Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anthony Gerrard

Sat May 07, 2011 8:37 pm

As Hull's season is now over will return to Cardiff?

Is he eligible to play for us in the playoffs?

I'm not saying he should walk straight into the side but if Hudson is struggling with an injury then it's an option.

Then again he's in DJ's naughty book, so even if he does return he might not be considered.

Re: Anthony Gerrard

Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 pm

RobP wrote:As Hull's season is now over will return to Cardiff?

I'm not saying he should walk straight into the side but if Hudson is struggling with an injury then it's an option.

Then again he's in DJ's naughty book, so even if he does return he might not be considered.

Don't know the answer, but a good point though. :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 8:40 pm

He was asked on twitter a month ago and he didn't know. I wouldn't have thought he could tbh.

Hudson looked unfit, slow, and generally poor until he went off injured. Keinan and Kev must play CB IMO

Sat May 07, 2011 8:40 pm

good point that, and hes on form?

Sat May 07, 2011 8:45 pm

very good point!! we need some answers on this!!

Sat May 07, 2011 8:48 pm

ninianblue wrote:good point that, and hes on form?

He was on form during the run in last season and then dropped for the play off final. Baffling!

He's also been chipping in with the odd goal for Hull.

Sat May 07, 2011 8:49 pm

The answer is 100% No.

I don't have a link at the moment but I've read it before somewhere than the loan does not expire until the end of May.

All of our loan players fall under the same category and will be eligible for the play-offs.

Unless we recall him early, he will not be in the squad.

Sat May 07, 2011 8:51 pm

RobP wrote:

He was on form during the run in last season and then dropped for the play off final. Baffling!

Wrong on the first point - he'd been injured for both legs of the semi-final, so playing him in a final when he'd been totally unfit would've been a pretty big gamble.

Sat May 07, 2011 8:52 pm

DannyBluebird wrote:Unless we recall him early, he will not be in the squad.

so we could recall him early?

Sat May 07, 2011 8:54 pm

i'd much prefer Hudson, Keinan or even Blake to Gerrard, personally

He was one of the worst first team defenders ive seen down here in a long while in my opinion.

To be fair to him, he always showed passion and commitment which is a great start, but i would show more passion and commitment if i could play for Cardiff, doesnt make me good enough, facts are that i always thought he was liable to make a mistake with us, and his distribution from the back was absolutely awful!!! All he ever did was hoof long balls down field aimlessly!

Sat May 07, 2011 8:54 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
RobP wrote:

Wrong on the first point - he'd been injured for both legs of the semi-final, so playing him in a final when he'd been totally unfit would've been a pretty big gamble.

Fair enough, I stand corrected on that one.

But the team was on a good run with him before the injury.

Is this what lead to his falling out with DJ?

Sat May 07, 2011 10:30 pm

Even if he was eligible why would DJ bring him back and play him the reason he went out on loan was because they argued.

Sat May 07, 2011 10:36 pm

RobP wrote:As Hull's season is now over will return to Cardiff?

technically Id say yes, your not aloud to play for more than 3 teams in one season & he was loaned out until the end of the season which officially ended today.

Sat May 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Hmmm interesting point that one

Sat May 07, 2011 10:39 pm

RobP wrote:

No need to recall him season has finished so he is back at his parent club, us.

Sat May 07, 2011 10:55 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
RobP wrote:

No need to recall him season has finished so he is back at his parent club, us.

So If all season long loans are returned we lose oli? Bellers? ect ect?

My understanding is loans contract are until end of may.

Sun May 08, 2011 12:45 pm

ishmael miller is playing for west brom he was on loan at qpr

Sun May 08, 2011 1:15 pm

nantgarwblue wrote:ishmael miller is playing for west brom he was on loan at qpr

Delfonso was in the Villa squad yesterday after returning from his loan at Burnley so this looks like Gerrard is available to us. He is our player afterall. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 1:19 pm

so we could recall him early?[/quote]

No need to recall him season has finished so he is back at his parent club, us.[/quote]

So If all season long loans are returned we lose oli? Bellers? ect ect?

My understanding is loans contract are until end of may.[/quote]

Id imagine your season ends when you have no further fixtures to forfill

Sun May 08, 2011 1:30 pm

errard was on a season long loan so he cannot be called back. The season OFFICIALLY ends the 30th May went it is officially announced who the 3 teams are to go up.

Sun May 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:errard was on a season long loan so he cannot be called back. The season OFFICIALLY ends the 30th May went it is officially announced who the 3 teams are to go up.

The playing season ends on 31st May but the Championship league season has been completed so Gerrard returns to his parent club. We may have to ask permission for him to play but FL rules say that permission will not be unreasonably witheld, whatever that means. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Isn't it all an utterly pointless question, because the chances of DJ picking a player he's sent out from the club are between 0 and 0.1%...

Sun May 08, 2011 2:38 pm

FIFA rules are applicable and state that "the minimum loan period shall be the time between two registration periods." Therefore, Gerrard cannot return until the season formally ends and the transfer market/registration period re-opens.

Sun May 08, 2011 2:43 pm

As I understand it we could recall him if Hull agreed.

Sun May 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Cant see it somehow. Jones wouldnt play him. However, he has
turned into a bloody good defender up there. Next season when
Dave Jones is out on his ear, Gerrard will be like a new signing.
I dont see us getting past Reading anyway

Sun May 08, 2011 6:25 pm

castleblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:errard was on a season long loan so he cannot be called back. The season OFFICIALLY ends the 30th May went it is officially announced who the 3 teams are to go up.

The playing season ends on 31st May but the Championship league season has been completed so Gerrard returns to his parent club. We may have to ask permission for him to play but FL rules say that permission will not be unreasonably witheld, whatever that means. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Castle, I think we can not use him, as he is away from Cardiff for the total duration of Cardiff's season.

We keep Oli til 31st May. so I'm guessing thats when Gerrard is liable to return.

(It was me having the twitter convo with Ant.) ;)

Sun May 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Merlin wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Castle, I think we can not use him, as he is away from Cardiff for the total duration of Cardiff's season.

We keep Oli til 31st May. so I'm guessing thats when Gerrard is liable to return.

(It was me having the twitter convo with Ant.) ;)

Thats where the not unreasonably refused comes in. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: