Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones V Eddie May

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:42 pm

why was Eddie so loved by us and Jones his name hardly ever chanted.
Eddie won us the 4th div title but took us down the following season.
Jones took us to an FA cup final and kept us in the top half of the championship on a shoestring.
Even thow we all want prem football what we want more in my opinion is for the msnager and the players to love and respect our club as much as we do and respect our passion and beliefs.
I cant imagine any player in our squad today who would react in the same way as Kav did when he had to leave our club, the ultimate sacrafice and that is why he will always be welcome and loved at this club.
Jonws will never be in that catagory but eddie would.

Re: Dave Jones V Eddie May

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:43 am

Nuclearblue wrote:why was Eddie so loved by us and Jones his name hardly ever chanted.
Eddie won us the 4th div title but took us down the following season.
Jones took us to an FA cup final and kept us in the top half of the championship on a shoestring.
Even thow we all want prem football what we want more in my opinion is for the msnager and the players to love and respect our club as much as we do and respect our passion and beliefs.
I cant imagine any player in our squad today who would react in the same way as Kav did when he had to leave our club, the ultimate sacrafice and that is why he will always be welcome and loved at this club.
Jonws will never be in that catagory but eddie would.

We loved him, he loved us, they had passion and were a great bunch of players he put together.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:47 am

Maybe its because they never made out that they were better than they actually were?

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:52 am

One word, attitude. Eddie May displayed the passion and commitment that most would like to see more of from Dave Jones. Football fans aren't hard to please. If you give 100% then there's not a lot we can complain about.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:54 am

To dave moans its just a job that he has to do to earn his money same as the rest of HIS players.

To eddie it was a dream and that reflected in HIS team the diffrences are vast. Even when ratcliffe signed for us he soon bought into it,can never imagine that happening today with a big money signing!!!

EDDIE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!

EDDIE MAYS RED JACKET EDDIE MAYS RED JACKET :D

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:59 am

Eddie May and his players lost giving 100% unlike Dave Jones players (that's if you can call them his anymore)