Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones

Mon May 02, 2011 7:32 pm

To all of the haters, the result we got today had nothing to do with this man. Although, I do believe that he isn't the right man for the job.

We presented a strong team that should have taken the chance that we had. Dave Jones stuck with a team that dominated most of the play against QPR and a team that has been playing so well against the rest of the league in recent times.

I thought that we were going to win comfortably, perhaps by 2-3 goals. Infact, most people on this board were in agreement with me. What I disliked from this game was the distaste and bitterness people held against Dave Jones at the final whistle. He was perfectly right to pick the team today, which on a better day, perhaps 5-6 games ago, we would have had a better result.

The team let us down today, not Davey. They let down every single Cardiff fan. They played a lacklustre game where we didn't have a sniff. I must commend Mcnaughton and Whitts, however, as I thought they were the only ones with fire in their bellies.

Now, as I write this, Norwich are at 0-0. I honestly don't believe that we could gain Automatics, even if QPR are deducted the points. I am a Bluebird and will be for life but today, I was severley let down.

Re: Dave Jones

Mon May 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Frantic wrote:To all of the haters, the result we got today had nothing to do with this man. Although, I do believe that he isn't the right man for the job.

We presented a strong team that should have taken the chance that we had. Dave Jones stuck with a team that dominated most of the play against QPR and a team that has been playing so well against the rest of the league in recent times.

I thought that we were going to win comfortably, perhaps by 2-3 goals. Infact, most people on this board were in agreement with me. What I disliked from this game was the distaste and bitterness people held against Dave Jones at the final whistle. He was perfectly right to pick the team today, which on a better day, perhaps 5-6 games ago, we would have had a better result.

The team let us down today, not Davey. They let down every single Cardiff fan. They played a lacklustre game where we didn't have a sniff. I must commend Mcnaughton and Whitts, however, as I thought they were the only ones with fire in their bellies.

Now, as I write this, Norwich are at 0-0. I honestly don't believe that we could gain Automatics, even if QPR are deducted the points. I am a Bluebird and will be for life but today, I was severley let down.

Well said and although I'm firmly in the DJ hater category todays performance was nothing to do with him. That group of players should be utterly ashamed of themselves. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2011 7:38 pm

Too many times our players seem to think that the job has already been done without having to apply themselves and battle for absolutely everything.

This happens season after season and we just appear to be incapable of finishing the job.

There is more than just talk of players being out very late in the days before this game and if that is true it shows a lack of professionalism throughout the club.

Mon May 02, 2011 7:42 pm

Frantic wrote:To all of the haters, the result we got today had nothing to do with this man. Although, I do believe that he isn't the right man for the job.

I'm with most of what you said apart from the McNaughton/Whittingham comments. Did you fall asleep and dream the game out yourself? McNaughton was at fault for 2 of the goals whilst Whittingham dropped deeper and deeper all game and didn't play any real part whatsoever.

We were were so shit we were worse than the officials and that is saying something.

Mon May 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Howey1927 wrote:

I'm with most of what you said apart from the McNaughton/Whittingham comments. Did you fall asleep and dream the game out yourself? McNaughton was at fault for 2 of the goals whilst Whittingham dropped deeper and deeper all game and didn't play any real part whatsoever.

We were were so shit we were worse than the officials and that is saying something.

I believed that Samuel was the weak link, which is why he came off so early. middlesbrough recognised it and exploited him. I didn't comment on how well they played, but how they were the ones who wanted something. I do agree that Whitts was playing deep, only because he wanted to become more involved with the play and make more of an influence. McNaughton on the other hand, I though was defensively sound, except the third.

Mon May 02, 2011 8:04 pm

If QPR do decide to sack Warnock for Lippi I hope we get him

Mon May 02, 2011 8:08 pm

If today's performance had nothing to do with Dave Jones, then why the hell are we paying him £800,000 p/a?

He is the f**king manager it's his bloody job to be responsible for what happens on the pitch so BLOODY WAKE UP and stop making excuses for bottling b*stard.