Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

On the pitch on Monday?

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:51 am

We'll be in quite a funny situation again on Monday, which will be very reminiscent of our last game at Ninian Park two years ago.

In that game, against Ipswich, we were strongly advised not to go on the pitch, because it was expected we would make the play-offs, and they didn't want the pitch damaged. Of course, this turned out not to be the case, and many people were left pretty upset at the way this meant the club did not allow fans on the pitch after the last ever game at Ninian Park.

Once again, win, lose or draw against Middlesbrough, unless we overtake Norwich (which personally I am optimistic that we will do), or if we take QPR's place due to a points deduction (I think Steve Claridge's view that it will just be a fine is the most likely), we will find ourselves in the play-offs again, and with at least one more game to play at the new stadium.

So once again, the club will be discouraging us to go on the pitch, in spite of the fact the Middlesbrough might well turn out to be our last home game of the season! I'm sure if we do go up automatically, the club will arrange a post-season get-together like they did 2 seasons ago, but is this the same?

I'm from the point of view that it is a given that, after the last game of the season, everyone goes on the pitch. But I suppose I can understand the club's dilemma. I wonder what people think about this?

Re: On the pitch on Monday?

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:05 am

We wont be promoted on Monday. If you want to get on the pitch then learn to play football better

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:21 am

Steve Van Halen wrote:We wont be promoted on Monday. If you want to get on the pitch then learn to play football better

^ :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:01 am

Never understood the need to run on the pitch, just makes people look wankers

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:40 am

I doubt if you were part of the crowd cheering the promotion winning sides at the end of the season back in late 90s, early 00s then, or even the crowds that cheered the sides at the end of the season, regardless of position in the league.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:50 am

nickblue22 wrote:

I doubt if you were part of the crowd cheering the promotion winning sides at the end of the season back in late 90s, early 00s then, or even the crowds that cheered the sides at the end of the season, regardless of position in the league.

You can cheer the team from the stand :idea: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:59 am

nickblue22 wrote:

as it happens yes i was, but if you hadnt noticed, not everyone ran onto the pitch

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:59 pm

On the pitch, on the pitch, on the pitch.

In Burnley!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: