Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

300 GRAND AND WE ARE 2 WINS AWAY FROM POSSIBLE AUTOMATICS

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:18 pm

DJ....Done a good job???

Alot of people have been saying in the past " ah Cardiff always mess things up towards the end of the seaon"..."ah cardiff always do poor towards the end of the season and bottle it"?

Last season we went on a 10 plus unbeaten run and got into the play offs in style

This season we have again gone on a 10 plus unbeaten run and we are in with a shout of automatic promotion.

I think personally DJ has done a good job for the following reasons;

1. He is right when he said at the start of the season many people thought we would suffer..then we sign craig bellamy and we became world beaters even thought he could only play 1 game per week and wasnt near full fitness like he is now.

2. We have the same squad as last season for the majority of the season really, the only difference being bellamy. I say this because Oli replaced Ledley, Naylor replaced kennedy, Kienan replaced Gerrard in JANUARY (BIT LATE),

3. We have been unlucky with injuries, ie oli, bothroyd, chopra, all suffered in november/december..

4. AGAIN...we have obtained more points than last season..another improvement a year on under jones.

What do you all think? I just think people think we have an invincible squad??? but the reality is take bellamy out and we dont... QPR spent millions...we have spent 300 grand

Re: 300 GRAND AND WE ARE 2 WINS AWAY FROM POSSIBLE AUTOMATICS

Sun May 01, 2011 12:07 am

Couldn't agree more, mate.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 7:51 am

QPR have not spent millions.

We are not 2 wins away from promotion.

We are not the only club to have suffered from injuries.

Sun May 01, 2011 7:55 am

I think this year with Bellers in the side also and the way jay was putting them away ,we should have been in the same place as QPR is now. But we had the problem of the left back, we were winning games only to let our welfs down in the latter end of the game by given away such silly goals. I think we have to agree that with our defenders now sorted after we brought in Kienan we have done a hell of a lot better , ok we still give the odd silly goal away ,but before you could bet on it that we would. It was a case of we score and we all knew that 10 mins After they would. Thats just not table topping forum.

Sun May 01, 2011 8:01 am

DJ Gets Nearly £1 Million Wages including expenses and the wage Bill is £16 Million plus a leader in Bellamy Who in that Wage Bill costs us nothing, add at least £4 Mill for Bells.
Personally I Believe WE should have Already been Promoted, but thats My Opinion.
No I dont think he has done a good job, but I am prob the minority, its now been 6 years, lets pray we finally get there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 8:07 am

disagree totally with point 4.......If we finish 3rd then yes we are 1 place above our position last year but 3rd is just as good as 6th after 46 games.

The only way we would progress on last year is promotion. after reaching a playoff final last year anything less is a back step...

Besides these days it aint about the transfer fees its all about the wages and we are paying premiership wages

Still on that note :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 9:13 am

Signing Bellamy for what amounts to nothing was a no brainer. If you want to judge DJ then look a bit closer at his decision to sign Naylor and continue to play him even when it was obvious he was a liability. Add those lost points up and we would be promoted.

I would also add he continues to play Russian roulette by playing McPhail who is simply way out of his depth in this league and does nothing but give away free-kicks in dangerous positions. How long before he gives away another costly free-kick like in the PO Final last year?

Sun May 01, 2011 9:57 am

I think mcphail is a good championship midfielder and has been solid for us this season away from his injuries. would have been better if we had signed jimmy bullard but i think mcphail is decent.

as for us having a high wage bill, we needed to, if we were to have any chance of progression then we needed to KEEP the majority of the team together, that means increasing their wages to get them to stay...

how could DJ take us up to premiership when all through his rein the club has been going through turmoil, had to sell his best players, rebuild nerly every season, transfer embargo's on us, very unlucky with injuries and a small squad. the only difference really is that we have signed a massive player that is craig bellamy..

lets be honest, under DJ we have been consistent...

shefield utd fell apart after loosing a play off final and now look where they are...
bristol city also fell apart after loosing a play off final...
preston also fell apart after loosing a play off final..

CARDIFF CITY....WELL WE DONT FALL APART UNDER DJ..HE KEEPS US UP AND NOW WE FIND OURSELEVES BATTLING FOR AUTOMOATIC PROMOTION AFTER THE HEATACHE LAST SEASON

Sun May 01, 2011 10:02 am

Dave Jones himself, after signing his first batch of galacticos, said automatic promotion is the objective and the play offs again would be failure. He wouldn't heap unnecessary pressure on himself if he thought it wasn't going to happen.

Sun May 01, 2011 10:06 am

Bakedalasker wrote:QPR have not spent millions.

I was actually surprised as to how much QPR have spent!!
Kenny 750k
Taarabt 1m
Hulse 750k
Orr 500k
Smith 1.5m
Buzsaky 500k
Ephriam 850k
Gorkss 250k
Hall 800k
Mackie 650k
Faurlin up to 3.5m, maybe a hell of a lot more?!

I do think we have a better squad on paper though and should be well ahead! Too many errors! How much is Naylor's error at the death against Norwich gonna cost us?!

I'd like to think if DJ could've signed a couple more 500k-1m players we would have an even stronger squad!

It would be interesting to see where QPR would be if Taarabt had missed a large chunk of the season?! If ever there was a one man team!!

All 'what-ifs' though, the least we can do is win these last 2 games!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 11:40 am

piroteczz wrote:disagree totally with point 4.......If we finish 3rd then yes we are 1 place above our position last year but 3rd is just as good as 6th after 46 games.

The only way we would progress on last year is promotion. after reaching a playoff final last year anything less is a back step...

Besides these days it aint about the transfer fees its all about the wages and we are paying premiership wages

How can you possibly disagree with FACT ? :|

Sun May 01, 2011 1:25 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:QPR have not spent millions.

I was actually surprised as to how much QPR have spent!!
Kenny 750k
Taarabt 1m
Hulse 750k
Orr 500k
Smith 1.5m
Buzsaky 500k
Ephriam 850k
Gorkss 250k
Hall 800k
Mackie 650k
Faurlin up to 3.5m, maybe a hell of a lot more?!

I do think we have a better squad on paper though and should be well ahead! Too many errors! How much is Naylor's error at the death against Norwich gonna cost us?!

I'd like to think if DJ could've signed a couple more 500k-1m players we would have an even stronger squad!

It would be interesting to see where QPR would be if Taarabt had missed a large chunk of the season?! If ever there was a one man team!!

All 'what-ifs' though, the least we can do is win these last 2 games!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not al those are Warnocks buys. Even so some of them that I know he brought is still a tidy sum.

Sun May 01, 2011 3:47 pm

Merlin wrote:
piroteczz wrote:disagree totally with point 4.......If we finish 3rd then yes we are 1 place above our position last year but 3rd is just as good as 6th after 46 games.

How can you possibly disagree with FACT ? :|

Sorry its all come out all wrong lol............what i mean is our only progression is promotion. Having more points than last season means nothing......we finished in 4th last year with 74 and possibly 3rd with 85 this year but still in the same boat....Its not progression if you dont get promoted

Sun May 01, 2011 3:51 pm

although to not get automatic with 85 points will be a little hard to take. Thats normally enough so thats why i think if we win our last 2 then we should be up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 7:40 pm

jones is a top bloke, I like him as a person real down to earth,

i think he's took the squad on a learning curve extreme highs and extreme lows
it took a player of real inspiration and charachter in craig bellamy to give us the missing ingredient you wont get that off any championship player

Sun May 01, 2011 7:51 pm

No chance. You will be Championship next season. Swansea by playoffs will go up with us and QPR :P :P