Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Sun: QPR Promotion set to be Blocked

Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:44 pm

people keep saying the sun is shit and unreliable.......news maybe, their sport section, and particularly the horses is amongst the best around.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:56 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:people keep saying the sun is shit and unreliable.......news maybe, their sport section, and particularly the horses is amongst the best around.

Is that YOUR opinion? :lol:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:01 pm

IMO QPR will be docked at least 20 pts if found guilty on all 7 charges..

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:04 pm

"The FA wishes to make clear it dissociates itself from an article concerning QPR's forthcoming disciplinary hearing published in today's Sun newspaper."

And if the FA take sanctions, they are open to legal action, contrary to what some optimist said a few posts back......

Forget about us and concentrate on the job in hand.... the canaries may fall off the perch down South...

Meanwhile we have a score to settle with Watford. ;)

And avoid inviting any agents onto the CFC board.... :D

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:38 am

seattle wrote:"The FA wishes to make clear it dissociates itself from an article concerning QPR's forthcoming disciplinary hearing published in today's Sun newspaper."

And if the FA take sanctions, they are open to legal action, contrary to what some optimist said a few posts back......

Forget about us and concentrate on the job in hand.... the canaries may fall off the perch down South...

I think they will be more afraid of the legal action they would get from not deducting points, particularly where there are precedents like the unregistered agent (Luton).

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:04 am

Lawnmower wrote:
seattle wrote:"The FA wishes to make clear it dissociates itself from an article concerning QPR's forthcoming disciplinary hearing published in today's Sun newspaper."

I think they will be more afraid of the legal action they would get from not deducting points, particularly where there are precedents like the unregistered agent (Luton).

why does everyone assume there will be a court case.
qpr are being investigated under fa and league rules and if found guilty the punishment will be as laid out in those rules.
the only right of appeal; is through the fa and that would be dealt with within 48 hours of an appeal being lodged.
The most serious part of all this for me is that qpr were given the chance by the fa to put their house in order and they responded by providing false documentation.
i have trawled back through previous cases and cant see any sign of a false documentation charge before.
am i alone in thinking this is the worst possible charge that could be brought against them at this moment in time

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:45 am

steve davies wrote:why does everyone assume there will be a court case.
qpr are being investigated under fa and league rules and if found guilty the punishment will be as laid out in those rules.
the only right of appeal; is through the fa and that would be dealt with within 48 hours of an appeal being lodged.
The most serious part of all this for me is that qpr were given the chance by the fa to put their house in order and they responded by providing false documentation.
i have trawled back through previous cases and cant see any sign of a false documentation charge before.
am i alone in thinking this is the worst possible charge that could be brought against them at this moment in time

No Steve, you certainly are not. - & I can see the FA taking a dim view of it tbh. And rightly so.

If they'd come clean on the original issue - which by all accounts they've pleaded guilty to anyway, they may well have been shown a degree of lenience. But to then allegedly provide fraudulent documentation is a serious situation - and a grave error. If found guilty they should be severely punished.