Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS BIN LADENS DEATH REALLY WORTH CELEBRATING?

Mon May 02, 2011 6:13 am

so bin laden as finally met his end nearly 10 years after 9/11 but as it really all been worth it? .... it kicked off a war on terror in iraq and afghan that as cost endless soldiers lives, its also taken the lives of many innocent civilian people including women and kids .... all that just to get one man "osama bin laden" .... will his death end the fighting!.... NO OF COARSE NOT, it will more than likely get worse!

Re: IS BIN LADENS DEATH REALLY WORTH CELEBRATING?

Mon May 02, 2011 6:16 am

Of course it's worth celebrating!

It won't stop the war on terror, but that is a different question entirely.

Mon May 02, 2011 6:25 am

You make it sound like they all died for nothing, but they are out there to keep our country safe! Respect for all involved and yes it is worth celebrating..

Mon May 02, 2011 6:39 am

Its all a load of bollocks. The yanks have known where he was since years back
but it suited their purpose to have this 'Public Enemy Number 1"... so they could
invade Iraq and Afghanistan. The saddest part is that our lads got chucked in
there by a Prime Minister who just couldnt suck enough American cock. Now of
course, Bin Laden is dead, suits their exit strategy see. As for the innocent women
and children killed? tough shit. Not our problem anymore when these backward
twats blow each other up in their places of worships/markets/weddings and funerals.

Good old Pakistan though eh? Our 'friend' :lol:

He's been living in a mansion for years around the corner from a Police Station and
nobody had a scooby? yeh righto.

I wish someone would blow the despicable treacherous bastards off the face of the
Earth, but not before all the horrible bastards here have been deported. Then the
Indians will have more room, people with a bit of dignity and respect for others

Mon May 02, 2011 6:56 am

We have a secret spy in our ranks!

Mon May 02, 2011 7:00 am

BEST NEWS OF THE DECADE HE WAS SCUM!!!!

BUT BETTER NEWS IS COMING THIS WEEK :D :D :D

THE BLUEBIRDS ARE GOING UP!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2011 7:08 am

Delighted with the outcome. That prick started a war that has defined this generation. His death won't bring peace but it brings justice.

I'm not going to say it makes it all worth while as there is still lots to do.......but what a morale boost for our troops

Mon May 02, 2011 7:09 am

Claire wrote:Of course it's worth celebrating!

It won't stop the war on terror, but that is a different question entirely.

Spot on!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2011 7:09 am

PhatFrog wrote:Delighted with the outcome. That prick started a war that has defined this generation. His death won't bring peace but it brings justice.

I'm not going to say it makes it all worth while as there is still lots to do.......but what a morale boost for our troops

Well said! :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2011 7:18 am

taffyapple wrote:Its all a load of bollocks. The yanks have known where he was since years back
but it suited their purpose to have this 'Public Enemy Number 1"... so they could
invade Iraq and Afghanistan. The saddest part is that our lads got chucked in
there by a Prime Minister who just couldnt suck enough American cock. Now of
course, Bin Laden is dead, suits their exit strategy see. As for the innocent women
and children killed? tough shit. Not our problem anymore when these backward
twats blow each other up in their places of worships/markets/weddings and funerals.

Good old Pakistan though eh? Our 'friend' :lol:

He's been living in a mansion for years around the corner from a Police Station and
nobody had a scooby? yeh righto.

I wish someone would blow the despicable treacherous bastards off the face of the
Earth, but not before all the horrible bastards here have been deported. Then the
Indians will have more room, people with a bit of dignity and respect for others

THIS ^^^^^

Mon May 02, 2011 7:21 am

AHERNE wrote:so bin laden as finally met his end nearly 10 years after 9/11 but as it really all been worth it? .... it kicked off a war on terror in iraq and afghan that as cost endless soldiers lives, its also taken the lives of many innocent civilian people including women and kids .... all that just to get one man "osama bin laden" .... will his death end the fighting!.... NO OF COARSE NOT, it will more than likely get worse!

I really do hate wars and how many civilians get injured or killed is truly awful but the death of Osama Bin Laden is very much worth celebrating. I remember the tragic day of 9/11 and genuinely believing that a world war would start from it.

Genuine fear brought to millions of people caused and masterminded by this man.

Everytime I board a plane, or step onto a tube it crosses my mind, the anxiety is there and always will be.

So 100% I celebrate his death, will it bring further troubles, probably but this man needed to be no longer of this Earth.

Mon May 02, 2011 7:24 am

carlccfc wrote:
AHERNE wrote:so bin laden as finally met his end nearly 10 years after 9/11 but as it really all been worth it? .... it kicked off a war on terror in iraq and afghan that as cost endless soldiers lives, its also taken the lives of many innocent civilian people including women and kids .... all that just to get one man "osama bin laden" .... will his death end the fighting!.... NO OF COARSE NOT, it will more than likely get worse!

I really do hate wars and how many civilians get injured or killed is truly awful but the death of Osama Bin Laden is very much worth celebrating. I remember the tragic day of 9/11 and genuinely believing that a world war would start from it.

Everytime I board a plane, or step onto a tube it crosses my mind, the anxiety is there and always will be.

So 100% I celebrate his death, will it bring further troubles, probably but this man needed to be no longer of this Earth.

I don't think I've ever celebrated someones death before, but for the exact reasons that you have stated, I truely am glad that that man is dead.

Mon May 02, 2011 7:25 am

Best news in a long time the only sad news is that he wasn't tortured very slowly the guy was as evil as Hitler. As for Pakistan A f*cking horrible place and they-should of been invaded not Iraq.
I Knew it wouldn't be long before the bleading hearts come out to condemn his death but the guy wasn't a man of god but was a mass murderer in the worst degree and for all those Al quada rag heads that are mourning right now I am laughing at you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 02, 2011 7:27 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Best news in a long time the only sad news is that he wasn't tortured very slowly the guy was as evil as Hitler. As for Pakistan A f*cking horrible place and they-should of been invaded not Iraq.
I Knew it wouldn't be long before the bleading hearts come out to condemn his death but the guy wasn't a man of god but was a mass murderer in the worst degree and for all those Al quada rag heads that are mourning right now I am laughing at you :lol: :lol: :lol:

my thoughts exactly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2011 7:27 am

I love the conspiracy theorists and how they claim things as fact despite not providing any proof of what they claim.

It sounds stupid and I can't explain it, but I now feel that my brother serving 2 tours in Iraq want a waste of time. I know people might not agree and that people who have lost family over there wont agree, but for me....Bin Ladens death is a small step to making it worth while. And before anyone had a go, I said SMALL step

Mon May 02, 2011 7:31 am

Claire wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I don't think I've ever celebrated someones death before, but for the exact reasons that you have stated, I truely am glad that that man is dead.

Claire I too have never celebrated anothers death and I don't like to say I hate anyone but this man is the exception.

I wanted to be in New York at the time of 9/11 to see Michael Jackson's 30th Anniversary at Madison Square Garden on September 10th but, thankfully now, Alison would not leave our 2 month old daughter,Angharad, for the 2-3 days to fly there and back.

Mon May 02, 2011 7:37 am

Let's all have a disco, Let's all have a disco, La La La La! :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Now do the Ayatollah you Bast**rd! :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2011 7:47 am

well he caused so much misery to the world,its great that he has no chance of doing it again.Although it could of been solved years back British special forces were close and could see him but America wanted the glory so they told us too pull out.

Mon May 02, 2011 8:14 am

As happy as I am that he has finally been captured/killed, I do have a little concern as to the possible retributions and revenge attacks that may follow. Bin Laden was a hero almost God like to all the Al Qaeda followers and i do not expect them to take this lying down.

This war against terror is far from over.

Mon May 02, 2011 8:15 am

GOTCHA

Mon May 02, 2011 8:17 am

bahrainbluebird wrote:As happy as I am that he has finally been captured/killed, I do have a little concern as to the possible retributions and revenge attacks that may follow. Bin Laden was a hero almost God like to all the Al Qaeda followers and i do not expect them to take this lying down.

I absolutely agree with you, sadly.

Mon May 02, 2011 8:20 am

So why didn't the CIA arrest him when they went to visit him in hospital in Dubi ?
There is still a lot of unanswered questions ,from the Bush era, and it was Bin Ladens family that bailed out the Bush family in a big money deal, and that was tried to be hushed up.
Many people died as we all know in 911 ,but many unanswered questions and loose end still remain, and many politicians in the USA still try to fined the really answer.

Mon May 02, 2011 9:03 am

Claire wrote:
bahrainbluebird wrote:As happy as I am that he has finally been captured/killed, I do have a little concern as to the possible retributions and revenge attacks that may follow. Bin Laden was a hero almost God like to all the Al Qaeda followers and i do not expect them to take this lying down.

I absolutely agree with you, sadly.

I can understand your feeling BB.

I was in Bahrain when the Ayatollah Khomeni died. He was the public enemy no 1 to the West at the time, the same statrus as Bin Laden has had. The sympathy for Khomeni death, a natural death it should be said, was quite frightening in Bahrain. We dont see that sympathy here in the UK. So I can image Bin Laden could get martyr status where you are. Lets hope the storm does not happen after the calm.

Mon May 02, 2011 9:07 am

In death he becomes a martyr.

Mon May 02, 2011 9:12 am

"BRILLIANT NEWS". Now lets send everyone of his followers back home. to their rat infested country cant stand PAKI'S sly horrid Dirty Bastards. They are only half a step up from Scumsea. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2011 9:14 am

The man was a coward, he was sitting in his security designed home in a country that was allowing him to do so and in the meantime he was encouraging his followers to go on suicide missions all over the world.
The world should now show their disgust of the Pakistani nation by stopping all aid to them. They can't have it both ways !

Mon May 02, 2011 9:16 am

ridofrid wrote:The man was a coward, he was sitting in his security designed home in a country that was allowing him to do so and in the meantime he was encouraging his followers to go on suicide missions all over the world.
The world should now show their disgust of the Pakistani nation by stopping all aid to them. They can't have it both ways !

Agree :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2011 9:24 am

This man was the leader of a terrorist group that orchestrated the mass murdering of thousands of innocent civilians. Was it worth killing him? Of course it was.

Shame they didn’t capture this cretin and torture him for weeks on end so he can at least feel some of the pain that families of people his men have murdered have had to go through.

Mon May 02, 2011 9:36 am

chris_ccfc wrote:This man was the leader of a terrorist group that orchestrated the mass murdering of thousands of innocent civilians. Was it worth killing him? Of course it was.

Shame they didn’t capture this cretin and torture him for weeks on end so he can at least feel some of the pain that families of people his men have murdered have had to go through.

And American actions aided by others since has led to the death of far more innocent civilians...

Mon May 02, 2011 9:57 am

I have strong christian values and on the basis of those values I cannot find it in myself to celebrate this mans death but having said that I feel absolutely no sorrow at this mornings news. To me this is just another step required to cleanse the world of people who share the values of this nasty, unpleasant and ultimately evil man he needed to be dead and he is nowwe need we focus on others with the same perverted values.

I understand the difficulty faced around disposal of his body but despite my christian values and bullet in the head and dumping his body at sea is to good for the evil b*stard. Far better to have taken him back to ground zero in New York and hang his corpse on a steak and let the Manhattan rats knaw away at his rotting bollocks. I hope god can forgive me harbouring such terrible thoughts but I honestly feel them.

Let that be the message to ALL who share this mans evil values, including any radical clerics who live in our country but preach this mans evil. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: