Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I WILL SAY IT ONLY ONCE "

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:33 pm

" I WILL SAY IT ONLY ONCE "
THIS FORUM WELCOMES ALL FANS FROM EVERY CLUB, ITS GREAT TO HAVE BANTER and DIFFERENT OPINIONS.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, THEN FIND ANOTHER FORUM .

Re: " I WILL SAY IT ONLY ONCE "

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:37 pm

Agree, as long as they don't come just to wind us up :D :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:37 pm

:ayatollah: :blob7: :blob7: :3some: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:44 pm

griffy wrote:Agree, as long as they don't come just to wind us up :D :ayatollah:

I Agree with you on that, but certain posters have started a witch hunt against Stan QPR, WELL OUT OF ORDER as FAR AS I am Concerned.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:45 pm

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:52 pm

Idont think its a witch hunt, i think most posters on here respect stan but he his fighting his corner which you would expect and cardiff fans want whats best for us, so theres bound to be different opinions on the subject i think enough crap has been posted from both sides just leave it be until the decision is made and talk about our ownteam for a change :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:56 pm

evans above wrote:Idont think its a witch hunt, i think most posters on here respect stan but he his fighting his corner which you would expect and cardiff fans want whats best for us, so theres bound to be different opinions on the subject i think enough crap has been posted from both sides just leave it be until the decision is made and talk about our ownteam for a change :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:04 pm

There is nothing wrong with getting a view from a fan from another club, who is as passionate about his club as we are with ours.

What is first class with this site is there is no place for snipping.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:08 pm

BlueView wrote:There is nothing wrong with getting a view from a fan from another club, who is as passionate about his club as we are with ours.

Thankyou and long may it continue :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
griffy wrote:Agree, as long as they don't come just to wind us up :D :ayatollah:

I Agree with you on that, but certain posters have started a witch hunt against Stan QPR, WELL OUT OF ORDER as FAR AS I am Concerned.

Absolutely. Rather the likes of Stan than those.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:14 pm

BlueView wrote:There is nothing wrong with getting a view from a fan from another club, who is as passionate about his club as we are with ours.

Don't remind me, I had the snip 25 years ago still cringe about it. :( ;) :old:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I thought stan was an ok guy to be honest , and as for winding people up ,well dont we do it to others ?
some are experts at it :)

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

i think you will find stan/qpr isnt innocent though. he snipes and digs aswell its obvious people will bite
i have nothing against him although i hate qpr :D

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" I WILL SAY IT ONLY ONCE "
THIS FORUM WELCOMES ALL FANS FROM EVERY CLUB, ITS GREAT TO HAVE BANTER and DIFFERENT OPINIONS.

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, THEN FIND ANOTHER FORUM .

GREAT SHOUT ANNIS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:55 pm

stans ok he can look after himself he only makes comments on what he wants to good on him i tried to get him to answer a certian question yesterday but he was never going to answer it fair dos to him and we never once fell out or abused each other come back soon stan you will be missed

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:13 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
i think you will find stan/qpr isnt innocent though. he snipes and digs aswell its obvious people will bite
i have nothing against him although i hate qpr :D

Unfortunately you do have a point there. He does make some broad personal comments which we can all do without for example “we are embarrassing ourselves for posting links to the FA Regulations”

Whilst that doesn’t seem too bad it is actually an attempt to control the debate because without the FA Regulations how can we check if he is correct or not?

He also has an annoying habit of responding only to those he can score points off and praising anyone who agrees with him, whilst ignoring those who have made good posts opposing his view like Merlin, Castle and Nerd etc.

I will defend to the earth his right to make his views known and to defend his club QPR, but I will strongly object to his ways which try to limit or undermine the different viewpoint from our members and I think that’s why there is a growing frustration with StanQPR.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:34 pm

I'm married.

I'm used to such an approach.

Stan started as a bit of a dick, but imo has become a decent poster here. Sure, he's biased in the whole QPR issue and seemingly wanting to ignore certain things, but that's his perogrative. He's not abusive, seems a decent enough guy.

My problem was a certain thread seemingly aimed at driving him out from here. That's what I've experienced on other boards, one in particular, those who have been abusive need to take a good long look at themselves and ask if that's what this board is about. It's not, there are other boards.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:59 pm

nerd wrote:I'm married.

Stan started as a bit of a dick, but imo has become a decent poster here. Sure, he's biased in the whole QPR issue and seemingly wanting to ignore certain things, but that's his perogrative. He's not abusive, seems a decent enough guy.

My problem was a certain thread seemingly aimed at driving him out from here. That's what I've experienced on other boards, one in particular, those who have been abusive need to take a good long look at themselves and ask if that's what this board is about. It's not, there are other boards.

I won't argue he is a decent poster, but my biggest gripe is his comments about us being an embarrassment because someone had the audacity to look up the FA Regulations in order to back up their opinion. That is just one of the slightly belittling comments he drops in, along with the 'you should be worrying about your next 2 games' i.e. Don't talk about QPR and the fact they might have cheated.

I certainly though agree with gang mentality and I would have nothing to do with that, however, when someone does drop a bollock they can help themselves by acknowledging it, rather than pretending it either didn't happen or they are right no matter what.

Basically there is fault on both sides, but it is Stan who really needs to understand that first.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:01 pm

To an extent though, he's right - we need to worry about our games. We need to finish second, make any decision irrelevant.

Putting yourself in his shoes, you can see a number of people are almost rubbing their hands over the prospect of a big points deduction. And if people didn't want to ignore the inconvenient, well, it's the internet.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:02 pm

GOOD POST Nerd :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:03 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I won't argue he is a decent poster, but my biggest gripe is his comments about us being an embarrassment because someone had the audacity to look up the FA Regulations in order to back up their opinion. That is just one of the slightly belittling comments he drops in, along with the 'you should be worrying about your next 2 games' i.e. Don't talk about QPR and the fact they might have cheated.

I certainly though agree with gang mentality and I would have nothing to do with that, however, when someone does drop a bollock they can help themselves by acknowledging it, rather than pretending it either didn't happen or they are right no matter what.

Basically there is fault on both sides, but it is Stan who really needs to understand that first.

Tony, but do you agree, we need posters like Stan from other Clubs on here, yesterdays posts some were saying this is a Cardiff city forum just for us Hmm, I think not.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tony, but do you agree, we need posters like Stan from other Clubs on here, yesterdays posts some were saying this is a Cardiff city forum just for us Hmm, I think not.

I have never said we shouldn't have posters from other clubs and they are an asset if they come with the right attitude. I don't deny Stan the chance to defend his club on here, but what I do object to is when AAMB posters offer a different perspective (backed up with evidence) they get called embarrassing (and worse) on their own board.

Stan has really pushed the boundaries as the debate has raged over the past couple of days mainly due to his club being in the shit through their own doing not ours, but he has amazingly made himself and QPR seem like the victims and us the perpetrators.

That kind of behaviour is no good to anyone and those who work hard to supply information for the debates will simply get pissed off and not bother again.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:43 pm

nobber wrote:

Don't remind me, I had the snip 25 years ago still cringe about it. :( ;) :old:

:lol: :lol: And people wonder why some people point out spelling. Hell of a typo :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:45 pm

COME ON YOU IRONS !!!

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:48 pm

HELLO HELLO

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Tony, but do you agree, we need posters like Stan from other Clubs on here, yesterdays posts some were saying this is a Cardiff city forum just for us Hmm, I think not.

I have never said we shouldn't have posters from other clubs and they are an asset if they come with the right attitude. I don't deny Stan the chance to defend his club on here, but what I do object to is when AAMB posters offer a different perspective (backed up with evidence) they get called embarrassing (and worse) on their own board.

Stan has really pushed the boundaries as the debate has raged over the past couple of days mainly due to his club being in the shit through their own doing not ours, but he has amazingly made himself and QPR seem like the victims and us the perpetrators.

That kind of behaviour is no good to anyone and those who work hard to supply information for the debates will simply get pissed off and not bother again.

I'm with Tony on this :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:51 pm

bit of banter is fine, but recently on this board it's all been about qpr, give it a break and focus on us. CMON CITY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:32 pm

personally i think stan is a legend.Damn decent poster,comes across a nice guy,and can take a fair pasting as far as banter is concerned but still remains as dignified as you could expect.Well done Stan always welcome as far as im concerned. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 10:45 am

Midfield general wrote:Unfortunately Annis it hasn't been Stan who's been on the receiving end of 'certain' comments by some posters recently. This forum was set-up because we were all fed-up with snipping on the CCMB yet those people seem to have just tarnsfered over because this forum seems to be so much better.

Adam,

This week I will book reading everyones post with a lot of interest.

Sun May 01, 2011 10:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Unfortunately Annis it hasn't been Stan who's been on the receiving end of 'certain' comments by some posters recently. This forum was set-up because we were all fed-up with snipping on the CCMB yet those people seem to have just tarnsfered over because this forum seems to be so much better.

Adam,

This week I will book reading everyones post with a lot of interest.

Tbh Adam as this forum grows this problem will become more transparent. Unless you have a 24/7 moderating team the problem will always be around. All that can happen under the circumstances is to keep the problem as small as possible.