Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea City FC Should Be A Premier League Club Tonight

Sat May 07, 2011 4:35 pm

Thats my opinion and I invite you to apply any moral or ethical measure to disprove that statement.

Today QPR FC have been found guilty by an FA IRC of using an unlicensed agent a charge which when proven carries a penalty of a 10 point deduction. For there to be any integrity in this game we all love rules, regulations and sanctions must be applied in a firm , fair and above all else a consistent manner the only reasonable conclusion to draw from this judgement is they have not.

Tonight Swansea City FC who have operated completely within the letter of ALL FA rules & regulations have been prevented from taking their place in the Premier League because of this flawed judgement which IMO leaves the FA morally and ethically bankrupt.

Tonight exactly what value do you apply to respecting the rules and regulations on football. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Swansea City FC Should Be A Premier League Club Tonight

Sat May 07, 2011 4:40 pm

in one of the papers today it said that neither us or swansea could appeal as we,re under the welsh f.a so they,d be stuffed ....but your right ....to f**k over qpr would,ve meant one of us welsh teams going up !!

Sat May 07, 2011 4:41 pm

castleblue wrote:Thats my opinion and I invite you to apply any moral or ethical measure to disprove that statement.

Today QPR FC have been found guilty by an FA IRC of using an unlicensed agent a charge which when proven carries a penalty of a 10 point deduction. For there to be any integrity in this game we all love rules, regulations and sanctions must be applied in a firm , fair and above all else a consistent manner the only reasonable conclusion to draw from this judgement is they have not.

Tonight Swansea City FC who have operated completely within the letter of ALL FA rules & regulations have been prevented from taking their place in the Premier League because of this flawed judgement which IMO leaves the FA morally and ethically bankrupt.

Tonight exactly what value do you apply to respecting the rules and regulations on football. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You are right. However in the case of Swansea (add in teams like Leicester, Coventry who have been in admin) they cheated their creditors via a CVA and because of their actions points deductions were introduced into the game. Wrexham FC were the first victims of cheating by the likes of Swansea, Leicester etc and because of this they are a non league club. What goes around comes around.

Sat May 07, 2011 4:52 pm

castleblue wrote:Thats my opinion and I invite you to apply any moral or ethical measure to disprove that statement.

totally agree the 'the jerks' should be celebrating promotion tonight they have been robbed, thankfully

Sat May 07, 2011 5:00 pm

There's some drivel spoken on this thread.

For using 6 unlicensed agents and making illegal payments, Luton received a 10 point penalty.
QPR were found guilty of using a FIFA and UEFA licensed agent who was 2 days shy of receiving his FA licence which was approved.

Bristol City did deals with completely unlicenced agents and only got a £15k penalty.

Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

MrJib wrote:There's some drivel spoken on this thread.

For using 6 unlicensed agents and making illegal payments, Luton received a 10 point penalty.
QPR were found guilty of using a FIFA and UEFA licensed agent who was 2 days shy of receiving his FA licence which was approved.

Bristol City did deals with completely unlicenced agents and only got a £15k penalty.

And QPR were fined £800K for bringing the game into disrepute quite a fine that, what exactly did the club do to warrant that. :? :? :? :? :?

Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

I do feel the FA have been very lenient regarding the QPR farce & the eventual outcome. Would the same have happened if Cardiff City FC were in the same position? Not wanting to take anything away from QPR's achivement, but it begs the question, doesn't it?

Sat May 07, 2011 5:09 pm

QPR announced that Faurlin signed for 'worth £3.5m' on their official site instead of the £600k he really cost in order to try and sell more season tickets. None of the supporters bought this for a moment, but apparently the FA did and then assumed that the rest of the money must have gone to a third party.

When QPR's blithering idiot chairman went to set the record straight telling the FA that it was a lie about the fee they didn't believe him and started the whole investigation. The FA never had any evidence that money actually went to a third party, they just assumed it.

Exaggerating a fee on your website doesn't break any FA rules, which is why they hit them with the 'bring the game into disrepute' charge to save face about their total bungled investigation.

Sat May 07, 2011 5:17 pm

MrJib wrote:QPR announced that Faurlin signed for 'worth £3.5m' on their official site instead of the £600k he really cost in order to try and sell more season tickets. None of the supporters bought this for a moment, but apparently the FA did and then assumed that the rest of the money must have gone to a third party.

When QPR's blithering idiot chairman went to set the record straight telling the FA that it was a lie about the fee they didn't believe him and started the whole investigation. The FA never had any evidence that money actually went to a third party, they just assumed it.

Exaggerating a fee on your website doesn't break any FA rules, which is why they hit them with the 'bring the game into disrepute' charge to save face about their total bungled investigation.

An £800K fine for that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I agree about the FA this whole thing is a farce and without that £800k fine I would say these charges should never ever have been made. That tells me QPR have done something a little more serious than tell a few fibs about a transfer fee.

But QPR did admit using an unlicensed agent and for that there is a precedent 10 point deduction :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 5:23 pm

castleblue wrote:

But I agree about the FA this whole thing is a farce and without that £800k fine I would say these charges should never ever have been made. That tells me QPR have done something a little more serious than tell a few fibs about a transfer fee.

But QPR did admit using an unlicensed agent and for that there is a precedent 10 point deduction :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It's nothing like the Luton case as I've pointed out above.

Sat May 07, 2011 5:32 pm

MrJib wrote:
castleblue wrote:

It's nothing like the Luton case as I've pointed out above.

And what about the £800k what exactly is that for again a few fibs over a transfer fee. Get Real :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat May 07, 2011 5:32 pm

I agree they should be . Been the biggest corrupt carve up in football history.

Sat May 07, 2011 5:33 pm

castleblue wrote:And what about the £800k what exactly is that for again a few fibs over a transfer fee. Get Real :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well obviously not any of the other charges since they were found not guilty.

Sat May 07, 2011 5:38 pm

MrJib wrote:
castleblue wrote:And what about the £800k what exactly is that for again a few fibs over a transfer fee. Get Real :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ARE YOU STAN?

Sat May 07, 2011 5:39 pm

So what you're saying is they should be but they're not

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sat May 07, 2011 5:39 pm

MrJib wrote:

Well answer me this Rio Ferdinand was fined £50,000 and banned for 8 months for missing a drugs test, not failing a drugs test. And you believe QPR have been fined 16 times that figure for telling a few fibs about a transfer fee :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now let me think which behaviour brings the game into disrepute more missing a drugs test or telling a fib about a transfer fee. I know which one I think ;)

Again what exactly have QPR done to deserve a fine of £800K :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 5:44 pm

MrJib wrote:

Please QPR FC approached to FL to informthem they are going to buyout a 3rd party investment agreement in a player, the FL refer this to the FA because 3rd party investment is prohibited under FA rules. Even my simple mind can work out that QPR had a player who was subject to a 3rd party agreement and that was contrary to FA regulations.

Result the most morally and ethically corrupt judgement in the history of British Football.

As I say tonight the FA are a morally BANKRUPT organisation. Bit like FIFA really :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 5:47 pm

castleblue wrote:Please QPR FC approached to FL to informthem they are going to buyout a 3rd party investment agreement in a player, the FL refer this to the FA because 3rd party investment is prohibited under FA rules. Even my simple mind can work out that QPR had a player who was subject to a 3rd party agreement and that was contrary to FA regulations.

Wow we could have avoided having the whole trial with your amazing insight. Maybe you should have emailed the FA with your findings and millions of pounds in legal fees could have been avoided.

Sat May 07, 2011 5:49 pm

castleblue wrote:
MrJib wrote:

Please QPR FC approached to FL to informthem they are going to buyout a 3rd party investment agreement in a player, the FL refer this to the FA because 3rd party investment is prohibited under FA rules. Even my simple mind can work out that QPR had a player who was subject to a 3rd party agreement and that was contrary to FA regulations.

Result the most morally and ethically corrupt judgement in the history of British Football.

As I say tonight the FA are a morally BANKRUPT organisation. Bit like FIFA really :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can the government get involved,if so in what ways

Sat May 07, 2011 5:50 pm

Totally agree.

Sat May 07, 2011 5:51 pm

MrJib wrote:
castleblue wrote:Please QPR FC approached to FL to informthem they are going to buyout a 3rd party investment agreement in a player, the FL refer this to the FA because 3rd party investment is prohibited under FA rules. Even my simple mind can work out that QPR had a player who was subject to a 3rd party agreement and that was contrary to FA regulations.

Wow we could have avoided having the whole trial with your amazing insight. Maybe you should have emailed the FA with your findings and millions of pounds in legal fees could have been avoided.

No I've got integrity not insight so I would have been disqualified from this process.

Notice you still haven't come up with a credible explanation for an £800K fine. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 5:57 pm

boxerbob wrote:Can the government get involved,if so in what ways

No

Sat May 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Just a thought but if QPR are absolutely guilty of telling lies on their website about the size of the transfer fee for Faurlin to boost season ticket sales, then that sounds very similar to what Mr Ridsdale did with our Golden Ticket Scam.

I wonder if Trading Standards should be given a call or will QPR threaten them with the High Court as well.

Sat May 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Just a thought but if QPR are absolutely guilty of telling lies on their website about the size of the transfer fee for Faurlin to boost season ticket sales, then that sounds very similar to what Mr Ridsdale did with our Golden Ticket Scam.

I wonder if Trading Standards should be given a call or will QPR threaten them with the High Court as well.

Brilliant Tony but I think the FA are going to be busy enough because lets face it what club hasn't told the odd porky about a transfer fee.

Remember Godfrey Ingram :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat May 07, 2011 6:12 pm

castleblue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Just a thought but if QPR are absolutely guilty of telling lies on their website about the size of the transfer fee for Faurlin to boost season ticket sales, then that sounds very similar to what Mr Ridsdale did with our Golden Ticket Scam.

Brilliant Tony but I think the FA are going to be busy enough because lets face it what club hasn't told the odd porky about a transfer fee.

Remember Godfrey Ingram :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Sat May 07, 2011 8:33 pm

d20 wrote:in one of the papers today it said that neither us or swansea could appeal as we,re under the welsh f.a so they,d be stuffed ....but your right ....to f**k over qpr would,ve meant one of us welsh teams going up !!

Swansea City have already earned the right on merit for someone like myself who has spent over 20 years in football administration the judgement offends me.

Today IMO football has lost something which must be at its core and thats integrity. A bad day for football :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: