Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"We Are Your Capital - We Get Everything"

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:58 am

All Cardiff based CCFC supporters ignore this, this is going out to the non Cardiff based supporters.

Before you start I'm really not trying to be provocative I'm just looking for sensible answers. (I'm not a WUM, my first post on this site was to congratulate Cardiff on beating Swansea fair and square in February)

But seriously what's it all about? Why do you do it? I'm surronded by CCFC supporters and the attitude of some of them baffles me. Why do you gloat about "having everything" when our town's and communities are rife with unemployment & poverty & it breaks my heart to say this but are some of the poorest areas of Western Europe?

Why does it fill you with pride that all of OUR money is directed at one small corner of our tiny nation whilst we get nothing? The fact is all of Wales with the exception of our capital is poor. Everywhere from Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Swansea, Neath, Port Talbot, Bridgend, RCT & Newport are all in desperate poverty and in desperate need of regeneration.

Re: "We Are Your Capital - We Get Everything"

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:31 am

You have a point, mate....

Time to 'lobby' YOUR Assembly and reminded them where their votes come from....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:24 am

i couldnt give a f**k about the city of cardiff, swansea or pembrokshire. The one thing i care about is the biggest club in wales that is cardiff city.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:13 am

SCFC10 wrote:All Cardiff based CCFC supporters ignore this, this is going out to the non Cardiff based supporters.

Before you start I'm really not trying to be provocative I'm just looking for sensible answers. (I'm not a WUM, my first post on this site was to congratulate Cardiff on beating Swansea fair and square in February)

But seriously what's it all about? Why do you do it? I'm surronded by CCFC supporters and the attitude of some of them baffles me. Why do you gloat about "having everything" when our town's and communities are rife with unemployment & poverty & it breaks my heart to say this but are some of the poorest areas of Western Europe?

Why does it fill you with pride that all of OUR money is directed at one small corner of our tiny nation whilst we get nothing? The fact is all of Wales with the exception of our capital is poor. Everywhere from Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Swansea, Neath, Port Talbot, Bridgend, RCT & Newport are all in desperate poverty and in desperate need of regeneration.

All joking and banter aside, its a fair point mate.

I hate you guys with a passion and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. But poverty is no joke - whichever part of the world your from.

I'm sure the banter and chants are idle football banter. Most people when they stop and think about things logically would agree with you, its all in good fun mate and if anything is helps to bring attention to the matter...

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:11 am

the quality of life is far superior in other parts of the uk(scotland excluded :D ) south and mid wales is and always will be a second class society compared to england

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:42 am

When it comes to the economy, Wales is better united than divided.

Throwing money at poverty, and reinforcing dependency, is not the solution. People want to be able to stand on their own two feet and that means creating the foundations for a vibrant economy. One of these foundations is connectivity with other major economic centres. In this respect, a failure to electrify the rail line to Swansea sends all the wrong signals. Secondly, Westminster has now committed to enhancing rail links between Northern England and London with genuine high speed rail (over 200 mph) when there are already superior services connecting Leeds (c. 2h 20m) and Manchester (c. 2h) for example.

At the same time, the Government have quietly sidelined plans for genuine high speed rail for South Wales and the South West. All of this against a backdrop of First Great Western returning over £1.3bn to Central Government under their current franchise to operate rail services - money which one assumes is being redirected to pay for HS2, Crossrail, Thameslink upgrade and other pet English projects etc. The Great Western Rail line is rumoured to be the most profitable rail line in the UK. Looking at the old trains operating with journey times inferior to the 1970s, it is hard to understand why Welsh people continue accept this pathetic and unjust post-privatisation outcome.

Other strategic investments which would have benefitted all of South Wales, but have been binned by Westminster include:
- Severnside Airport: a truly regional airport which would have replaced the need for both Cardiff Airport and Bristol Airport, and which would have also dragged traffic away from Heathrow and other London airports.
- Severn Barrage which would have generated electricity output equivalent to the needs of Wales (i.e. 5% of UK)

If you want a better economic future for Swansea, these are the sort of strategic public investments you should unite with Cardiff, Newport and other South Wales people in fighting for.

Shiny new office projects are meaningless without tenants!

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:53 am

I may be wrong but i dont think its any thing to do with poverty, I've always thought that the " we are your capitol, we get
Every thing" saying was about footballing stuff ie decisions from the welsh fa going
Our way and the like and your lot moaning about it. Not that I've ever said it.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:09 am

There's no povety in Swansea! They get out if paying council tax by living in caravans and have you sen how much pegs sellfor these days???

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:57 am

I'm from Merthyr, and I sing it. At the end of the day it's all in the name of harmless banter.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:23 am

The Greater Bargoed regeneration scheme was put back several years because the money put aside for it was re diverted to Cardiff Bay as I understood. That is wrong so much money used for the Bay. Will it reap the money in later years we will find out one day.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:49 am

SCFC10 wrote:All Cardiff based CCFC supporters ignore this, this is going out to the non Cardiff based supporters.

In all fairness mate Cardiff and the surrounding areas amount to about 1m people, thats a 3rd of the population of the country. Swansea has about 250,000, newport about 160,000, Torfaen (where I am from) about 100,000 so of course thats where all the money is going to go.

I think you will also be surprised by the amount of companies that are now starting up in areas like Pembroke and Swansea because of the lower overhead costs. Now some people in Wales moan that all the jobs are in the south, under pressure the assembly has moved some departments to North Wales. Do you know what happens then? Because of the shortage of skilled labour in North Wales they have to advertise these jobs in Liverpool and Manchester so the jobs end up going to those over the boarder!! Wouldnt it have been better just to have kept the jobs in Wales for people living in Wales? I think so and I am not even from Cardiff.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:27 am

its just banter at the end of the day
theres a huge following of our club from surrounding areas including areas of 'poverty' and areas that receive very little in funding.
'we are your capital' - thats just stating the obvious and it is funny :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

what about SA2? or whatever it is

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:01 am

I'm not aware of any gloating. It's people in Swansea who continually moan about Cardiff getting everything. Perhaps some people then respond to that but it's not us starting the gloating it's just a response to the constant moaning by people in Swansea.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:29 pm

You can say the same about areas Cardiff fans come from though (the valleys etc).

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:06 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:You can say the same about areas Cardiff fans come from though (the valleys etc).

Maybe it's a recruitment drive. Maybe he wants fans to swap their allegiances. :shock:

Maybe only people from Cardiff bay should support Cardiff and everyone else from the Valleys, Cardiff housing estates etc, should all jump ship and support their fellow slummers. :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:00 pm

people from swansea have an inferiority complex,came out of caerphilly mcdonalds the other day and a five year old with a swansea city top c alled me a cardiff c**t despite me only having a cardiff blues hoodie on,how bitter must you be to teach your kid to say that

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:37 pm

if you dont like it change it.Companies go where the money is the money is where people are so there obviously going to go to the bigger cities.I dont mean you lot go on a mad breeding scheme but instead of moaning go and improve your area.And no-way is cardiff the only place in wales where theres no poverty my area aint top class and anywhere you go you'll always have area not so good.i.e London the centre is okay go out of the tourist area and where you at some little back street with a drug dealer and another kid with a knife

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Totally agree with the original post. I am from Cardiff brought up in the docks area, now the bay, where all the alleged money went, we have just as much poverty here as anywhere else in Wales, and in other pockets of Cardiff

I never see any national campaigns being organised in Swansea by the Unions or the Welsh TUC about poverty in South West Wales, maybe that where you should aim your vitriol at, and do something about it as a Welshman with my little pick and shovel I'll be there.

How much have the Ospreys spent that could have been put into the community

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:35 pm

We should tell England to f**k off, go it alone and turn Wales into the biggest offshore tax haven in the world. Billions of pounds worth of business would flood in simply because we are ironically English speaking and have shown a track record of standing up for ourselves.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:38 pm

Even back in Dylan Thomas's day the 6 fingered inbreds showed their envy "How green is our valley".

Vermin and its simple, we just dont like you. And when you state you are not trying to provoke baffles me as to why you would want to post in the first place.

Spell check is good

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:09 pm

jack if you think cardiff get everthing your very deluded poverty in cardiff is much the same in most other parts of wales jobs are few and far between all over south wales the 7 bridge toll is a massive tax on us welsh you go over that bridge and have a look at bristol; avonmouth theres work all around this side of the bridge is shit :roll: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:50 pm

If wales became inderpendant I think the whole of wales would improve IMO. Tempted to bea Plaid supporter :lol: