Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Does anyone actually blame Ledley...

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:02 pm

For leaving to go to Celtic. Regardless of the way he left us with no transfer fee etc I for one do not blame him for moving up to Scotland. After watching him play in numerous old firm and Cup semis and finals, along with chalenging for a title and the possibility of playing in the Champions League next season, i do not feel bitter but instead feel proud as a welshman seeing one of our own succeeding on such a big stage.
I mean who can blame him, after playing 250 games for the city and losing in the play off final it looked as if we were going to be relegation candidates, he also wasn't being given the deserved pay of someone who had served the club like he had so to go to a big club like Celtic was in my opinion a great move. Obviously i was dissapointed with such a player leaving, but if Cardiff City Football Club are ever to cross paths with Joe Ledley again i will not Boo or shun i will clap and welcome him back to the club with open arms.

:ayatollah:

Re: Does anyone actually blame Ledley...

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:07 pm

I don't blame him at all. He had a contract with CCFC and honoured every minute of it and once he became a free agent he could do whatever was best for him.

I have never wished anything but the best for him.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:46 pm

it would have been nice for him to stay at the club especially being a local lad, he has done some very good things for the club and i wouldn't boo him at all. who ever would boo him needs a reality check. i'd welcome back with open arms, love welsh players at the club especially someone from cardiff. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:54 pm

do not blame him one bit, always gave of his best while he was here.

Wonder what he meant when he said "would love to play again for the city, but it would depend on who was in charge"

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:59 pm

I would have done it for the money too - he is set up for life now and is still young enough to play in the premiership should clubs want him after his Celtic time. An injury can wreck your career in football, so why not take the money - I would. :oops: :oops:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:03 pm

bluebirdcal wrote:For leaving to go to Celtic. Regardless of the way he left us with no transfer fee etc I for one do not blame him for moving up to Scotland. After watching him play in numerous old firm and Cup semis and finals, along with chalenging for a title and the possibility of playing in the Champions League next season, i do not feel bitter but instead feel proud as a welshman seeing one of our own succeeding on such a big stage.
I mean who can blame him, after playing 250 games for the city and losing in the play off final it looked as if we were going to be relegation candidates, he also wasn't being given the deserved pay of someone who had served the club like he had so to go to a big club like Celtic was in my opinion a great move. Obviously i was dissapointed with such a player leaving, but if Cardiff City Football Club are ever to cross paths with Joe Ledley again i will not Boo or shun i will clap and welcome him back to the club with open arms.

:ayatollah:

do you not agree that, as committed as he was, i think that we could get more talented players in now especially if we go up?

as ive said on another topic, i personally dont think hes good enough for the English Prem but thats just my opinion ofcourse

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:08 pm

As i said on the other topic i dont blame him going, ridsdale didnt offer him enough and he got offered champions league football and double his wages to something like £28,000 a wee for celtic, he would be crazy to say no, he was doing what he believed was the right thing for his family and the last 4 months he has been seriously on form for them!!

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:14 pm

brewer918 wrote:As i said on the other topic i dont blame him going, ridsdale didnt offer him enough and he got offered champions league football and double his wages to something like £28,000 a wee for celtic, he would be crazy to say no, he was doing what he believed was the right thing for his family and the last 4 months he has been seriously on form for them!!

to be fair, with the standard of player in the SPL these days, Lee Naylor could probably be made to look like Gareth Bale

i just dont see Ledley as a Premier League player, personally, not because of sour grapes for him leaving, i just genuinely dont rate him that highly

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:16 pm

joe or oly, which one would you have,joe was badley advised by a very greedy agent who got inside the kids head.playing a very poor level of hoofball in scotland-sorry to all our scotish fans-i think that joe has realised that the only chance he would have of prem football is with the city as only a championship side would take a punt on the kid now at less money than the city were paying him.i bet he would like to smack his agent right on the chin and won't be suprised if they part company.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:20 pm

marky1927 wrote:joe or oly, which one would you have,joe was badley advised by a very greedy agent who got inside the kids head.playing a very poor level of hoofball in scotland-sorry to all our scotish fans-i think that joe has realised that the only chance he would have of prem football is with the city as only a championship side would take a punt on the kid now at less money than the city were paying him.i bet he would like to smack his agent right on the chin and won't be suprised if they part company.

totally agree mate

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:30 pm

Glad he fucked off. Oli's much better.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:34 pm

if joe had stayed he could have been the anwser to our fullback problems or partned oly in the middle ,which woul have probably seen us take at least second spot by now ,oh for a bit of hindsight joe should have belived in your own judgement not your agents, was celtic alway going be the best bet,short term financial gain.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:34 pm

Dont blame him, he is a liverpool fan aint he? dont really want him back tho