Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Swansea City To Consider Legal Challenge To QPR Verdict "

Sat May 07, 2011 5:59 pm

SWANSEA chairman Huw Jenkins has left the door open to a possible challenge of the FA's decision not to dock champions Queens Park Rangers any points.

The league leaders were told at lunchtime today they will not face any deductions, ending any chance of Swansea being promoted automatically.

But after Swansea secured third place with a 4-0 win over Sheffield United, chairman Jenkins hinted they have not ruled out persuing legal action.

He said: "Everybody is keen to see what the decision is based on considering they took so long to come up with it.

"At one stage it seemed like there was a lot to answer for and then it seemed like there was little to answer for.

"Right now we have got to look forward to the games in front of us.

"When you look at the financial implications and what the Premier League brings, then we have got to look at the detail as well.

"We have just got to look at things on the field at the moment but we will look at things in more detail and the possible implications.

"We want to see what has gone on and how they have come to the decision they have.

"When we get the right information we will read it and take it from there."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28653212/

Go get the buggers Huw there is a case here with a possible £90m cheque at the end of it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Swansea City To Consider Legal Challenge To QPR Verdict

Sat May 07, 2011 6:01 pm

They are so bitter. It's pathetic. If we lose to them at Wembley I'll have to emigrate. :o

Sat May 07, 2011 6:03 pm

If we get there even>>> :ayatollah:

I hope they go for it,it would mean they didn't win the play off final.think about it.

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:They are so bitter. It's pathetic. If we lose to them at Wembley I'll have to emigrate. :o

Never mind Huw The Spew QPR have to worry about Ken Bates and Leeds Utd because they have lost out to this poor judgement.

This is likely to go on for years again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 6:07 pm

read today that them or us cant get it as we,re under the welsh fa

Sat May 07, 2011 6:07 pm

sleepwalker wrote:I hope they go for it,it would mean they didn't win the play off final.think about it.

No it won't have any bearing on the playoff process this is a matter for the civil courts now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 6:20 pm

Jacks have no money Spew Jenkins will shit himself at the legal costs. They've no money and the council can't help them because of the cuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat May 07, 2011 6:22 pm

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Jacks have no money Spew Jenkins will shit himself at the legal costs. They've no money and the council can't help them because of the cuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat May 07, 2011 7:52 pm

Christ, the lazy b*stard could have parked his tractor out of the way!

Although, it'd probably be seen as a status symbol down there i suppose?

Sat May 07, 2011 8:03 pm

I hate them beyond belief but i hope thay do sue the FA coz it all stinks.

Sat May 07, 2011 8:07 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I hate them beyond belief but i hope thay do sue the FA coz it all stinks.

Gwyn tonight the FA stand moral and ethically bankrupt :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 8:10 pm

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Jacks have no money Spew Jenkins will shit himself at the legal costs. They've no money and the council can't help them because of the cuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant see them employing those qpr reps, £700 per hour :lol:

Re: " Swansea City To Consider Legal Challenge To QPR Verdict "

Sat May 07, 2011 8:12 pm

All I will say is Cardiff City had instructed Lawyers as well and had met them, But We were not good enough to be above the Jacks and that Hurts :cry:

Sat May 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:All I will say is Cardiff City had instructed Lawyers as well and had met them, But We were not good enough to be above the Jacks and that Hurts :cry:

Spot on Annis DJ failure has cost this club a multi million pound law suit. Completely unacceptable the guy should have gone in December absolutely no doubt about it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 8:50 pm

Doesn't seem like he wants a legal challenge at all.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins accepts QPR ruling

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins has said he has accepted the Football Association's decision to fine Queens Park Rangers.

QPR have escaped a points deduction despite being found guilty of two charges relating to the signing of Alejandro Faurlin.

And Jenkins said the announcement will now allow his side to concentrate on the Championship play-off semi-finals.

"At least this puts an end to it," he stated. "We can all move forward.

"Nobody knows what the in's and out's were. They've obviously gone through that process and we've got to accept what's come our way."

Prior to their final match of the regular season against Sheffield United at the Liberty Stadium, Swansea were fourth in the Championship.

Jenkins was critical of the decision to delay the announcement of Rangers' fate, which was finally confirmed on Saturday.

"Obviously we did comment that perhaps the timing wasn't right. But I think in general we didn't get involved in any speculation," enkins. told BBC Radio Wales Sport.

"We focused on our game today and we were preparing for the play-offs. Whatever news came our way we would take and accept and move on.

"I suppose it's good to get something finalised and we can all move on and get on with what we need to do over the next few games and concentrate and focus on the play-offs."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13321601.stm

Sat May 07, 2011 8:54 pm

Of course, the full quote includes:

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins has said the club have not ruled out taking action following the FA's decision not to deduct points from QPR.

QPR escaped a deduction despite being found guilty of two charges relating to the signing of Alejandro Faurlin.

Having earlier accepted the ruling, Jenkins said his club will review their position after finishing third.

"Somebody needs to look at the detail involved and then we can perhaps take it from there," he said.

"I think everybody will be quite keen to see what the decision was based on, considering the fact they took so long to come out with any decision.

"It seemed there was a lot to answer at one stage but then today when you hear about the decision it seems very little to answer. If that was the case why has it taken so long?

"First and foremost, we've got to concentrate on the field, and from our point of view we can't hide from the fact we finished the highest position we've finished for probably nearly 30 years.

"We've got to take that on board but then, in this day and age with financial implications and what that brings with the Premier League, no doubt we better look at the detail as well."

Sat May 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Doesn't seem like he wants a legal challenge at all.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins accepts QPR ruling

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins has said he has accepted the Football Association's decision to fine Queens Park Rangers.

QPR have escaped a points deduction despite being found guilty of two charges relating to the signing of Alejandro Faurlin.

And Jenkins said the announcement will now allow his side to concentrate on the Championship play-off semi-finals.

"At least this puts an end to it," he stated. "We can all move forward.

"Nobody knows what the in's and out's were. They've obviously gone through that process and we've got to accept what's come our way."

Prior to their final match of the regular season against Sheffield United at the Liberty Stadium, Swansea were fourth in the Championship.

Jenkins was critical of the decision to delay the announcement of Rangers' fate, which was finally confirmed on Saturday.

"Obviously we did comment that perhaps the timing wasn't right. But I think in general we didn't get involved in any speculation," enkins. told BBC Radio Wales Sport.

"We focused on our game today and we were preparing for the play-offs. Whatever news came our way we would take and accept and move on.

"I suppose it's good to get something finalised and we can all move on and get on with what we need to do over the next few games and concentrate and focus on the play-offs."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13321601.stm

Stan one quote is before the game the other is after trust me when I tell you the guy has no class.

I hope you had a good day today and I mean that although for me football is the loser today and I'll tell you why following this judgement today in the court of public opinion QPR will be the club who broke the rules and got away with it.

We both know that the FAs flagship regulation on 3rd party ownership was totally discredited by QPR legal team on Wednesday and this whole clamback should have been brought to an end there and then. There was in UK law simply no case to answer and yet the club receives a record fine of £800k WHY? to allow the FA to get out of the whole and save face with the quid pro quo being no point deduction for breaking the rule on unlicensed agents.

It stinks but thats off the field stuff and on the field no one can ever doubt that the best team the class of this league from day are the Champions.

But at what price. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 9:16 pm

castleblue wrote: on the field no one can ever doubt that the best team the class of this league from day are the Champions

This is the line that we will be remembered for mate.

Any club that goes for a legal challenge with the FA now are in for an expensive ride. The decision has been made & its time to move on.

Sat May 07, 2011 11:04 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
castleblue wrote: on the field no one can ever doubt that the best team the class of this league from day are the Champions

This is the line that we will be remembered for mate.

Any club that goes for a legal challenge with the FA now are in for an expensive ride. The decision has been made & its time to move on.

Agree mate. It'll probably bankrupt them anyway.

Sun May 08, 2011 8:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:All I will say is Cardiff City had instructed Lawyers as well and had met them, But We were not good enough to be above the Jacks and that Hurts :cry:

Well done Annis.You are a man of integrity.

Sun May 08, 2011 8:12 am

blackswan wrote:

thing is blackswan the fa realise they had us both by the goolies because we were not affiliated to the english fa and that helped them with their decision.

Sun May 08, 2011 8:34 am

steve davies wrote:
blackswan wrote:

thing is blackswan the fa realise they had us both by the goolies because we were not affiliated to the english fa and that helped them with their decision.

Over the course of the season we both finished where we deserved to finish.I dont believe there was any conspiracy against ourselves and your club.I said on here before the match yesterday that they wouldn't deduct QPR points.They deserved to be champions as they were by far the best side over the 46 games.If it wasn't us then it would have been someone else complaining that the timing by the FA was all wrong.It just so happened that it was 2 welsh clubs and for that reason we or you thought it was a conspiracy.Swansea are not bitter over it all.That post about Huw Jenkins on here thinking of sueing is bullcrap.We're happy to be where we are and go into the playoffs very confident.Out of the 4 sides in contention we go into with the best mindset and im afraid you go into it with the worst.

Sun May 08, 2011 8:50 am

[blackswan"][="steve davies"]"blackswan"]"Forever Blue"]All I will say is Cardiff City had instructed Lawyers as well and had met them, But We were not good enough to be above the Jacks and that Hurts :cry:[/quote]
Well done Annis.You are a man of integrity.[/quote]

thing is blackswan the fa realise they had us both by the goolies because we were not affiliated to the english fa and that helped them with their decision
Over the course of the season we both finished where we deserved to finish.I dont believe there was any conspiracy against ourselves and your club.I said on here before the match yesterday that they wouldn't deduct QPR points.They deserved to be champions as they were by far the best side over the 46 games.If it wasn't us then it would have been someone else complaining that the timing by the FA was all wrong.It just so happened that it was 2 welsh clubs and for that reason we or you thought it was a conspiracy.Swansea are not bitter over it all.That post about Huw Jenkins on here thinking of sueing is bullcrap.We're happy to be where we are and go into the playoffs very confident.Out of the 4 sides in contention we go into with the best mindset and im afraid you go into it with the worst

just watching the sunday supplement on sky blackswan and to a man all the journalists said qpr have got away with it and should have had points deducted.
they were found guilty of two charges and the other 5 were not proven so qpr were not cleared of any charges.
both charges they were found guilty of carried points deductions because of the players and agents ineligibility.
they all agreed that if the hearing had been held a month earlier there would have been points deducted

Sun May 08, 2011 9:06 am

With the greatest amount of respect Steve,you should be glad that they went up automatic and not demoted to the playoffs.You wouldnt want to play them im sure.If anyone should be peeved off it should be us as we finished 3rd and would have gone up automatic.

We're all taking it well in Swansea.

Sun May 08, 2011 9:28 am

blackswan wrote:With the greatest amount of respect Steve,you should be glad that they went up automatic and not demoted to the playoffs.You wouldnt want to play them im sure.If anyone should be peeved off it should be us as we finished 3rd and would have gone up automatic.

Very true.

Sun May 08, 2011 12:45 pm

blackswan wrote:With the greatest amount of respect Steve,you should be glad that they went up automatic and not demoted to the playoffs.You wouldnt want to play them im sure.If anyone should be peeved off it should be us as we finished 3rd and would have gone up automatic.

you misunderstand me blackswan qpr deserved to go up and the league table never lies my disguntlement is with the fa who seem to stumble from one calamity to another and are more guilty of bringing the game into direpute than qpr ever were.

Sun May 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Good luck to Swansea because we know that whoever finished 3rd was going down this route.

The Swans would actually sue QPR not the FA so I don't think the Welsh FA thing is relevant because as Castle said this is now a civil court matter

That said having looked at the decision it is hard to see where Swansea would make a case that QPR had failed in a duty of care to them.

Putting the wrong fee on QPR's webstie and using an unlicenced agent (last season) who was days away from being licenced doesn't really give them grounds for seeking a multi-million pound compensation claim.

Before someone says that quitting them on the other 5 charges stinks, that might be so but unless Swansea can prove there was something untoward going on then there nowhere for them to go as a civil court would never interfere with the judgement of the IRC.