Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Next Years Transfer Targets

Tue May 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Based on any games seen this year who would be topping your transfer target list reflecting team needs as well as personal (realistic) desires.......

Based on our squad and us not achieving promotion (my opinion) I think we need:

1 GK - Marshall and Heaton have both performed well (slightly erratic at times mind) but we need the cover. If Santiago isn't rated highly by the coaching staff a youngster with upside would be a cheap fix.

1 Centre Back - Hudson has improved remarkably this season and has been missed despite Super Kevs best efforts and Keinan has proved to be a great addition. Gerrard has to be back (because DJ will be gone) but we still need a 4th CB as Gyepes isn't up to it.

1 Full Back - To compete with McNaughton, Quinn & Blake who have all showed there are solid, hard-working players.

1 Winger - Burke's form can be suspect at times and Whitts just doesn't have the motor to play 46 games consistantly. We need a speedster who can stretch the pitch and run at people.

2/3 CM - Oli can be a great player if he is left to defend as he simply isn't a ball player. A bark & bite player like Willie Boland back in the day is needed as is a creative spark to oust McPhail as he doesn't cut it anymore.

2 Strikers - Bothroyd is history & Parkin simply isn't the answer. A Target man is a must as is a poacher to show Chopra he isn't invincible.

Re: Next Years Transfer Targets

Tue May 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Should the heading not read "Next years LOAN targets" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me personally you ought to sign up someone from AA for Chopra as it seems that he is far more interested on going on the lash than earning his £10,000+ per week for Cardiff City. Also sounds from your post that you have given up on promotion as you have stated that Whittingham hasn't got the legs for a 46 game season, given that there are only 38 in the PL.

Basically it is not about the players it is about how you play them and the fitness and dedication of the players. Your first move should be to remove Jones as he should be the one to blame for where you are. In January it was obvious that your major weakness was the defence, yet he signed one defender! Yesterday that all came home to roost. The dedication of certain players seems to be called into question given the stories that you read on this site about spotting players on the lash, this obviously shows a lack of dedication and also total lack of respect for the manager. I went to the QPR player of the year awards on Sunday night and the only player that I saw with a beer in his hand was Clint Hill, who happens to be out now for the remaining game of the season due to injury. The players RESPECT and LOVE Warnock, and they will not do anything to antagonise him. Finally the fitness, again, down to Jones. It was obvious when we played you the other week that from about 70 minutes on, once we had scored, many of your players were blowing through their arses, whereas the QPR players seemed to be going through another gear.

Tue May 03, 2011 3:21 pm

Darren Potter & Clinton Morrison are availble infact i would gladly drive both to you.

Tue May 03, 2011 3:26 pm

tommy-swfc wrote:Darren Potter & Clinton Morrison are availble infact i would gladly drive both to you.

hows your season been ?

Tue May 03, 2011 3:31 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
tommy-swfc wrote:Darren Potter & Clinton Morrison are availble infact i would gladly drive both to you.

hows your season been ?

Shocking we signed too much dead wood such as the likes of Morrison & Gary Teale , Starting to rebuild for next term though already bidded for 6 players who Megson Identified he wants and he's told the players who will be going already.

Tue May 03, 2011 4:33 pm

DWQPR wrote:Should the heading not read "Next years LOAN targets" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me personally you ought to sign up someone from AA for Chopra as it seems that he is far more interested on going on the lash than earning his £10,000+ per week for Cardiff City. Also sounds from your post that you have given up on promotion as you have stated that Whittingham hasn't got the legs for a 46 game season, given that there are only 38 in the PL.

Basically it is not about the players it is about how you play them and the fitness and dedication of the players. Your first move should be to remove Jones as he should be the one to blame for where you are. In January it was obvious that your major weakness was the defence, yet he signed one defender! Yesterday that all came home to roost. The dedication of certain players seems to be called into question given the stories that you read on this site about spotting players on the lash, this obviously shows a lack of dedication and also total lack of respect for the manager. I went to the QPR player of the year awards on Sunday night and the only player that I saw with a beer in his hand was Clint Hill, who happens to be out now for the remaining game of the season due to injury. The players RESPECT and LOVE Warnock, and they will not do anything to antagonise him. Finally the fitness, again, down to Jones. It was obvious when we played you the other week that from about 70 minutes on, once we had scored, many of your players were blowing through their arses, whereas the QPR
players seemed to be going through another gear.

I really dislike know it alls such as yourself who seemingly think they know our own club's players better than us ourselves.

Tue May 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
DWQPR wrote:Should the heading not read "Next years LOAN targets" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically it is not about the players it is about how you play them and the fitness and dedication of the players. Your first move should be to remove Jones as he should be the one to blame for where you are. In January it was obvious that your major weakness was the defence, yet he signed one defender! Yesterday that all came home to roost. The dedication of certain players seems to be called into question given the stories that you read on this site about spotting players on the lash, this obviously shows a lack of dedication and also total lack of respect for the manager. I went to the QPR player of the year awards on Sunday night and the only player that I saw with a beer in his hand was Clint Hill, who happens to be out now for the remaining game of the season due to injury. The players RESPECT and LOVE Warnock, and they will not do anything to antagonise him. Finally the fitness, again, down to Jones. It was obvious when we played you the other week that from about 70 minutes on, once we had scored, many of your players were blowing through their arses, whereas the QPR
players seemed to be going through another gear.

I really dislike know it alls such as yourself who seemingly think they know our own club's players better than us ourselves.

Shame, call it a combination of reading your message board, (Samuel and Chopra once again on the piss by all accounts), and a keen observation. And lets be honest I didn't need a rocket scientist to tell you at Xmas that your defence was shite and Jones goes and buys somebody who could have solved that problem just by laying down in front of the goal, yet chooses to play him as another forward, Jon Parkin! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 03, 2011 5:04 pm

So you think our defence is shite ? OK :roll:

Hudson has had a tremendous season, McNaughton out of this world as you well know, and Paul Quinn has surprised us all ! Keinan has been a great signing (god knows what might've happened if he'd signed in the summer). Darcy Blake is reliable back-up across the back four, and of course Gerrard has been voted Hull's player of the year. Jlloyd Samuel (obviously well-known for his drinking antics these days), with the exception of yesterday, had been quite solid and shown that he was on the way back to full match-fitness. Bolton fans apparently rate him as well.

But Naylor has been a disaster, so was Riggott, having played less than 100 minutes of football for the club. Gyepes looks to be on the way out, having performed averagely.

The defence has obviously had pretty much no time to settle all season, which is obviously a major hindrance.

Tue May 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Basically it is not about the players it is about how you play them and the fitness and dedication of the players. Your first move should be to remove Jones as he should be the one to blame for where you are. In January it was obvious that your major weakness was the defence, yet he signed one defender! Yesterday that all came home to roost. The dedication of certain players seems to be called into question given the stories that you read on this site about spotting players on the lash, this obviously shows a lack of dedication and also total lack of respect for the manager. I went to the QPR player of the year awards on Sunday night and the only player that I saw with a beer in his hand was Clint Hill, who happens to be out now for the remaining game of the season due to injury. The players RESPECT and LOVE Warnock, and they will not do anything to antagonise him. Finally the fitness, again, down to Jones. It was obvious when we played you the other week that from about 70 minutes on, once we had scored, many of your players were blowing through their arses, whereas the QPR players seemed to be going through another gear.

totally agree with you about the fitness thing and unfortunately for us we have a manager with a passion for hitting the golf course so given the choice of extra training or the golf course the golf course wins every time.
Having said that when i was young enough to be playing rugby i was always taught that fitness was a personal thing and only your own dedication could get you to the highest level.
With regards to Warnock i believe with our squad of players he would have wrapped the league by the start of april if he had been managing them

Fri May 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:So you think our defence is shite ? OK :roll:

Hudson has had a tremendous season, McNaughton out of this world as you well know, and Paul Quinn has surprised us all ! Keinan has been a great signing (god knows what might've happened if he'd signed in the summer). Darcy Blake is reliable back-up across the back four, and of course Gerrard has been voted Hull's player of the year. Jlloyd Samuel (obviously well-known for his drinking antics these days), with the exception of yesterday, had been quite solid and shown that he was on the way back to full match-fitness. Bolton fans apparently rate him as well.

But Naylor has been a disaster, so was Riggott, having played less than 100 minutes of football for the club. Gyepes looks to be on the way out, having performed averagely.

The defence has obviously had pretty much no time to settle all season, which is obviously a major hindrance.

Gerrard has been HULL's player of the year not Cardiffs. That is like Manchester City taking the praise for Adebayors good performances for Madrid. Mate it might seem im picking on you but .... im really gaining entertainment out of your bullshit !

Fri May 20, 2011 4:03 pm

RobsonCCFC wrote:

Gerrard has been HULL's player of the year not Cardiffs. That is like Manchester City taking the praise for Adebayors good performances for Madrid. Mate it might seem im picking on you but .... im really gaining entertainment out of your bullshit !

Well since Hull are in the same league as us, and facing the same opposition, I thought it might be, uh.......relevant ?

Fri May 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
RobsonCCFC wrote:

Could be, except hes living in a different country, with different people, different culture, way of life, different house, different club ???????????????????? fakin dork :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
Well since Hull are in the same league as us, and facing the same opposition, I thought it might be, uh.......relevant ?

Fri May 20, 2011 4:21 pm

If you're talking about Adebayor, then I have no idea what he has to do with either Cardiff City or Anthony Gerrard !

He plays for Manchester City, the world's richest club, and currently on loan at Real Madrid, arguably the world's biggest club.

Fri May 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:If you're talking about Adebayor, then I have no idea what he has to do with either Cardiff City or Anthony Gerrard !

He plays for Manchester City, the world's richest club, and currently on loan at Real Madrid, arguably the world's biggest club.

Right you retard read what i said again thats what it has to do with Cardiff and Ant Gerrrard i was using it as an example. What has being the worlds richest club got to do with Cardiff as they are nowhere near that status :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 4:52 pm

RobsonCCFC wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:If you're talking about Adebayor, then I have no idea what he has to do with either Cardiff City or Anthony Gerrard !

Right you retard read what i said again thats what it has to do with Cardiff and Ant Gerrrard i was using it as an example. What has being the worlds richest club got to do with Cardiff as they are nowhere near that status :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, your punctuation/grammar/spelling make your points and arguments difficult to understand most of the time.

Have you ever been to school ?