Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QPR Championship trophy Presentation

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Does anyone know if the presentation was given today ??

Also if not was it held back by the FA ??

Surely trophies are normally given once won ??

We now know that QPR at most willbe 8 points ahead on Friday when the punishment is given, thats if the impossible happens to us and / or norwich .

15 point reduction and we are both up ?

Squeaky bum time but where will that trophy be NEXT weekend ?????

Re: QPR Championship trophy Presentation

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:43 pm

As they have an home game to finish with, I think it would be normal to present them with the Trophy at that game.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:02 pm

i thought the trophy was brought to cardiff last week,to be presented after the game if they took the 3 points.please correct me if i am wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:04 pm

if norwich and us lose both games and qpr docked 15 points and swansea win there last game wouldnt that put norwich and the jack bast,rds up

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:05 pm

lostcityboy wrote:i thought the trophy was brought to cardiff last week,to be presented after the game if they took the 3 points.please correct me if i am wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

TBH I have no idea if that's true.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:08 pm

i think the jacks are only 2 points behind us after winning today

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:24 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
lostcityboy wrote:i thought the trophy was brought to cardiff last week,to be presented after the game if they took the 3 points.please correct me if i am wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

TBH I have no idea if that's true.

yes it was

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:23 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:i think the jacks are only 2 points behind us after winning today

yes they are only 2 points behind but we are on 80 points now,they are on 78.The best they can do is 80 points.And we have 2 more games yet with a potential 6 points.So unless your the biggest pessimist in the world,i wouldn't worry TOO much my friend. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:27 pm

They said on Football Focus before the game last week that the trophy was just a prop and wasn't the actual Trophy. It's still in Newcastle.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:54 pm

shows the pressure put on clubs who play later in the day or the next day knowing your rivals have won, has they say ,points in the bag better than games in hand ,shows what prresure norwich will be under if we win mondy, c'mon city