Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The QPR Debate

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:38 pm

A very hot topic in Wales then.

Would it not be case of going up by default if points were deducted. Rather like Wales and its only qualification for the 1956 World Cup.

It's ironic that a team made up of loan players complains about a possible badly registered player. A team on paper that should be at least ten points clear. A premiership quality striker in Bellamy, An England International in Bothroyd. Arsenal midfield dynamo again brought in on loan to stop a losing streak.

Does any team deserve to go up on default of a technical point nothing related to football performance.

Re: The QPR Debate

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:42 pm

i think going up by not cheating is a wonderful thing

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:43 pm

I WANT TO GO UP ON OUR OWN MERRIT, END OFF :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:46 pm

The Independent wrote:A very hot topic in Wales then.

Would it not be case of going up by default if points were deducted. Rather like Wales and its only qualification for the 1956 World Cup.

It's ironic that a team made up of loan players complains about a possible badly registered player. A team on paper that should be at least ten points clear. A premiership quality striker in Bellamy, An England International in Bothroyd. Arsenal midfield dynamo again brought in on loan to stop a losing streak.

Does any team deserve to go up on default of a technical point nothing related to football performance.

vulture

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:48 pm

We've broken no rules, you have - end of.

Doesn't matter how you word it buddy, Cardiff City have not broken the rules and are not in front of an FA IRC for doing so. If QPR are proven to have broken the rules and someone else decides to take points off them and we benefit by nature of being the team in third place, then just what would you expect us to do, turn down promotion?

valleycasual wrote:i think going up by not cheating is a wonderful thing

Cheating is diving in the penalty area. Cheating is hand ball on the line. Cheating is faking injury to stop the clock or game of play. Football thats how Queen Park Rangers have earnt their points , by winning games on the pitch. Actions off the pitch should not reduce team points and allow another side to go up by default.

Forever Blue wrote:I WANT TO GO UP ON OUR OWN MERRIT, END OFF :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The point is Annis (no pun intended) if QPR do get points deducted it's because they have cheated. Therefore we will have got up on merit and not cheated. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:49 pm

The Independent wrote:

Cheating is diving in the penalty area. Cheating is hand ball on the line. Cheating is faking injury to stop the clock or game of play. Football thats how Queen Park Rangers have earnt their points , by winning games on the pitch. Actions off the pitch should not reduce team points and allow another side to go up by default.

What an idiotic post.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:50 pm

The Independent wrote:

yes it should. I'd class it as corruption.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I WANT TO GO UP ON OUR OWN MERRIT, END OFF :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Totally agree with you there Annis. All I want is 6 points from the next 2 games then we have done what we had to do and what will be will be. I'm still convinced that we will go up this year, I'd like to think we will do it by beating Norwich to 2nd place, I think Coventry getting a new manager this week has done us a favour as players will be out to impress.

:ayatollah:

Ive seen Bellamy dive in the box on the Championship , that's cheating . So do you deserve promotion? You cheated.

The Independent wrote:

With all the shit we have had i would take default as you say even though i would call it cheating. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:52 pm

The Independent wrote:It's ironic that a team made up of loan players complains about a possible badly registered player.

Nothing ironic about it whatsoever. We are above board they as in QPR are possible not.

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
The Independent wrote:

yes it should. I'd class it as corruption.

Exactly. :oops:

The Independent wrote:Ive seen Bellamy dive in the box on the Championship , that's cheating . So do you deserve promotion? You cheated.

Wot an awful come back

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:53 pm

The Independent wrote:

Being pedantic doesn't really change anything. Just for you QPR MAY HAVE broken the RULES and if they have then they pay the price, otherwise why have rules?

Made up of loan players. 5 from 18 not even a third. Players who are bought need to be registered too so I fail to see your point there.

Ramsey was offered to us so get your facts right.

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
The Independent wrote:Ive seen Bellamy dive in the box on the Championship , that's cheating . So do you deserve promotion? You cheated.

Wot an awful come back

Lol, it is a bit pathetic. :D

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:54 pm

f**k Off and take your punishment....ya shower of cheating cunts...hope you enjoy watching us on motd next season :lol:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:54 pm

Yes and was punished by a yellow card as per the rules.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:55 pm

with all due respect our club has neither made a statement or a complaint about anything to do with an unregistered player.
Most of us are hoping that we will get 6 points against norwich getting 4 in the last two games.
If we go up because of qpr getting points deducted that will not be our fault and like all things in a couple of years people would forget how we got there just as people remember virginia wade winning wimbledon but forget all the big stars at the time boycotted the event.
As for our own fans who say they would feel guilty going up by default i bet that guilt would be swept away if the first home fixture in the premiership was one of the big four.
I feel for the qpr fans if the points deduction happens because its always the fans who pay for the incometence of those running the club and god knows we had our fair share of it with a certain mr ridsdale

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:55 pm

Dear me, go to bed son, the charges are far to technical and far to complicated to explain to you, how can you call diving in the box compared to playing a falsely registered player who is owned by a third party, as a lot have said on here, I hope for the sake of the true fans if they are found guilty, if they are found guilty then by right and by law, they should be given the punishment they deserve.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Diving is policed by a referee and dealt with at the time, illegally registering players and then submitting false documentation to hide the original illegality, is dealt with by the FA and is a stupid act, which should be dealt with severely! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:01 pm

The Independent wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant mate, brilliant. Laughed my bollocks off at that. I hope to god that you're representing QPR at the hearing.

Cheating also includes using ineligeble players. Signing them with unregistered agents is rule-breaking. Covering that up with false documentation is fraud. Simple enough for you to understand?

Enjoy the trip to Bury and the Johnsons Paint Trophy next season.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:04 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:

Dear me, go to bed son, the charges are far to technical and far to complicated to explain to you, how can you call diving in the box compared to playing a falsely registered player who is owned by a third party, as a lot have said on here, I hope for the sake of the true fans if they are found guilty, if they are found guilty then by right and by law, they should be given the punishment they deserve.

The punishment if there is to be one should simply follow the Tevez scenario. No point deduction and fined. You can't have a different precedent for each Club . Get over it . Earn your points not rely on other teams to be docked them and go up on default.

To the poster who talks of the Virgina Wade scenario , Virgina won. That's why she's remembered. Hardly likely Cardiff be remembered for that in the Premiership.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:05 pm

I do not know why we are getting so embroiled at this stage, Cardiff City have done nothing wrong, we need 6 points from the next 2 games simple. All this could distract our club .

We are not guilty of anything (other than being a Welsh club), but as a by-product of the QPR charges laid by the F.A , not us ,Cardiff , Norwich, the team who finishes 7th, a team that gets relegated could ALL benefit, there is nothing we can do about it, reading a lot on other message boards, I seem to be getting the impression that all this is Cardiff fault, and we should be telling the F.A that we do not want QPR charged and do not want to OR should benefit IF QPR are found guilty and points deducted, that decision is not ours to make, and must abide by the decision of the independent panel.

Just focus on winning our next two games the rest will take care of itself

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:06 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:Enjoy the trip to Bury and the Johnsons Paint Trophy next season.

:lol:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:06 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
The Independent wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant mate, brilliant. Laughed my bollocks off at that. I hope to god that you're representing QPR at the hearing.

Cheating also includes using ineligeble players. Signing them with unregistered agents is rule-breaking. Covering that up with false documentation is fraud. Simple enough for you to understand?

Enjoy the trip to Bury and the Johnsons Paint Trophy next season.

hope to god that you're representing QPR at the hearing.

^^^^^^^^^^that one liner is fu**ing funny^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE OF THE DECADE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:08 pm

The Independent wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

The punishment if there is to be one should simply follow the Tevez scenario. No point deduction and fined. You can't have a different precedent for each Club . Get over it . Earn your points not rely on other teams to be docked them and go up on default.

To the poster who talks of the Virgina Wade scenario , Virgina won. That's why she's remembered. Hardly likely Cardiff be remembered for that in the Premiership.

Correct me if im wrong but i thought that the rule was brought about because of the tevez sceanario to stop it happenin again as it was mostly unheard of
Last edited by Daniel_PT_blues on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.