Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

imagine this....

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:54 pm

The Qpr case was never brought up?

We would now be looking forward to possibly the biggest 2 games in our clubs history and not worrying about Qpr getting docked points, at the end of the day they deserve to be champions simply because they have been consistently good, to be honest I think we are the better team but our problem is we have lost too many games and been inconsistent, as have norwich and swansea. I for one am hoping norwich slip up rather than hoping Qpr get docked, I want us to go up because we have earned it and I believe we will do it, let's just forget about Qpr for the moment and concentrate on winning our remaining games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: imagine this....

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:59 pm

i see where your coming from mate and i really want us and believe we can go up on our own merit, but even though the players and fans have been great for QPR, they have also been great to watch but you cant hide from the fact that the big wigs behind the scenes have either dropped a bollock or purposely broke the law!!

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:00 pm

bluebird--rhys wrote:The Qpr case was never brought up?

We would now be looking forward to possibly the biggest 2 games in our clubs history and not worrying about Qpr getting docked points, at the end of the day they deserve to be champions simply because they have been consistently good, to be honest I think we are the better team but our problem is we have lost too many games and been inconsistent, as have norwich and swansea. I for one am hoping norwich slip up rather than hoping Qpr get docked, I want us to go up because we have earned it and I believe we will do it, let's just forget about Qpr for the moment and concentrate on winning our remaining games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

im still looking forward to next 2 games, regardless of the QPR case, dont worry about that

got a sneaky feeling Pompey might grab a point against Norwich on Monday too :ayatollah:

i really cant wait!!!!

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:01 pm

I AM STILL LOOKING FORWARD TO 2 OF THE BIGGEST GAMES LEFT OF THIS SEASON!

IT is up to Cardiff to go out and WIN both them games - and Norwich lose n draw their remaining games

WE have to get behind the boys for the last 180 minutes and give them full support :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Think they'll get a heavy fine myself. Winning our last two games is a must. C'mon City :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 12:26 am

I think we all agree with the sentiment BUT it is FACT that QPR have transgressed the written rules and IF found guilty this week there MUST be a deterrent penalty handed out to deter others from attempting similar acts to gain an advantage over their rivals....

QPR thought they could 'pull a fast one' on the FA/FL and it appears to have come back to haunt them. In some ways it is PERFECT timeing, as it COULD make others think before they CHEAT....

Only, of course IF the penalty awarded is strong enough to send waves and not ripples!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 7:49 am

To gain promotion on the back of another teams trangressions would be a hollow victory IMO. It would be like when 2 teams/ opponents get drawn against each other and one team/opponent doesn't make the contest, it's a "walkover", a really unsatisfactory way to progress, we need to do it on merit otherwise we will always be reminded by other teams supporters that we're the team that gained promo by default/walkover, I suspect a few new chants/songs would be sung to us to remind us that we are in the Prem not on merit but through the backdoor, the Craig Bellamy thing gave the whingers ammunition promo by default would give them even more.

Sun May 01, 2011 7:53 am

My personal view is DJ took far too long before identifying Naylor as the weak link in the back four. That player has cost us god knows how many goals and certainly without conceding them we would already be promoted.

Sun May 01, 2011 8:10 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:My personal view is DJ took far too long before identifying Naylor as the weak link in the back four. That player has cost us god knows how many goals and certainly without conceding them we would already be promoted.

I think there may be a slight difference between Jonesy identifying a problem and him actually taking action to rectify it, he dragged his arse on dropping Naylor and as you so rightly say it cost us some valuable points. That's Jonesy's weak link IMO, he won't listen or admit to the obvious, stubborn as f**k, if he could tone down that part of his nature he would be a very good manager.

Sun May 01, 2011 8:12 am

Jez wrote:I AM STILL LOOKING FORWARD TO 2 OF THE BIGGEST GAMES LEFT OF THIS SEASON!

IT is up to Cardiff to go out and WIN both them games - and Norwich lose n draw their remaining games

WE have to get behind the boys for the last 180 minutes and give them full support :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 8:14 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:To gain promotion on the back of another teams trangressions would be a hollow victory IMO. It would be like when 2 teams/ opponents get drawn against each other and one team/opponent doesn't make the contest, it's a "walkover", a really unsatisfactory way to progress, we need to do it on merit otherwise we will always be reminded by other teams supporters that we're the team that gained promo by default/walkover, I suspect a few new chants/songs would be sung to us to remind us that we are in the Prem not on merit but through the backdoor, the Craig Bellamy thing gave the whingers ammunition promo by default would give them even more.

Lennox lewis got the WBC title because riddock bowe wouldn't fight him.Then contested all toughest fights.I don't see people slating him for accepting that belt(Sorry couldn't resist) :D :D

Sun May 01, 2011 8:27 am

boxerbob wrote:
CF64 BLUE wrote:To gain promotion on the back of another teams trangressions would be a hollow victory IMO. It would be like when 2 teams/ opponents get drawn against each other and one team/opponent doesn't make the contest, it's a "walkover", a really unsatisfactory way to progress, we need to do it on merit otherwise we will always be reminded by other teams supporters that we're the team that gained promo by default/walkover, I suspect a few new chants/songs would be sung to us to remind us that we are in the Prem not on merit but through the backdoor, the Craig Bellamy thing gave the whingers ammunition promo by default would give them even more.

Lennox lewis got the WBC title because riddock bowe wouldn't fight him.Then contested all toughest fights.I don't see people slating him for accepting that belt(Sorry couldn't resist) :D :D

Was that the time the Championship belt got dumped into a dustbin?

If so then your comparision Bob might be closer than you think, because rumour has it that's what happened to Alejandro Faurlin's correct registration document's ;)

Sun May 01, 2011 8:33 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
boxerbob wrote:

Was that the time the Championship belt got dumped into a dustbin?

If so then your comparision Bob might be closer than you think, because rumour has it that's what happened to Alejandro Faurlin's correct registration document's ;)

Yeah thats the 1 tony :lol: :lol: :lol: