Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SO COME ON DAVE JONES

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:59 am

Your squad is thin, players are unhappy and we the fans believe youve got no tactics or passion for our Club.
Peter cant sack you as he would have to pay you £800,000 to go and we havent got that money.
So why doesnt Dave Jones speak out and say he is unhappy with the backing from the board, its because life is so cushy for him and its like he is just happy to take his wage,plus exspenses etc and just ploud along in this division.

There is no go in the man as if there was he would be having a go at our board. Peter told us on Monday he has been going mad with him and the players, actually worse than mad, but DJ never speaks out. And you cant say he is doing his talking on the pitch.
If we dont reach the play offs this season that will be 5 yrs running DJ has failed.
Pls if there are any DJ fans on here tell me why he should stay. All opinions respected.

Re: SO COME ON DAVE JONES

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:12 am

Got to say i have not been a Dave Jones out person thought he was doing ok some of are play has been brilliant but after Sunday you can just see he has lost the dressing room again and he needs to go sorry

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:13 am

elliott wrote:Got to say i have not been a Dave Jones out person thought he was doing ok some of are play has been brilliant but after Sunday you can just see he has lost the dressing room again and he needs to go sorry

Elliot, he has lost the dressing badly i promise you.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:20 am

So why wont pr do anything the crowds are going to drop and i wont reniew my season ticket untill someting happens and i bet a lot more people are thinking the same

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:24 am

elliott wrote:So why wont pr do anything the crowds are going to drop and i wont reniew my season ticket untill someting happens and i bet a lot more people are thinking the same

I wont be either Elliot.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:28 am

I haven't been anti-Jones up to now because, in my eyes, every season we have improved. However, the minimum this season to maintain that improvement is to finish 6th, if that target isn't met then I think even DJ himself will know his days will be numbered.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:24 am

Maybe all we need is a fan to go in to the dressing room before the game to emphasize how much the game means. Seriously, it could work? Just get the Trust to draw out supporters from a hat, have them verified for mental illnesses to make sure they're not psychos (which will probably seriously handicap the ballot actually!) and get that individual to go in and give an awesome speech like Al Pacino's in Any Given Sunday!

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:29 am

To be honest im in a very negative frame of mind at the mo and probably wont bother going Sat.I think it started with the Jacks game and how a bunch of spaniards etc showed so much more passion in a local derby than our shower!Sunday i was handed the 5 year season ticket offer flyer and put it in my pocket,by 5pm it was in pieces and where it belonged ...on the floor.Something needs to be done ...........and quickly.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:44 am

I can't believe Pete got off so lightly at the meeting at the Muni. Saying he's had a go at Jones and the players was enough to satisfy the crowd apparently. But he's said it all before. How many times will he have a go at them before he ends it with "and so I'll have to replace you Dave, you're sacked."?

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:47 am

That would almost be a cheap a crowd pop as when Hulk Hogan goes Hulkamental! Sorry for the wrestling reference, it was the only comparison I could make!

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:40 pm

annis i wont be renewing my 3 season tickets until jones has gone,and i will not be going to another game this season.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Bloody Hell Hereford Blue,you must be on the same happy pills as me!!lol

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:52 pm

I like a few others above have never been a member of the Jones Out brigade , however after the showing in each of the last three and a half games (Forest first half wasn't quite as bad) I am now feeling DJ is scating on thin ice. That said £800k is more money than we CURRENTLY have and what options are there out there. Curbishley or Darren Ferguson! would this be progress?

Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:06 pm

if everyone decides not to go watch city for the rest of the season we will be in more shit so get behind our club they need us more than ever

Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:18 pm

I'm in the undecided camp about Dave Jones. He has done some very good stuff for the club, and you can't ignore that fact. However, all that is in the past and it is the present that really counts. If the stay aways become more obvious by the empty seats (rather than the crowd figure announced on the tannoy/big screen), he really isn't going to give a stuff. He won't know how we feel, which is something that needs to be hammered home as soon as possible. I'm not one for booing players during a game, but, if we have a bad performance and/or result v Preston, then the more people venting their feelings about the game has got to be better than staying away, surely?

Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:02 pm

well said nottage blue

Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:01 pm

i thought it was right to give dj another season but i've changed my mind now, theres been to many performences that have been totally unacceptable most of the games we have lost we can't even say we were unlucky in, you can accept being beaten by a better side but not being beaten through lack of effort by the players and the managers inept tactics, TIME TO GO DJ !