Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

R.I.P greatest sportsman that ever lived

Sun May 01, 2011 9:36 am

AYRTON SENNA
Imola, May 1st 1994, 17 years ago today!

R.I.P to the best, most talented and most focused racing driver of all time

And lets not forget Roland Ratzenberger either who also died that day
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: R.I.P greatest sportsman that ever lived

Sun May 01, 2011 9:40 am

Well said :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 9:46 am

Agre about Senna but didnt Ratzenburger die day before in practice ?

Sun May 01, 2011 9:52 am

Im corrected
Ye he died on the 30th

Sun May 01, 2011 10:18 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 10:27 am

I saw that crash on TV. Horrific.

R.I.P

Sun May 01, 2011 10:57 am

RIP Senna, but I disagree that he was the best racing driver of all time. Schumacher always will be.

But still, Senna is a legend :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 11:08 am

I don't know much about motor racing, but I think that Donald Bradman is the greatest sportsman of all time. :idea:

With Senna, there are clearly questions about which driver is the greatest, but Bradman is head and shoulders above all other batsmen in Cricket, and as for bowlers, Warne and Muralitharan are very close in stats.

Just my opinion.

Sun May 01, 2011 11:16 am

Many people died that day. RIP.

Sun May 01, 2011 12:23 pm

muhammed ali is the greatest sportsman of all-time but rip ayrton senna! :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 12:46 pm

I have a photo of him in his JPS car and its hand signed by him, it look amazing in its frame under glass.
I also have the video of that very race he was killed in it show him in the car and the doctor with him and them getting him out of the car. The day before he died Rowland Ratzenberger,
If Senna had won that race he was going to dedicate it to Ratzenberger. So very sad to see 2 great drivers Killed that weekend

Sun May 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Karl wrote:Many people died that day. RIP.

2 died that weekend

Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 pm

jbgnuts wrote:Agre about Senna but didnt Ratzenburger die day before in practice ?

Yes he did

Sun May 01, 2011 1:31 pm

PhatFrog wrote:RIP Senna, but I disagree that he was the best racing driver of all time. Schumacher always will be.

Each to their own eh! If senna was still alive, shuey wouldnt be 7 time champion to this day. Just my opinion, unfortunetely we will never find out!

Sun May 01, 2011 4:30 pm

cantonite wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:RIP Senna, but I disagree that he was the best racing driver of all time. Schumacher always will be.

Each to their own eh! If senna was still alive, shuey wouldnt be 7 time champion to this day. Just my opinion, unfortunetely we will never find out!

That is 100% true

Sun May 01, 2011 5:54 pm

john surtees,still alive today,only person to win world f1 championship and win the world 500cc motor cycle championship,that two and four wheels folks!!! senna a legend in his own right ,brilliant in the wet :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 5:58 pm

Schumacher is the most successful, but Senna will always be the BEST! ;) and if he was still around, no doubt he could be holding the record?

I remember when Senna - got out of his car mid race, and on a high speed straight to pull Alain Prost (fierce rival) from his crashed Car! risking life and limb......... that is something of a courageous driver!

Sun May 01, 2011 6:05 pm

i remember the european gp held at donninton,wet conditions,they all said donninton to narrow a track to stage f1 as you could,nt overtake.senna started last in the grid in atrocious conditions,lap 2 he was in the lead :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Merlin wrote:I remember when Senna - got out of his car mid race, and on a high speed straight to pull Alain Prost (fierce rival) from his crashed Car! risking life and limb......... that is something of a courageous driver!

Was it as courageous as the number of reckless moves Senna pulled on Prost on numerous occasions?