Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sky Sports Next Saturday

Sun May 01, 2011 12:05 pm

I was looking at the matches to be broadcast live over the next month when I noticed that next Saturday, Sky Sports 2 are going to be showing a Championship match, but they haven't decided on which fixture. Is this normal procedure for them or are they holding their cards close to their chest to see what happens this at the hearing this week so they could broadcast the match of the Championship winning team and the presentation of the trophy, rather than potentially making an ass of themselves by going to Lotus Road to show a psychophysiology imploded team?

Re: Sky Sports Next Saturday

Sun May 01, 2011 12:10 pm

think its normal procedure they normally show champions promotion or relegation, i guess they will wait until after monday night and decide where they will be at our game or norwichs, they normally show any goals scored anyway from the different games, as champions and relegation has already been decided

Sun May 01, 2011 12:10 pm

Nothing to do with that mate.Sky always leave the choice of the last game to the final week to see which games have something riding on them.If we win on monday and take the race to second spot to the last game they will show us or norwich and bbc will be the same.

Sun May 01, 2011 12:16 pm

That's the answer I'm looking for. Cheers chaps. And I didn't even know the Beeb were showing a match. That at most makes a 1 in 6 change of our match being shown :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 12:23 pm

A win tomorrow and we'll be live next Saturday.

Sun May 01, 2011 12:24 pm

And a Norwich slip up to guarantee it...which I'm starting to feel won't happen...

Sun May 01, 2011 12:28 pm

If we win then no matter what happens at Pompey tomorrow will see both games live on Saturday.

Sun May 01, 2011 12:37 pm

we will either be on bbc or sky next week, and norwich will be on the other one

seeing as everything else is sorted in the championship with forest's goal difference being much better than leeds with a 3 point lead, and all 3 relagation spots being taken

Sun May 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Heard rumours that both Cardiff & Norwich games will be on the beeb. The most important live and the other on the red button. Don't know how true that is though..

Sun May 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Rhodri wrote:And a Norwich slip up to guarantee it...which I'm starting to feel won't happen...

why???????

Sun May 01, 2011 2:53 pm

Jenks wrote:think its normal procedure they normally show champions promotion or relegation, i guess they will wait until after monday night and decide where they will be at our game or norwichs, they normally show any goals scored anyway from the different games, as champions and relegation has already been decided

Wouldn't be surprised if they put BOTH games (Norwich and Cardiff) on together....possibly on the RED Button :ayatollah: :ayatollah: