Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HAD SOME GREAT NEWS ABOUT MY DAUGHTER

Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:40 am

Some of you will be aware of my daughters condition. She had a very serious bone cancer when she was 16 resulted in replacing her hip and half her thigh bone with a prosthesis. After loads of chemo and surgery she was given the all clear at 18. it then reappeared on her lung a couple of years later and after another load of chemo and major treatment it was cleared, but then within the year 3 more tumours showed up behind her heart. Thru all this she been totally up for the scrap and as been an example to all of us, she is now in the middle of more chemo with two sessions left to go, but the scan results yesterday were very favourable, the two smaller tumours have calcified and the large one which was the size of a lemon is now the size of a pip. She's not out of the woods yet but this is a major lift for her. Just wanted to share it with my fellow bluebirds.

Re: HAD SOME GREAT NEWS ABOUT MY DAUGHTER

Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:45 am

great news :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:47 am

Good news mate! Can't be easy for any of the family! You have my heart and luck!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:49 am

:ayatollah: Fantastic news you and your family will obviously stay strong until hopefully in the near future your daughter can be rid of this horrible disease :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:50 am

brilliant news gwynn :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:53 am

Brilliant Gwyn, have followed her progress with your updates on here. She sounds like a proper little fighter! Good news and good luck to all of you :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:56 am

Great news mate, my mate is a a radiographer and the success they have now with treatment is incredible compared with years ago. Have a great weekend in the sun!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:00 am

Brilliant news gwynn :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:11 am

Great news Gwyn, wishing you both the best of luck for for the future.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:18 am

:ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:24 am

Excellent news.

And please pass on our best wishes to your young lady. She sounds like a real battler.

Warms the cockles of you're heart hearing stuff like that. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:42 am

Congrats to you and your family!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:44 am

Your daughter is one tough cookie Gwyn and has been through a lot for one so young. Keep strong for her and tell her keep her chin up. This is one bloobird rooting for her, you and all your family. All the best - Ian. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:45 am

Great news Gwynn. Fingers crossed for the final leg of this battle now. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:45 am

Great news Gwyn, wish her all the best from the boys in the Mount Pleas.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:47 am

What an awful run of luck for someone so young, so let's hope the corner has been turned with this great bit of news. :D

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:06 am

:ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:10 am

Great news gwyn :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:14 am

I dont know you my friend but your story made me....erm get bad hayfever for a few minutes.
I am thrilled that your daughters tumours are getting blasted and she is getting there.
Please give her and your family all the best .
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:26 am

Great news Gwyn.

Its good news week :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:26 am

Gwyn, great news about your daughter, shes been through such alot at such a young age. Wish her all the very best :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:32 am

GREAT NEWS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:54 am

Tell the Lass to keep fighting Chief. She must be a massive inspiration to you all Gwyn . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:04 am

I am very pleased for your daughter and you Gwyn, excellent news. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:06 am

she,s a born fighter....just like her dad... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:08 am

BigGwynram wrote:Some of you will be aware of my daughters condition. She had a very serious bone cancer when she was 16 resulted in replacing her hip and half her thigh bone with a prosthesis. After loads of chemo and surgery she was given the all clear at 18. it then reappeared on her lung a couple of years later and after another load of chemo and major treatment it was cleared, but then within the year 3 more tumours showed up behind her heart. Thru all this she been totally up for the scrap and as been an example to all of us, she is now in the middle of more chemo with two sessions left to go, but the scan results yesterday were very favourable, the two smaller tumours have calcified and the large one which was the size of a lemon is now the size of a pip. She's not out of the woods yet but this is a major lift for her. Just wanted to share it with my fellow bluebirds.

I hope everything will work out for you all, as a father myself you must have been out of your mined with worry as I know I would be. Tell her to kick that out and stay strong god bless.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:12 am

Fantastic news Gwyn, she seems an amazing girl who is an inspiration to us all!!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:33 am

Very, very good news Gwyn. I'm really pleased for your Daughter and all your Family, she really is an inspiration to us all. I am a Cancer survivor myself and her story makes me feel much more positive.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:54 am

Thats great news,all the best for the future.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:01 am

Great news :ayatollah: