Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: is anybody intrested in royal wedding

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:29 pm

iangibson wrote:SORRY I`m a republican,we got rid of them once why did we bring them back ???????
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:36 pm

The big question is though..........is Harry going to poke Pippa Middleton tonight?!....

:ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:55 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:The big question is though..........is Harry going to poke Pippa Middleton tonight?!....

:ayatollah:

me and the wife mentioned the same thing

Haha, it's going to happen, the dirty dog! Fair play Pippa and Kate both looked saucy today.....can't beat a bit of posh totty.

Only thing missing today was; amongst the pomp and circumstance, and after the big kiss on the balcony of buck house and beneath the lancaster bomber fly past, was Prince wills giving us an ayatollah :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:00 pm

Midfield general wrote:
laws88 wrote:what a load of bollocks it cost the economy billions of pounds.

Check the economic FACTS before stating such rubbish

yes cost tax payer about 6billion and they made about 1 billion read you facts

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:04 pm

laws88 wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

Check the economic FACTS before stating such rubbish

yes cost tax payer about 6billion and they made about 1 billion read you facts

you're telling me its costs the tax payer £6billion to do a f*cking wedding? You high? its costing millions yes but not billions. :roll: :roll: :roll: if anything we made £2billion.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:14 pm

This wedding has cost us a fortune in security of all the foreign dignitaries aswell as our own, all the businesses that had to pay either double time or give an xtra day paid leave today, this all equates to non-productivity in the economy.....it has cost us far more than the royal spin machine makes out!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:55 pm

griffy wrote:Image
:D

haha :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:13 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:This wedding has cost us a fortune in security of all the foreign dignitaries aswell as our own, all the businesses that had to pay either double time or give an xtra day paid leave today, this all equates to non-productivity in the economy.....it has cost us far more than the royal spin machine makes out!

Very good point Sir, and yet again proves that the only person that needs to check their facts in this thread is the actual politician Saying that, I'd rather have these Germans in change if that the standard of politician around.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Any Filth read this board. Want to report a man and woman driving through London with false number plates.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:24 pm

sorry i disagree. This wedding has made money for this economy. Its arranged. Bankers fucked up so we (the commoners as the royals call us) have to pick up the pieces yet again. all the tourists, EVERYONE that went to the wedding bought merchandise or something from a shop, hotels, restaurants etc. street parties....full of william and kate merchandise.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:33 pm

I still cant believe people are so naive when it comes to the royals, im sorry but some of you live on planet cuckoo with them! I am no-ones subject and if being called that sits ok with you then thou art a tool.....going to work now so my tax money can pay for this wedding.....french had the right idea

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:35 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:I still cant believe people are so naive when it comes to the royals, im sorry but some of you live on planet cuckoo with them! I am no-ones subject and if being called that sits ok with you then thou art a tool.....going to work now so my tax money can pay for this wedding.....french had the right idea

i dont like the royals aswell mate. I'm a citizen of britain not a subject nor a fecking commoner.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:37 pm

To say the queen isnt in charge......when a new government is voted in who swears in the new PM? she is allowed to refuse thus we have to vote again....this can in theory continue until the government is one that the queen chooses, thus britain = dictatorship!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:39 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:To say the queen isnt in charge......when a new government is voted in who swears in the new PM? she is allowed to refuse thus we have to vote again....this can in theory continue until the government is one that the queen chooses, thus britain = dictatorship!

haha sorry disagree she doesnt have power :lol: the scummy government are in complete control.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:

.....and contributed and continues to contribute billions through tourism

tourism? :lol:

nobody cares about the Royals when visiting London. Its the historic buildings, the sighseeings and great landmarks everyone visits. BuckHouse, Westminster, The Tower, the Parliament, Madame T... etc.

nothing to do with the Monarchy, or will these buildings pulled dow when they are all gone?

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:51 pm

Hof, (not picking on you but your on line) Did/Does the Royal family not give the treasurey circa £200M a year through what they detail as tourism (not sure how its broken down mind). Not being picky or pedantic just saw it on the web earlier today? :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:59 pm

cant see how they contribute through tourism. as I said people come to visit London because of the city. London's one of the world's greatest capitals, loads of things to see and as a european you simply have to visit once in your life.

but the royals? nah... I came to the UK for the first time in 1990, of course I spent 2 days within London to see a few bits n pieses, did a sightseeing tour etc.

never ever it came to my mind, that the Queen has to do with all this. BuckHouse is a building where she sometimes resides, so what? It is famous for what it is, not because of her...

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:04 pm

Hofmeister wrote:cant see how they contribute through tourism. as I said people come to visit London because of the city. London's one of the world's greatest capitals, loads of things to see and as a european you simply have to visit once in your life.

but the royals? nah... I came to the UK for the first time in 1990, of course I spent 2 days within London to see a few bits n pieses, did a sightseeing tour etc.

never ever it came to my mind, that the Queen has to do with all this. BuckHouse is a building where she sometimes resides, so what? It is famous for what it is, not because of her...

I get your thoughts mate but apparently these are actual figures publicised by the treasurey, whilst I dont think that the Royals do us any great favours I do think they contribute especially since they opened the Palace up to visitors?!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:04 pm

Hofmeister wrote:
Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:

.....and contributed and continues to contribute billions through tourism

tourism? :lol:

nobody cares about the Royals when visiting London. Its the historic buildings, the sighseeings and great landmarks everyone visits. BuckHouse, Westminster, The Tower, the Parliament, Madame T... etc.

nothing to do with the Monarchy, or will these buildings pulled dow when they are all gone?

you are shitting me????!!!!!
"nobody cares about the Royals when visiting London.......Buckhouse.........The Tower......"
Of course, they have nothing at all to do with the royal family!!!!!!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:09 pm

they are buildings!!!

if you'd have a royal family now or if they were abolished a 100 years ago is irrelevant...

germany doesnt have the kaiser anymore, still people visit berlin to see the sightseeings... barndenburg gate, the old kaiser palace etc
rome doesnt have an emperor anymore, still tourists go and visit...
paris... etc

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:11 pm

Hofmeister wrote:they are buildings!!!

if you'd have a royal family now or if they were abolished a 100 years ago is irrelevant...

germany doesnt have the kaiser anymore, still people visit berlin to see the sightseeings... barndenburg gate, the old kaiser palace etc
paris... etc

So todays additional 1M visitors came to see the Palace, TOL, etc?

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:13 pm

not today no... but how many weddings do you have so people come to london because of em? ;)

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:16 pm

Not many weddings I admit but do people only come to see buildings or because they have the faint hope of seeing a/the royals?

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:22 pm

Hofmeister wrote:they are buildings!!!

paris... etc

I get your point, but I do disagree just from seeing queues of yanks and japanese waiting outside buck house and windsor castle for a glimpse of old queenie. The fact that 2 billion people worldwide tuned in today shows the royals are still a global brand that people want to see.......this viewing figure is 2nd overall only to another royal related event, the funeral of princess Di

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:24 pm

it is just the buildings, i can assure you. ask any foreig tourist why he comes to london, and you will get that answer 99%

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:25 pm

Diana was different, cos people just loved her because for what she stood and people felt sorry for her. different story with the grumpy old queen and prince charlie...

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:35 pm

good to see the dragon flags out today and the street parties in full forc :ayatollah: e , god bless the Cwm Bluebirds

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:39 pm

Hofmeister wrote:Diana was different, cos people just loved her because for what she stood and people felt sorry for her. different story with the grumpy old queen and prince charlie...

Sorry Hof cant agree. The figures dont stack up. If an additional 1M people turned up for one day (special wedding day I know) and 1 Bn tuned in to watch then surely of those then if only a fraction turned up throughout the year to see the royals they would spend enough to make them both viable and profitable? Off now anyway but good discussing the topic :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:00 am

Ill post link when im home from work, but out of the top 20 tourist attractions last year only one royal building was there, that was windsor castle at number 14....tower of london is owned by government not the royals, legoland made more than all the royal tourist attractions combined last year.... This is from tourism board figures, im sorry but tourist factor is bollox

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:48 am

It's agreat event God bless them :D