Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARDS

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:13 am

Im way to pissed to do a report now but made noted of all the awards and will post tomorrow.

can say the fans showed decency in not approaching the players before or while they ate but sadly a lot of them after food moved a lot faster than they have all season? (players now I mean)
I will mention who stayed and who didnt tom.....

Annis why no AAMB awards? CCMB had one?

Still a great night had by all but so tonned down from previous years it kinds felt depressing

Re: PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARDS

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:32 am

2blue2handle wrote:Im way to pissed to do a report now but made noted of all the awards and will post tomorrow.

can say the fans showed decency in not approaching the players before or while they ate but sadly a lot of them after food moved a lot faster than they have all season? (players now I mean)

Still a great night had by all but so tonned down from previous years it kinds felt depressing

Keinan stayed and McNaughton.
Not sure about any others, all attended except Koumas, but you are right, most of the 'NAME' players pissed off very soon after the awards were given out - which was a bit sad really.

Fair to say Mcnaughton got the most applause of anyone.

Player of the Year... Super Kev, closely followed by Mark Hudson

LAST YEARS player of the year -WHittingham

Moment of the season - Bellamy's goal vs Donny

Goal of the season - Bellamy

Burke got an award - I think for most MOM's, but I'm not sure as I was worried about the flash photography giving him sunstroke.

Heaton got young player of the year.

Dai Hunt was a pain in the arse to the players.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:43 am

2blue2handle wrote:Im way to pissed to do a report now but made noted of all the awards and will post tomorrow.

Luke
Vince offered us to, but I was not coming back from Majorca till yesterday and Carl went to the Royal Wedding :lol: :ayatollah: I did not know if anyone was going from this forum.
I see by your comments the players could not wait to get away from Our Fans Hmm. :roll:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:47 am

I thought Jay may have got that at the last mo with the super goal he put away, He did twitter and say it would be difficult to split . He also said he didnt know what tie to wear.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:50 am

Quote: "Dai Hunt was a pain in the arse to the players"

Sounds like that's why the players left early. :roll:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:03 am

with there being a massive game on monday i`m glad the players went early! ... 3pts on monday are far more important than some plastic trophy!

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:42 am

AHERNE wrote:with there being a massive game on monday i`m glad the players went early! ... 3pts on monday are far more important than some plastic trophy!

I though similar until the 'tweets' started appearing that some were in nighclubs at 2AM :?

Wouldn't have hurt for them to wander around the tables meeting the people who pay their wages and seeing how much it means to them.

Most there would have spent over £1000 a year following this team - maybe 5-10% of the take home wages for many. Yet for our big time charlies it was too much to even hang around for an hour to say 'thanks'.

By the way, this is not for me -I really couldn't give a monkeys and prefer my mates company. But I'm sure a lot of the fans there would have liked to have had a chat to some of them.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:03 am

Heaton was a top bloke, was last to leave,along with McNaughton, Keinan and Gypes.
Mcphail and Burke very nice blokes
TG seems to be loving it, and must say DJ was in a very good mood.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:39 am

It's the clowns like Dai Hunt that spoil occasions like that for everyone ( the players and the rest of the fans). There were undoubtedly other fans there who after a few too many pints were also going to be a pain in the arse and if I was a player I wouldn't be able to get away quick enough from the likes of Dai Hunt and other clowns like him. So don't blame the players really. It's disappointing for the rest of the fans but if only the arseholes would learn how to behave themselves then perhaps things would be different. In previous years we didn't have problems with players leaving so early but now we are getting bigger crowds we have a bigger proportion of right clowns and probably a few more of them are now attending these do's.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:48 am

Citysince1964 wrote:It's the clowns like Dai Hunt that spoil occasions like that for everyone ( the players and the rest of the fans). There were undoubtedly other fans there who after a few too many pints were also going to be a pain in the arse and if I was a player I wouldn't be able to get away quick enough from the likes of Dai Hunt and other clowns like him. So don't blame the players really. It's disappointing for the rest of the fans but if only the arseholes would learn how to behave themselves then perhaps things would be different. In previous years we didn't have problems with players leaving so early but now we are getting bigger crowds we have a bigger proportion of right clowns and probably a few more of them are now attending these do's.

how did dai hunt dress? did he have that hat and scarf on or did he dress up? :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:51 am

Wasnt there supposed to be a most improved player award?

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:04 pm

chinnick wrote:Wasnt there supposed to be a most improved player award?

They decided against that one, because it basically meant that whoever won was shit in the previous season! :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Claire wrote:

They decided against that one, because it basically meant that whoever won was shit in the previous season! :lol: :lol:

haha yeah that had crossed my mind :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:08 pm

Claire wrote:

STEP FORWARD MARK HUDSON :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:10 pm

AHERNE wrote:
Claire wrote:

STEP FORWARD MARK HUDSON :lol:

Exactly!! :lol: :lol:

"Congratulations Mark, You were really shit last season, and you've surprised most of us this year, so well done!"

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:50 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Not sure about any others, all attended except Koumas, but you are right, most of the 'NAME' players pissed off very soon after the awards were given out - which was a bit sad really.

Burke got an award - I think for most MOM's, but I'm not sure as I was worried about the flash photography giving him sunstroke.

Dai Hunt was a pain in the arse to some of the audience as well :D

He did make me laugh outside the main entrance just before the start. He was randomly walking up to groups of young lads and telling them that if any of them wanted to talk to the players , Dai would arrange it all for them. :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:05 pm

since62 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Dai Hunt was a pain in the arse to some of the audience as well :D

He did make me laugh outside the main entrance just before the start. He was randomly walking up to groups of young lads and telling them that if any of them wanted to talk to the players , Dai would arrange it all for them. :lol:

:lol: :lol: