Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I think we should sell McCormack

Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:42 am

MUST disagree with this!

our best player last season in my opinion, along aith our top goal scorer

starts the season of in amazing form against scunny with a man of the match performace, nearly every goal he had a part to play! playing very well against blackpool then he gets a bad injury. he should definately be in our starting eleven, id say infront of chopra at the moment

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:13 am

block a bluebird wrote:MUST disagree with this!

our best player last season in my opinion, along aith our top goal scorer

starts the season of in amazing form against scunny with a man of the match performace, nearly every goal he had a part to play! playing very well against blackpool then he gets a bad injury. he should definately be in our starting eleven, id say infront of chopra at the moment

I'd never have Ross in instead of Chopra, he's already scored more goals in open play than Ross did all last season.

The major issue for me at the moment is his apparent lack of fitness. He's always been stocky but he must be carrying over a stone compared to last season. He looked great out wide against Scunthorpe and started well behind the front two before he got injured against Blackpool so there is room for him. However, if he's not happy then we need to cash in.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:32 am

At the moment we prob wouldnt get much for him.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:58 am

He needs to stay off the Pop :oops:

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:59 am

He has hardly played this season and when he has has done very little to impress any scouts watching him, yes he was excellent last season but he has not put himself in the shop window so far this season so we would get very little offers for him in my opinion.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:10 am

piledriver64 wrote:The major issue for me at the moment is his apparent lack of fitness. He's always been stocky but he must be carrying over a stone compared to last season. He looked great out wide against Scunthorpe and started well behind the front two before he got injured against Blackpool so there is room for him. However, if he's not happy then we need to cash in.

I totally agree with everything you say mate. I have always been a major fan of Ross. Due to Football Manager I knew a bit about him before he signed and thought the money we got for him was a bargain. The trouble we have is that the players in his position are better than him when in-form but the likes of Whittingham and Burke will go through bad spells. Saying that, will McCormack be as awesome when he's not playing regularly.

I think Burke and Matthews' right hand side partnership is too well bonded to break up but Whittingham has arguably been our best player this season. Note I said arguably! :)

The way central midfield is going I would seriously consider putting Whittingham in the middle in McPhail's absence and shifting McCormack out onto the left. Or maybe even try McCormack in the middle? He is a terrier and could do a job? Let's face it, do we actually have anything to lose by gambling in the middle?

Like Annis stated, my only concern would be that in an effort to sell him we wouldn't get that much for him due to his weight, off the field problems and commitment issues.