Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QPR LAWYERS APPROACH F.A.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:12 pm

QPR's lawyers have written to the FA requesting they instigate an investigation into the alleged source of the article in today's The Sun newspaper (Friday 29th April 2011) and that they issue an immediate statement confirming that the alleged FA source in the article does not represent the views of the FA and that the FA's policy is not to make public comment on the charges or evidence until after the hearing.
The Club shall not be making any further comment on the charges until after the hearing.

http://mobile.qpr.co.uk/runtime/qpr/art ... Id=2349715

Re: QPR LAWYERS APPROACH F.A.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:17 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:QPR's lawyers have written to the FA requesting they instigate an investigation into the alleged source of the article in today's The Sun newspaper (Friday 29th April 2011) and that they issue an immediate statement confirming that the alleged FA source in the article does not represent the views of the FA and that the FA's policy is not to make public comment on the charges or evidence until after the hearing.
The Club shall not be making any further comment on the charges until after the hearing.

Bad PR IMHO. Suggests QPR anticipate a punch up with the FA further down the line.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Positive news imo.

Shows the papers can't print what they like & get away with it. Our legal people will have a field day with all this press before a hearings even taken place should it go to appeal.

Nothing short of a kangaroo court. We surely will have the best legal team money can buy so expect this one to get mighty messy if the Sun think they can f**k us around.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:QPR's lawyers have written to the FA requesting they instigate an investigation into the alleged source of the article in today's The Sun newspaper (Friday 29th April 2011) and that they issue an immediate statement confirming that the alleged FA source in the article does not represent the views of the FA and that the FA's policy is not to make public comment on the charges or evidence until after the hearing.

Stan, they'll get that without a shadow of a doubt. The FA/FL would be pretty daft to do/say otherwise....

Doesn't detract from the FACT that SOME things DO 'get out' one way or the other and there's nothing much anyone can do about it until AFTER the event....

Worst scenario is that the papers get fined and/or offer up a public aplology the size of a posatge stamp in the bottom lefthand corner on page 32 of their rag....

Either way, the damage will be done and the 'issue' has been highlighted in the public domain....OUCH!!

One though, though....IF Bernie and the Gang think Murdoch is 'stirring the pot' then they could always try to engage the help of the Cardiff City hierarchy by offering up VIP seats for the next Malaysian Grand Prix....!!

Hmmm, we've even got the Crown Prince on board now (he was at the game versus QPR) and things are looking up....for us at least!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:31 pm

I thought they were making 'no further comment' LAST time.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Wayne S wrote:I thought they were making 'no further comment' LAST time.

Appalling PR. Smells like an amateur chairman blowing a gasket and yelling directions to a stressed PR assistant.

No release would have been wiser.

Shambolic.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:42 pm

This will certainly give the FA something to think about and could steer there verdict and if needed, punishment into a favourable decision.Great move by our lawyers as it will show them that if there has been any failures on there part we will be onto it & investigating with a fine tooth comb.

Damaging article which shouldn't be ignored by the club.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Terrible PR Stan if you ask me and looks like there may be a few sweaty bollocks down at Loftus Road over all this.

And you know what happens when you get a bad case of sweaty bettys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6YWMlDVJdQ

Tell me Stan is your scrotum stuck to your legs sir :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:This will certainly give the FA something to think about and could steer there verdict and if needed, punishment into a favourable decision.Great move by our lawyers as it will show them that if there has been any failures on there part we will be onto it & investigating with a fine tooth comb.

Damaging article which shouldn't be ignored by the club.

So the FA can be bullied into making a favourable decision for the club. Sorry, justice does not work like that.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:53 pm

As I said previously if a story came to light like this in a high profile murder case it would be thrown out.

You absolutely cannot print a headline saying GUILTY & not expect legal repercussions. This will form part of evidence of corruption within the FA if its proved someone from they're organisation is talking to the press in such a high profile case.

How would we expect to get a fair hearing with bullshit like that printed? Answer-we wouldn't.

Again I think its a good move by our legal people to pounce on this early & show the FA we will not be taken for mugs.

Covering all bases.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Positive news imo.

Shows the papers can't print what they like & get away with it. Our legal people will have a field day with all this press before a hearings even taken place should it go to appeal.

Nothing short of a kangaroo court. We surely will have the best legal team money can buy so expect this one to get mighty messy if the Sun think they can f**k us around.

Read the wording carefully, Stan....the Sun (as much as I hate them for what they did to my union and the unions of my local miners some years ago) have only talked about the potential punishment IF QPR are found guilty

It is, as they say, a simple opinion based on what they understand the charges to be and the WRITTEN RULES on the scope of punishment

Doubt you'll be seeing the News International (the Sun owners) in Court and found guilty of anything connected to this anytime soon....

QPR at the FA/FL hearing is a different matter though....and then the Sun (and every other rag) will have an absolute jungle fest and there will be nowhere to hide IF QPR are found guilty

I have stated previously that I hope it DOESN'T happen and QPR are cleared of ANY wrong-doing, as it will save a lot of hassle, but the portents aren't good are they??

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:As I said previously if a story came to light like this in a high profile murder case it would be thrown out.

You absolutely cannot print a headline saying GUILTY & not expect legal repercussions. This will form part of evidence of corruption within the FA if its proved someone from they're organisation is talking to the press in such a high profile case.

How would we expect to get a fair hearing with bullshit like that printed? Answer-we wouldn't.

Again I think its a good move by our legal people to pounce on this early & show the FA we will not be taken for mugs.

Covering all bases.

Stan you will get a fair hearing because no one in the IRC will care 2 f**ks about what Shaun Custis has written in the Sun.

I just think from a PR point of view the club would have been better off making a statement saying it believed the FA when it said they would be making no comment on this matter and therefore the story has absolutely no substance. I just think it is a mistake to get the blood sucking lawyers on the case.

Just my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:As I said previously if a story came to light like this in a high profile murder case it would be thrown out.

Covering all bases.

You seem to misunderstand the process and appear as desperate as your club's owners and management. Are we to believe that a Sun article will influence the outcome? There is no jury of fools making the decision here.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:05 pm

What do you mean "print what they want and get away with it"? earlier you said the article actually said nothing?
I bet you dont get a penny from the sun

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Oh riiiight Uccello

So a back page article claiming GUILTY hasn't caused a stir no?

QPR are doing the right thing in requesting the FA to make a statement, I see this as a back handed warning to other media organisations to be careful what they write for fear of reprisals.

Castleblue-regardless of whether the IRC take note of Custis's article or not you know as well as I do how this will look IF we have to make an appeal. GUILTY on the back page is a damning headline in my book & no doubt everything is being collected by QPR.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:12 pm

After our Leeds game we were on the back pages of every paper with the words "warzone" I can confirm it wasn't a warzone.

Like you pointed out by claiming its a poor article he says very little and its all If, buts and maybes.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

What do you mean "print what they want and get away with it"? earlier you said the article actually said nothing?

Erm the headline! GUILTY!!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:15 pm

Covering all bases.

But Stan

You seemed happy enpugh when your sources and those of outlets such as the BBC were "understanding" that the outcome would only be a fine.

Presumably this information must have originated from somewhere in the FA.

Isn't that equally wrong?????

Elwood

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:19 pm

No Elwood that was perfectly fine :lol:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:21 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Erm the headline! GUILTY!!

Ignoring Mr Warnock airing his views to every media media outlet who will listen to him! So much for NO COMMENT!

For example:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ction.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... title.html

Quoting the agreed FA release (05 April):

"The FA, QPR and Mr Paladini shall be making no further comment until the charges are resolved."

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Oh riiiight Uccello

QPR are doing the right thing in requesting the FA to make a statement, I see this as a back handed warning to other media organisations to be careful what they write for fear of reprisals.

Castleblue-regardless of whether the IRC take note of Custis's article or not you know as well as I do how this will look IF we have to make an appeal. GUILTY on the back page is a damning headline in my book & no doubt everything is being collected by QPR.

Your way off the mark on this fella, QPR nor the FA can do anything to stop the Sun from printing such a story. You are getting paranoid mate, this sort of journalism has been going on for decades in the tabloids. If your lawyers have really contacted the FA, then they are are acting like a bunch of amateurs, who will end up turning those who are sympathetic to your cause right now, against you. I have worked in PR, for the last 8 years, and believe me this is not good PR.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Stan the point I was trying to make is IF QPR are found guilty by the IRC then it will be because the FA would have demonstrated through it's evidence that the club has breached FA regulations and nothing else.

However I can see where your coming from IF QPR are found guilty and then get a 15 point deduction then I would agree with you that there would be a nasty smell hanging over the whole thing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Stan. love yer feller, your like one of us, fight tooth and nail for the club.

But...

The Sun write "GUILTY" in heeeauge letters, then underneath stress that 'sources' 'believe'
that QPR are likely to be found guilty. They cover their bases mate. The word 'alleged' chucked
in half way through is like a massive get-out clause!

We had it here this year when "Cardiff Thugs Attacked Woman and Child on Train"
... followed by "the alleged assaults"..... trust me, Newspapers are good at this. QPR
have just fallen into a trap, and will have helped increase circulation of that shitty rag

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Leytonstone with all due respect why on earth would we not want to put a stop immediately to slurs with regards to headlines like GUILTY ??

You say our owners are acting like amateurs yet our club is owned by people worth in excess of £25 Billion I'm pretty sure they know how to go about legal issues.

Castleblue I agree with regards to evidence you are right. I'm thinking worse case scenario & that headlines & quotes including 'FA sources say' will come back to bite them on the arse in a court of appeal. Regardless or not if Custis is over egging the pudding the Sun should be advised on what they can print as a back page headline as the word GUILTY plastered all over it is going to cause issues I feel.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:40 pm

castleblue wrote:

Stan the point I was trying to make is IF QPR are found guilty by the IRC then it will be because the FA would have demonstrated through it's evidence that the club has breached FA regulations and nothing else.

However I can see where your coming from IF QPR are found guilty and then get a 15 point deduction then I would agree with you that there would be a nasty smell hanging over the whole thing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Lets be honest Castleblue, that can't possibly happen, as according to you no penalty has been decided until 6th May. The Sun article, anyone can see is speculating on the penalty, it states "upto 15points". It proclaims GUILTY as a headline, and thats not untrue, already Stan has stated that his sources have told him that QPR have admitted to at least one offence, so its all ready public knowledge that QPR are guilty. So if Stan knows that, then maybe the Sun do, so they aren't printing anything thats untrue.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:48 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Leytonstone with all due respect why on earth would we not want to put a stop immediately to slurs with regards to headlines like GUILTY ??

You say our owners are acting like amateurs yet our club is owned by people worth in excess of £25 Billion I'm pretty sure they know how to go about legal issues.

Castleblue I agree with regards to evidence you are right. I'm thinking worse case scenario & that headlines & quotes including 'FA sources say' will come back to bite them on the arse in a court of appeal. Regardless or not if Custis is over egging the pudding the Sun should be advised on what they can print as a back page headline as the word GUILTY plastered all over it is going to cause issues I feel.

Can you silence Mr Warnock saying how being Champions makes it harder for the panel to make a judgement against the Club? Was it no comment for all parties, or does Mr Warnock have a special status?

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Lets be honest Castleblue, that can't possibly happen, as according to you no penalty has been decided until 6th May. The Sun article, anyone can see is speculating on the penalty, it states "upto 15points". It proclaims GUILTY as a headline, and thats not untrue, already Stan has stated that his sources have told him that QPR have admitted to at least one offence, so its all ready public knowledge that QPR are guilty. So if Stan knows that, then maybe the Sun do, so they aren't printing anything thats untrue.

Guilty is an ugly word at the best of time and in football terms it is rarely used as we will all see when the IRC publishes it's findings as in my experience they well say that the charges have been either proven or not proven.

I have been told that QPR have admitted the charge of using an unlicensed agent in relation to this transfer I am quite surprised by this because this is the only charge with a past punishment on record, 10 point deduction for Luton Town, so to admit breaching this regulation is amazing.

Mr Paladini if this is true " You Don't Know What Your Doing" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:54 pm

QPR GUILTY

not us say the London Championship side. Though many sources feel QPR
are likely to be docked anything up to 15 points, the club vehemently deny
any wrongdoing. The alleged breaches far outweigh anything that West Ham
were guilty of a few years back, indeed the law has since tightened and if found
guilty the R's could even face relegation

See!! they could easily run that tomorrow. sucks i know!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Warnock has just said on national radio that maybe the Sun story has something to do with Rupert Murdoch trying to buy F1 and getting knocked back by the mighty midget.

Murdoch is worth a few bob I bet he can afford a bigger better feck off lawyer than Warnock. Could be a big mistake that colin. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

On no he has just said he is very confident QPR will be in the PL next season based on the information he has from QPR barrister.

No comment from the club there then lads. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:59 pm

castleblue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Guilty is an ugly word at the best of time and in football terms it is rarely used as we will all see when the IRC publishes it's findings as in my experience they well say that the charges have been either proven or not proven.

I have been told that QPR have admitted the charge of using an unlicensed agent in relation to this transfer I am quite surprised by this because this is the only charge with a past punishment on record, 10 point deduction for Luton Town, so to admit breaching this regulation is amazing.

Mr Paladini if this is true " You Don't Know What Your Doing" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That is surprising, as even you who seems to have an excellent grasp of QPR's situation believed this to be the one charge that you felt was not going to stick. as you say, if true, then the precedent is there with Luton Town, who got 10 pts for four seperate instances of using an unauthorised agent, I believe?