CONGRATULATIONS TO QPR

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:52 pm

Have to give them some credit

Re: CONGRATULATIONS TO QPR

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:53 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:57 pm

Obviously the best team in the division.

But their fans must learn to put their own national flag the right way up when writing on it and displaying it on national telly. Sorry about this but it has been a bug bear of mine since I was a kid and flags were a hobby. What a geeky dipshit. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:02 pm

Wayne S wrote:Obviously the best team in the division.

But their fans must learn to put their own national flag the right way up when writing on it and displaying it on national telly. Sorry about this but it has been a bug bear of mine since I was a kid and flags were a hobby. What a geeky dipshit. :D

Isn't holding the Union Flag upside down unlucky, because I f**king hope so ;)

Being serious on the pitch they have the best side, on the sidelines they have the best manager and their fans are top rate to but as for the rest of um who run the place, a very big :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Our national flag? Obviously you are not geeky enough, as this is the national flag of Great Britain, which includes Wales! So it is also your national flag!

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:21 pm

I dont see anything Welsh about it.

Sun May 01, 2011 9:50 am

The monarchy doesnt see Wales as a seperate nation, instead a principality....hence why we are not included onto the British Flag. Dont be fooled and think the red represents us, cos it doesn't....Its just a Scottish and English (N.I virtually the same) flag combined. How thats makes me feel when we fight wars side by side 'for god & country' is a different subject all together. :evil: :evil:

Sun May 01, 2011 10:24 am

baseboy007 wrote:The monarchy doesnt see Wales as a seperate nation, instead a principality....hence why we are not included onto the British Flag. Dont be fooled and think the red represents us, cos it doesn't....Its just a Scottish and English (N.I virtually the same) flag combined. How thats makes me feel when we fight wars side by side 'for god & country' is a different subject all together. :evil: :evil:

You've upset our Loyalist's on here now.

Sun May 01, 2011 10:44 am

DWQPR wrote:

Our national flag? Obviously you are not geeky enough, as this is the national flag of Great Britain, which includes Wales! So it is also your national flag!

Just because he put "their own" doesn't mean he isn't including it as 'his own', just that he's picking out that 'those' individuals have hung it the wrong way up. :roll:

Sun May 01, 2011 10:45 am

You're calling someone A geek and as a kid your hobby was flags! :?

Sun May 01, 2011 11:29 am

baseboy007 wrote:The monarchy doesnt see Wales as a seperate nation, instead a principality....hence why we are not included onto the British Flag. Dont be fooled and think the red represents us, cos it doesn't....Its just a Scottish and English (N.I virtually the same) flag combined. How thats makes me feel when we fight wars side by side 'for god & country' is a different subject all together. :evil: :evil:

the union flag has 3 seperate falgs represented on it :

the Cross of St George (England red and white - we all know what this looks like and you can clearly see it on the union flag)
St Andrew Cross (Scotland blue and white - we all know what this looks like too and can also be clearly seen)
St Patrick cross - (the flag of the Loyalists in the 6 counties of Ulster - this is the smaller red cross going across diagonally)

And that's it - not even a tokenistic attempt at adding a Welsh dimension to it.

Technically, as we're British, it is OUR political flag as Welsh people, but that's something that may be foisted upon me, but not something that I care to accept and support - until Wales becomes independent, then it is a factual reality, but surely if we live in a democracy, people are free to say that they oppose the imposition - as others do - such as the Basque seperatists in Spain who do not accept as their flag the Spanish flag.

For me, I see myself as Welsh and Celtic, but not British - although I accept that the political position we are faced with is that we are part of Great Britain. That means that I would always support Scotland and the Republic of Ireland against England - others are free to do the opposite. If there was ever a UK football team, I would support the Republic of Ireland against that team!

I think its a perfectly reasonable approach to take to say that you accept the fact of the political union of the UK at present but that you personally do not support it, and as such do not accept either the British anthem or Flag as your personal anthem and flag.

Sun May 01, 2011 11:38 am

Die Walkure wrote:

the union flag has 3 seperate falgs represented on it :

the Cross of St George (England red and white - we all know what this looks like and you can clearly see it on the union flag)
St Andrew Cross (Scotland blue and white - we all know what this looks like too and can also be clearly seen)
St Patrick cross - (the flag of the Loyalists in the 6 counties of Ulster - this is the smaller red cross going across diagonally)

And that's it - not even a tokenistic attempt at adding a Welsh dimension to it.

Technically, as we're British, it is OUR political flag as Welsh people, but that's something that may be foisted upon me, but not something that I care to accept and support - until Wales becomes independent, then it is a factual reality, but surely if we live in a democracy, people are free to say that they oppose the imposition - as others do - such as the Basque seperatists in Spain who do not accept as their flag the Spanish flag.

For me, I see myself as Welsh and Celtic, but not British - although I accept that the political position we are faced with is that we are part of Great Britain. That means that I would always support Scotland and the Republic of Ireland against England - others are free to do the opposite. If there was ever a UK football team, I would support the Republic of Ireland against that team!

I think its a perfectly reasonable approach to take to say that you accept the fact of the political union of the UK at present but that you personally do not support it, and as such do not accept either the British anthem or Flag as your personal anthem and flag.

spot on there mate!!

Sun May 01, 2011 1:09 pm

OOOOOOWWWWW Now that will up set the part time Welshmen on here, :lol:

Sun May 01, 2011 1:23 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:

I hate how you seem to have a go at your percieved 'part time' Welshmen i completely agree with baseboys statement and why Wales is not represented on the Union Jack but it does not make me any less proud to be Welsh or any less proud to be British.

Sun May 01, 2011 1:29 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:

haha. I don't mean to stir anything up...I just like to help people who don't understand fully, to do so. As has been said, I also don't look at the British flag as a sense of pride or a representation of what I am , I see it as a flag to represent a political kingdom not a united one. I try to steer away from politics but we are JUST a vote in the eyes of London. That is of course MY opinion only. If the monarchy etc wont embrace us, I wont embrace them. WHY SHOULD I??