Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It's not been a great week, but...

Sat May 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Ok, so a few weeks back, finishing in the POs would have been bitter news to swallow.

Jones has made a few funny decisions. Some players have made some bad choices on (and possibly off) the pitch.

But we're still in a good position. I'm glad we're not playing Forest. They've been a boggie side to us in the last few years. Reading were on a screaming run of form until a few weeks ago. Like us, their last few weeks have been a bit more patchy. So we're playing a Reading side that's not in the form it was.

We've got the huge advantage of the second leg at home. If the atmosphere at CCS is as good as it can be, that's a huge advantage for us.

And IF we do get passed Reading - which we certainly can - then it's a cup final. A one off.

I really think everyones gotta pull together or there's no chance.

Review the everything at the end of the season. Be as critical as you want then. If you feel like calling for Jones's head then, fair enough. But not now. The only chance we've got is with everyone pulling in the same direction. There's no time at all before it begins. Let's be excited and optimistic.

BLOOOOOBIRDS. :ayatollah:

Re: It's not been a great week, but...

Sat May 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Agree :ayatollah:

Everyone's saying Reading are the form side, but they've gone off the boil a bit in recent weks - losing 3-2 at home to a relegated side in Sheffield United after being 2-0 up.

If anything, Forest are the form side !

Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Yeah... Reading and us are in a similar place. The key is to raise spirits quickly. Dave Jones and co. need to focus on that now. And we need to be behind the boys 100%. Save reviewing things until the end of the season. Go wild then. But for now, pull together guys.

I really have a feeling we'll do it this time.

Sat May 07, 2011 8:48 pm

Yeah - fate can't possibly be as cruel to us this time, as losing a final 2 years in a row would be absolutely unbearable - doesn't even bear thinking about !

I can't think of too many sides who've reached a play-off final 2 years in succession, but of course Millwall lost in 2009 to Scunthorpe but beat Swindon last season.