea:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Merlin wrote:
ninianblue wrote:

So after that rant - you're now criticising somebody's spelling! :lol:

jesus...... :idea:[/quote, just saying,we all make mistakes :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Gust get yure commas in the wight plase and we wont have a go at yoor speling wich i must say is apaling to sey the lest. I I kant stand peple huw c**t spell it shows a lak of a desent edjucation. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Gust get yure commas in the wight plase and we wont have a go at yoor speling wich i must say is apaling to sey the lest. I I kant stand peple huw c**t spell it shows a lak of a desent edjucation. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i dont understand french, :roll: :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:10 pm

this thread sucks.
I am mortified, live in the real world.
No wonder its the same people who CONSTANTLY' post on here, the other 4,000 0r so don't for fear of being ripped to shreds by the know alls.. BIG FAT FACT... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
no doubt i will be barred for speaking out...

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:18 pm

supercoops wrote:this thread sucks.
No wonder its the same people who CONSTANTLY' post on here, the other 4,000 0r so don't for fear of being ripped to shreds by the know alls.. BIG FAT FACT... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What do you mean?

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:26 pm

I love it when someone mentions a typo or spelling error etc in a condescending manner or in a patronising tone only to reveal a similar error in their post. I used to have spelling, grammar and punctuation OCD but I'm not a big enough c**t to correct other people's mistakes. What's the point? What does anyone gain from it? If we can all understand what we're all typing it doesn't matter.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:28 pm

Zabier wrote:I love it when someone mentions a typo or spelling error etc in a condescending manner or in a patronising tone only to reveal a similar error in their post. I used to have spelling, grammar and punctuation OCD but I'm not a big enough c**t to correct other people's mistakes. What's the point? What does anyone gain from it? If we can all understand what we're all typing it doesn't matter.

ummmmm ok :roll: ;)

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:28 pm

ninianblue wrote:We do have a problem on here with the Grammar Police. You spell things wrong, put too many commas :roll: etc. and the Grammar Police are on you. I must add though it's in a nice way. I bet there are city fans out there looking at this messageboard with some interesting and constructive things to say but wont come on here because they're not that good at spelling etc. (like me :lol: ). You know what people are saying - Do we get to the point where we have to do a spellcheck before we post? For some of us here it's been 25 years+ since we were at school. Boothroyd, Bothroyd, you know who they're on about. Lighten up - It's a Cardiff City messageboard, not a Cambridge v Oxford university reunion. Rant over :roll:

I tried my best to sort out your mess of a post. :D

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:30 pm

Zabier wrote:I love it when someone mentions a typo or spelling error etc in a condescending manner or in a patronising tone only to reveal a similar error in their post. I used to have spelling, grammar and punctuation OCD but I'm not a big enough c**t to correct other people's mistakes. What's the point? What does anyone gain from it? If we can all understand what we're all typing it doesn't matter.

Absolutely, but it obviously gets up other peoples back sides! :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:49 pm

ninianblue wrote:we do have a problem on here with the grammar police,you spell things wrong, too many commas :roll: , etc, and the grammar police are on you, i must add , in a nice way. but, i bet there are city fans out there looking at this messageboard with some intresting and constructive things to say, but wont come on here cause there not that good at spelling etc, yeah, like me :lol: , you know what people are saying, do we get to the point where we have to do a spellchecker before we post? for a few of us in here it was 25years plus since we were at school. boothroyd, bothroyd, you know who there on about, lighten up, its a cardiff city messageboard, not a cambidge v oxford university reunion,, rant over :roll:

when the jacks are sussed out and cant answer a question they resort to grammer :lol:

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:51 am

Yea same here im as dull as thay cum,

Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:25 pm

In all seriousness, while i agree that correct grammar is important, i also feel the "message" is more important than the actual "spelling". People should not have to be put off from posting on this forum, for what ever reason, & should be allowd to express themselves in a free & open enviroment.
There is a good mix of "mindset" on this excellent mb, with many contributors, & there is allways room for more. Long may this continue. :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:08 pm

I'm on the middle ground here. I don't think spelling and and gramma are that important. However some posts are totally unreadable and to be fair have a reading age of an 8 year old. Like I said I'm not too bothered as long as the message gets through. I'm no expert myself.
The one thing that does suprise me though is the government are telling us that almost all kids leave school with GCSE English, with many of which with A grades. No offence like to our younger posters but some of them post like Vicky Pollard whilst smashed off her face. :lol:

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:40 pm

In seriousness my spelling is awful my grammar is even worse and thank f**k for the spell checker. But fair play because i reply on here often my spelling is improving so down to this board my English / Spelling is getting better. How do i know because when i press spell checker less and less words needs correcting. But my Grammar well that's bloody awful but to be honest no one on here actually has ever said anything so i guess it has never been a problem :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Oh and this thread bought up 5 friggin spelling mistakes i must do better :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:53 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
supercoops wrote:this thread sucks.

What do you mean?

I don't think he knows :lol:

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:12 pm

I blame Labour for the education standards falling.