Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QPR IS A GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD WE WILL WIN LAST 2 GAMES!

Sun May 01, 2011 8:12 am

im with a lot of u in saying qpr deserve to be punished and dont get me wrong id take a points deduction BUT wouldnt that be a bitter sweet moment? They have been best team in league this year and deserve their promotion. I firmly believe we will win our last 2 games and if thats not enough we will qualify for wembley and again its just if we turn up on the day. The determination in the side at the moment is first class and we can do this on our own. I think we all been a bit distracted by this
POSSIBLE points deduction this week and rightly so its exciting to think we may be promoted but we aint yet and i think you have to earn your sucess and by winning promotion on our own we will do that. Thoughts anyone?

Re: QPR IS A GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD WE WILL WIN LAST 2 GAMES!

Sun May 01, 2011 8:18 am

I think we are going up via the play-offs.

QPR deserve to be punished, but I have a feeling the FA will bottle it. Norwich seem destined to finish 2nd (& frankly deserve it) whilst we are the best of the rest.

If justice is really to be served then we have to go up somehow.

Sun May 01, 2011 9:00 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I think we are going up via the play-offs.

QPR deserve to be punished, but I have a feeling the FA will bottle it. Norwich seem destined to finish 2nd (& frankly deserve it) whilst we are the best of the rest.

The play offs are a bit of a lottery, wouldn't fancy playing Forest or Reading tbh, plus one crazy decision by the ref can really f**k a team up. Can't see us getting auto though as Burnley is a tough last game.

Sun May 01, 2011 9:36 am

tony
look at the fa's record over the years.
firstly they only charge clubs when they have investigated thoroughly and if you look at their record you wont find anyone recently who were found innocent.
there is not a chance they will bottle it as they would be setting a dangerous precedent.
Look at swindon they actually let them win the play offs and gain promotion to the premiership before initially relegating them two divisions.
Bear in mind here that they have seven charges to answer and one of them is unique in the fact that they submitted a false document to cover the alleged ineligble player. That in itself to me is probably the worst offence you could possibly commit.
i cant see any logic in them getting a fine as they will then be rewarded for their misdemeanors with a 90 million windfall.
I can understand people wanting us to go up on merit and we can still achieve that but if we were actually third from bottom of the league and this happened with another club and their points deduction meant they replaced us in the bottom three and we stayed up everybody on this board would take it all day long.
The fact of the matter is tony its always the loyal fans who suffer in these situations because of the actions of the clubs guardians god knows how close were we to the brink of administration and a 10 point deduction.

Sun May 01, 2011 10:06 am

The pundits are saying they should not lose points because they have won promotion. So does that mean if you win something it does not matter if you break the rules ?
If lets say it was a team that finishes mid table re Ipswich, if they had broken the rules then its ok to dock points off them as they would still be mid table.
If you break the rules then you are found out , you have to be punished. A fine of £10 million would still not be enough as they would still have made £80 million by cheating.
So its either they are docked points or fined £90 million. Either would be true justice.

Sun May 01, 2011 9:34 pm

steve davies wrote:

tony
look at the fa's record over the years.
firstly they only charge clubs when they have investigated thoroughly and if you look at their record you wont find anyone recently who were found innocent.
there is not a chance they will bottle it as they would be setting a dangerous precedent.
Look at swindon they actually let them win the play offs and gain promotion to the premiership before initially relegating them two divisions.
Bear in mind here that they have seven charges to answer and one of them is unique in the fact that they submitted a false document to cover the alleged ineligble player. That in itself to me is probably the worst offence you could possibly commit.
i cant see any logic in them getting a fine as they will then be rewarded for their misdemeanors with a 90 million windfall.
I can understand people wanting us to go up on merit and we can still achieve that but if we were actually third from bottom of the league and this happened with another club and their points deduction meant they replaced us in the bottom three and we stayed up everybody on this board would take it all day long.
The fact of the matter is tony its always the loyal fans who suffer in these situations because of the actions of the clubs guardians god knows how close were we to the brink of administration and a 10 point deduction.

Warnock is no fool and he has not been celebrating like he normally does.

If they fine QPR there will be a compensation claim coming from whoever finishs third.