Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " YOU WOULD NEVER THINK... "

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:19 am

Stan-QPR wrote:That Cardiff City FC have 2 of the most important games in the clubs history coming up :?:

The board has been absolutely dominated with QPR talk & I've seen very little talk of you're quest for Premiership status.

Are you secretly hanging onto the hope QPR get a points deduction because of you're track record for falling at the final hurdle?

Or do you know in you're heart Norwich taking 2nd spot last week has now resigned you to the play off's so are praying the FA act against QPR?

Serious question & serious answers please. This is not a thread about QPR's case we've had a skin full of that already today.

:ayatollah:

Stan, oh, Stan!! You're just NOT getting the point are you?? QPR are potentially in REALLY SERIOUS trouble and the day of reckoning is getting closer and closer....

MANY statements have been made and MANY pre-empted judgements suggested. Many of these have been posted by you, although you have latterly changed your stance on SOME of the statements made....

You certainly DID say (and maintained for a long time) you 'had a reliable and connected source' who had ASSURED you that there would bo nothing more than a fine and a smack on the wrists....

As time gets closer you have softened your approach a little to "it's only my opinion" which tends to suggest you were originally talking from a position of hope and not the certainty you had portrayed....

As for OUR promotion push I can ASSURE you neither we or Dave Jones and his team have 'given up' on either taking second place from Norwich or, ondeed, catching your QPR boys. A couple of uncharacteristic defeats for you and some entirely possible big wins for us (look at our strike force) could potentially bridge the 13 goal gap that currently exists and OUR boys will try until it is mathematically impossible....

Deep down you KNOW how serious the QPR situation is and you KNOW the potential punishments for a guilty verdict....

It SHOULD and undoubtedly WILL bother you and yours over the next week and rightly so, as it is YOUR fans who will suffer whilst the Chairman and his F1 cronies abandon the sinking ship....IF, of course, the FACTS add up and a guilty verdict is forthcoming

Pehaps if YOU had said less (YOU started several threads yourself) then MUCH of this would NOT have occurred....

We may be Welsh and 150 miles from the centre of the known world (London :lol: ) but we ain't, as they say, the sheep shagging imbiciles that SOME think we are....

Only time will tell for you....but it is starting to look like squeaky bum time at YOUR club!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:28 am

any1 wrote:Stan you must have the biggest spoon in england :lol: :lol: :lol:
c' mon CARDIFF we can do this without wot happens with other clubs {i was gonna put bigger words in but did'nt know how to spell or grammar so did'nt in case people start being picky } :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Trained by Warnock!! :lol:

Hmmm, if it wasn't for the fact that Stan has been seen by others from this site I'd be thinking the 'hand of Daya' was at work here....

Stan, you don't work in the furniture business do you?? :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:37 am

Pehaps if YOU had said less (YOU started several threads yourself) then MUCH of this would NOT have occurred....

Good point Sven, didn't Stan start the following in the last 48 hours...
QPR LAWYERS APPROACH FA, and
RUPERT MURDOCH V QPR

Starting the threads and then criticising replies to the same threads.
A bit hypocritical Stanley.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:27 am

IMO
What hasnt been said in this thread is WE ARE GOING FOR SECOND and if we get that with the points reduction that i feel is inevitable we go up as CHAMPIONS , now that is BIG news for cardiff fans to be talking about,

If usain bolt lost to tyson gay in the olympic final due to gay taking drugs do you think usain wouldnt want gold

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:37 am

Sven and alex I think its you that are actually missing the point.

Of course I've contributed to threads about QPR as my name is getting called to answer questions every 2 mins. And yes if I start threads on QPR that's my business (and very popular threads they are too) but the point is you are focussing so much on us you are totally forgetting you have you're own mission yet to complete. Every single post you make is surrounding the QPR issue 99% of others here have made a comment on it & moved on you seem to be panicking more than I apparently am at the thought of QPR getting off with just a fine.

The point is you have 2 of the biggest games in you're clubs history & you are STILL going on about QPR rather than get involved in the excitement of you're promotion push, bit sad no?

You can patronise all you like plenty can see through you as the pm's I've received prove so carry on and drive yourself nuts about QPR whilst we continue to enjoy our party down in the big smoke :lol:

Have you're rope ready for 6th May when the verdict is read out :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:59 am

To be honest stan,i'm a bit fed up of the coverage its getting.I'm looking forward to getting a result monday and hopefully,pompey doing us a favour.Did you get the pm i sent you yesterday?I thought it might of interested you,being from that area. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:32 am

Spot on Bob. You have the right attitude mate its all about you not us.

Yes mate sorry been in the trenches on here forgot to reply.

It was a great read, & I also done a bit of searching after reading the article & found loads more connected to it. Is that you're old boy yea? It was quality mate & I'd never heard of it before.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:34 am

You would never think this was a Cardiff messageboard with the number of Jacks, Norwich and QPR fans who post on here whinging about what we post on here!!!!! :lol: :lol:

In fairness Stan I enjoy reading your posts more than anyother interlopers, but now I think you are begining to protest too much..... :?:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:44 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Spot on Bob. You have the right attitude mate its all about you not us.

Yes mate sorry been in the trenches on here forgot to reply.

It was a great read, & I also done a bit of searching after reading the article & found loads more connected to it. Is that you're old boy yea? It was quality mate & I'd never heard of it before.

My ol man is the 1st one in the clip i sent you,he's done 2 books on the harald jones killer.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:00 am

Good stuff mate. Very interesting stuff.

Griff when I'm getting called out left right & centre of course I'm going to respond although you used the word protest which isn't actually accurate. I've kept the same stance from day 1 I've been assured we'll only get a fine & my personal opinion is the very same.

I've decided to make this the last post on the subject as its clear people like to select what they write & read. They ask me to comment a thousand times & when I do I'm protesting to much :?

So I will happily sit back & let others decide our fate before the panel has even sat :roll:

Anywayyyyyyyy how you lads gonna get on the next 2 games? I'm going for a win against Boro & a draw at Burnley. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:05 am

Nice deflection BUT our players are up for it , we cant play , score , defend from this MB but we can comment and have our views , we have said already about Borough , Pompey etc etc but QPR and their legal team now realise that the alledged cheating scandle is ver serious , you must take the time if you commit the crime , youve admitted this so we will wait and see and continue to comment just like yur board and legal team are ................

We will get result against borough and i think pompey will want to win their last home game so norwich beware

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:05 am

Stan, Continue to post on here and say what you really believe, I for one really enjoy reading them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:Stan, Continue to post on here and say what you really believe, I for one really enjoy reading them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I thinks its healthy for other fans to come on this mb,bit of banter and see someone elses views.Is it right bernie got a tiny 1 :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:30 am

Its quite exciting all this drama with QPR which could affect our club !!!! love it :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:05 am

boxerbob wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Stan, Continue to post on here and say what you really believe, I for one really enjoy reading them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I thinks its healthy for other fans to come on this mb,bit of banter and see someone elses views.Is it right bernie got a tiny 1 :lol:

Don't believe much you read from Bernie.

This is the same man that is / has footed a £300k a month loss.

Backed Neil Warnock & got him every player he wanted.

Has brought in millions in advertising to the club in a short time, Santander, Gulf Air to name but a few.

Has only this week been in talks with Warnock about budgets, players, strategies etc.

He is no fool. ;)

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:19 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
boxerbob wrote:

Has brought in millions in advertising to the club in a short time, Santander, Gulf Air to name but a few.

Has only this week been in talks with Warnock about budgets, players, strategies etc.

He is no fool. ;)

He was going to replace Warnock wasn't he, but of course that was only if you were going up, he's getting him back onside just in case :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:36 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
boxerbob wrote:

He is no fool. ;)

Morning Stan, What time you off to Vicarage Road mate?

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:36 am

Bluebina wrote:He was going to replace Warnock wasn't he, but of course that was only if you were going up, he's getting him back onside just in case :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not at all. Again you are mis informed. Do you think owners who know business inside out would replace a man who has totally transformed a football club in just 12 months? Hmmmmm

But hey if the Sun said it, it must be true :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:37 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Leaving at 11.30, are you popping over for the party?

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:44 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Leaving at 11.30, are you popping over for the party?

Your too late pal, all the street parties were held yesterday :D The way your lot are going at the moment, it's quite likely that The Hornets could do the double, here's hoping anyway :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:57 am

The real question here which should interest any football fans is has the club which is currently top of the league broken FA regulations relating to the transfer of a player.

Forget who the club is and if you like replace that clubwith any other in the championship including ourselves and then ask yourself if that is a topic worthy of debate because I for one believe it is.

That debate should be all encompassing including what are the likely penalties should the charges be proven and what effect that would have on the league.

Also I believe that if these charges are proven it very much brings into question the merits of the clubs league position, it has already been said in this thread that the club currently top of the league are there on merit and at this moment you cannot argue with that.

But what if the FA prove during the IRC that the club breached FA regulation what level of merit would you then apply to that clubs league position, and before you answer that consider the other 23 clubs in the competition who have not been charged with breaching rules & regulations. In my opinion if these charges are proven it will seriously devalue any claim that the club, whoever that club is, that is currently top of the league ARE THERE ON MERIT.

What makes this messageboard so good is the many and diverse opinions that are expressed freely and that should be the case of this topic for no other reason that its a big story with huge implications for this seasons championship.

As regards we should be concentrating on our next 2 games well I would be amazed if there is a single Cardiff fan who isn't thinking about the next 2 games and with a full range of emotions, but by the same token I would think there are few Cardiff fans who being aware of these charges having thought to themselves I wonder what will happen if those charges are proven.

Next to Manchester Utd winning a place in the CL Final and round 2 of the Barcelona v Real Madrid bun fight this is going to be the biggest story in football next week and maybe beyond.

I hope we can continue to debate like reasonable adults as this story unfolds because I for one think it will be fascinating. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:03 am

If the FA bottle it then I hope we do take second, would be nice going into the final game already in 1st/2nd though :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:47 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
boxerbob wrote:

He is no fool. ;)

I wasn't reading anything into that,somebody started a thread about it n found it funny.You dont need to defend all the time.Now i would have thought,you have chuckled at that comment fella :D :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:31 am

Anywayyyyyyyy how you lads gonna get on the next 2 games? I'm going for a win against Boro & a draw at Burnley. :ayatollah:[/quote]

f**k I FORGOT ABOUT THAT!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Dont stop posting on this subject Stan, I genuinaly find your perspective interesting.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you have been caught with your hand in the till............now sweat a little...... :lol:
you wont get any points deducted by the FA because they have got no balls and dont have the stomach for the fight.
its not the way i would like to go up anyway,as far as im concerned you have won the title fair and square and its up to us and norwich to tough it out for second.
the other thing is the playoffs which are a shambles.we should never have been playing at wembley for a chance to go up last year because in my opinion Nottingham scabby forest were 3rd and its them who should go up automatically.the playoffs are a money making excercise for the FA.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:38 pm

the way i see it (and its been mentioned on here a few times), unless we win both our games, we aint getting automatic. My nerves are shot enough without worrying about QPR aswell. Norwich is the team we are chasing, and unless they drop points, we have to endure another few weeks of stress. Every year we creep closer and closer and you have to think "are we the Liverpool of the Championship?" Always the team to beat, but short on delivery.
Forget QPR, and focus on 'boro and Burnley. Hope that the Canaries slip up, and if Rangers get done... fine. It will be bitter sweet, but the pay check will be worth it.

COME ON CITY!! ONE LAST PUSH!

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:47 pm

Honestly, I feel we desperately need promotion for financial reasons, plus it could really be the making of this club and that means if we go up because of a point deduction then I'll be celebrating in the same fashion any other fan of any other team would if they were in the same position. :roll:

Do I want a QPR point deduction? Right now you bet your arse I do. Is that because I don't have faith in our players to do it? Well as an aethiest I don't hold out much hope in faith anyway. Norwich might lose two, Cardiff might win two. Looking at the fixtures I can't see that being the case but looking at the fixtures I thought we'd beat Crystal Palace, Preston, Barnsley and Ipswich at home (and we probably should've beaten Sheffield Utd too, only in game one I don't think anybody expected them to be so shite) and Ipswich, Middlesbrough, Bristol City and Crystal Palace away. :roll:

I'm not convinced we've put Reading or Swansea to bed yet meaning we're not even guaranteed to go up even if QPR get a large points deduction. So if I am clutching at straws, so be it. I'll take the very last straw in the batch with a big massive grin on my face. :!:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:13 pm

castleblue wrote:Also I believe that if these charges are proven it very much brings into question the merits of the clubs league position, it has already been said in this thread that the club currently top of the league are there on merit and at this moment you cannot argue with that.

But what if the FA prove during the IRC that the club breached FA regulation what level of merit would you then apply to that clubs league position, and before you answer that consider the other 23 clubs in the competition who have not been charged with breaching rules & regulations. In my opinion if these charges are proven it will seriously devalue any claim that the club, whoever that club is, that is currently top of the league ARE THERE ON MERIT.

In 2 paragraph's Castle has summed up why this subject is being talked about so much. Merit is much more than just what happens on the pitch, it also includes how clubs conduct themselves off the pitch.

I also think the Middlesbrough game will be a tough one but very winable. Burnley are now out of the picture all together so the season defining game will probably be the one we are not involved with, Portsmouth vs Norwich.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:56 pm

Bernie upset Rupert thats why the Sun ran the story so .....

Jeff Stelling will get sacked in the morning then.
No way Murdoch will tolerate a Sky employ going against corporate principals by saying 'A commitee cant take this away from them.'

Heads will roll

:lol: :lol: :roll: :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:That Cardiff City FC have 2 of the most important games in the clubs history coming up :?:

The board has been absolutely dominated with QPR talk & I've seen very little talk of you're quest for Premiership status.

Are you secretly hanging onto the hope QPR get a points deduction because of you're track record for falling at the final hurdle?

Or do you know in you're heart Norwich taking 2nd spot last week has now resigned you to the play off's so are praying the FA act against QPR?

Serious question & serious answers please. This is not a thread about QPR's case we've had a skin full of that already today.

:ayatollah:

I'm trying to not comment on it at all if im honest, after the playoff heart break of last season, the missing the playoffs by a goal heart break the year before. I can totally see us f*cking it all up again this season, as it's the Cardiff way (notice: never the easy way either). But we have a great chance too, so im keeping it zipped and seeing what happens.

I said it last May, and I'll say it again now. I'd rather finish 7th and 3rd to 6th. I don't want to go through that again. So I am literally PRAYING we finish second. Otherwise I feel my heart packing it in around mid-may. :lol: