Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" To all forum members!!! "

Sat May 07, 2011 9:27 pm

SORT IT OUT!!!

We're about to go into some season defining games in the form of the play-offs. The negativity AGAIN (!!!) being generated on here isn't going to have a positive effect on the team, the manager or their performance.

As a few others on here have posted NOW is the time to get behind the team. We ARE (!!!) still in with a chance of promotion. Ok its dissappointing we couldn't do this automatically but we still CAN do it!!! The public deriding of the team and the doomsayers are going to do nothing but ramp up the pressure and de-motivate all involved in making the rubber hit the road in actually getting us there.

IF YOU REALLY ARE A SUPPORTER AND REALLY SUPPORT THE TEAM NOW IS THE TIME TO GET BEHIND THEM!!!

NOW IS THE TIME FOR USE THE FANS TO HELP THE PLAYERS ACHIEVE!!!

NOW IS THE TIME TO BE POSITIVE AND GET OFF OF THE PLAYERS BACKS!!!

Re: To all forum members!!!

Sat May 07, 2011 9:29 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: well said :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 9:31 pm

WE TRAVELLED IN OUR THOUSANDS, HUNDREDS OF MILES. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
WE SANG and WE CHEERED THE BLUEBIRDS ON AGAIN TODAY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tell them to Respect us/stop pissing it up,start battling/playing football AS WE ARE THERE NO MATTER WHAT

" READING READING HERE WE COME " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 9:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:WE TRAVELLED IN OUR THOUSANDS, HUNDREDS OF MILES. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tell them to Respect us/stop pissing it up,start battling/playing football AS WE ARE THERE NO MATTER WHAT

" READING READING HERE WE COME " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Liked the second part of your post Annis. just need to drop the first bit ;)

LETS GET BEHIND THEM NO MATTER WHAT AND PUSH THEM ONWAARDS AND UPWARDS!!!

Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 pm

im sorry . but i am deflated, city. to put it in 1 word . have been shit really, i dont think it was a very hard league, we have under acheived big time, this is a messageboard where you can let of steam, yes i will be supporting the team when it comes to it, but i havent seen anything from the city team for a number of games, to get me on a high for the play offs, as i said . give me untill wednesday, and then im putting on my positive head on :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 9:42 pm

ninianblue wrote:im sorry . but i am deflated, city. to put it in 1 word . have been shit really, i dont think it was a very hard league, we have under acheived big time, this is a messageboard where you can let of steam, yes i will be supporting the team when it comes to it, but i havent seen anything from the city team for a number of games, to get me on a high for the play offs, as i said . give me untill wednesday, and then im putting on my positive head on :ayatollah:

No disrespect as I udnerstand how you feel but the way things are goingon here, if the players read the board then the dmage might already be done by then

Sat May 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
ninianblue wrote:im sorry . but i am deflated, city. to put it in 1 word . have been shit really, i dont think it was a very hard league, we have under acheived big time, this is a messageboard where you can let of steam, yes i will be supporting the team when it comes to it, but i havent seen anything from the city team for a number of games, to get me on a high for the play offs, as i said . give me untill wednesday, and then im putting on my positive head on :ayatollah:

No disrespect as I udnerstand how you feel but the way things are goingon here, if the players read the board then the dmage might already be done by then

i understand what your saying , but, im not going to say , im really up for this. the boys have been great, we got nothing to fear, there playing good football at the moment and i cant see anyone beating us :roll:

Sat May 07, 2011 9:48 pm

I agree and what better way than to go up seeing our team lift the play off trophy at Wembley Stadium! And that could be against the Jacks too!

Sat May 07, 2011 9:52 pm

Were you there today? Were you there on Monday?

We turn up every week rain or shine (Annis it wasn't Santa Ponsa today, you know what I mean :P), if we had the same attitudes that our players had to their jobs we'd be sacked. If their reading the board then they need to be criticised, lets be fair, if I was getting paid a few grand a week I wouldn't be doing what they've done, I'd be doing hell of an lot more. So lets be fair to our fans, first time we've finished below the jacks for 15-17 years, only 1 or 2 players that today for me showed their worth. Don't EVER criticise the people that pay a lot of HARD EARNED cash to follow Cardiff City, we'll be there before, during and after the players have gone!!!

Sat May 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Peely CCFC PT wrote:Were you there today? Were you there on Monday?

We turn up every week rain or shine (Annis it wasn't Santa Ponsa today, you know what I mean :P), if we had the same attitudes that our players had to their jobs we'd be sacked. If their reading the board then they need to be criticised, lets be fair, if I was getting paid a few grand a week I wouldn't be doing what they've done, I'd be doing hell of an lot more. So lets be fair to our fans, first time we've finished below the jacks for 15-17 years, only 1 or 2 players that today for me showed their worth. Don't EVER criticise the people that pay a lot of HARD EARNED cash to follow Cardiff City, we'll be there before, during and after the players have gone!!!

I know exactly what you mean and Totally agree with every word you've just said :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 9:58 pm

I wasn't there today. I've not tended to go to away games except Plymouth away last season and the season before as I have family down that way. But I've been there at home all season and from next season so will my 5 yr old son!!! Already got my ticket for a week Tuesday too!!!

NOW IS NOT A TIME TO TURN ON EACH OTHER!!! BEHIND THE TEAM ALL THE WAY!!! FOR BETTER FOR WORSE BUT LETS PUSH THEM ACROSS THE FINISH LINE TO ACHIEVE OUR DREAM!!!1

I'D RATHER BE POSITIVE AND PUSH US OVER THE LINE THAN GET NEGATIVE AND DRAG THE TEAM DOWN!!!

(my first ever sticky on here. Woo! Hoo!)

Sat May 07, 2011 10:00 pm

YES, WE'LL BE THERE BEFORE AND AFTER BUT THE WAY WE ARE ON HERE ITS FEELING AND LOOKING LIKE WE'VE DESERTED THEM IN THE 'DURING'!!!

Sat May 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

do you not think that they have brought this on themselves :ayatollah:

Re: " To all forum members!!! "

Sat May 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:Yes!

SMASH THE JACKS AT WEMBLEY!!!!

LETS US FANS NOT SPUNK IT LIKE CERTAIN PLAYERS DID, WE'LL LEAD BY EXAMPLE AND GIVE "OUR PRESENT MANAGER" A LESSON IN MOTIVATION. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 10:03 pm

krab wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

I DON'T CARE. ALL I WANT IS MY TEAM IN THE PREMIERSHIP!!! AND THAT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN BY US DEMOTIVATING THEM OR GETTING NEGATIVE. POSITIVITY IS THE WORD!!! AND IF ANNIS WILL ALLOW THIS TO STAY A STICKY THROUGH THE PLAYOFFS LETS MAKE IT THE OFFICIAL POSITIVITY POST!!!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!!!

Sat May 07, 2011 10:13 pm

Push them across the finish line, what do they want a wheel and barrow and a digger to push it???

This team has got all our support, we'll support them through thick and thin, ala 3000 fans going to Burnley today, BUT, and i mean a bigger BUT than CAPS LOCK can tell you, BUT, when they finally realise their NO bigger than the club, OUR club, (Bellamy knows the score, I don't think he realised before he came but he does know) they will finally wake up and smell the coffee, beer and anything else they wanna bloody drink that despite all the money they pick up every week there's people like me and a lot of the forum buses/supporters buses and everyone else that went today that spent £100 plus or minus a few quid that could have spent it on food etc. If they'd put a decent effort in with a bit of gut and bottle then I, like a couple of thousand others wouldn't have minded, but they didn't

Sat May 07, 2011 11:12 pm

It's down to the players to redeem themselves and put in the performances.
They can be known as the team that got us up to the premier league or a team of nearly men.

We have the ability to beat anyone, but how much do they want it.

Sun May 08, 2011 3:27 am

question of respect and mentallity...how many of the current squad would run through a brick wall for the gaffer....they should be hanging on his every word,but his attitude one of arrogance is a negative factor,man managers can handle ego,s,teams and squads but there is defo a breakdown driven by dj...if he commanded the dressing room and had the ship in order,players wouldnt be out on the piss and spouting off...after six years it shouldnt be a question of motivation,i see martyn margetson on the sidelines with more passion and desire,and after six years if ur reliant upon others to motivate around you then im affraid thats a poor show...as for people against negative forum posts,i for one am fully commited to the players and wish them every success in the playoff shake up,but if they had positive mental attitude and that winning mentally then all the negative press in the world wouldnt effect you,it should spure you on to achieve what all us bloobirds want...and it may also be helpfull to avoid writing headlines themselves for the wrong reasons..players and mangers come and go but cardiff city will allways be,and the fans will always be so i would suggest the players and jonesy seize this oppotunity to write a new chapter in our history and reward the fans for their loyal support...up the city....good luck bluebirds...

Sun May 08, 2011 7:03 am

bailers wrote:question of respect and mentallity...how many of the current squad would run through a brick wall for the gaffer....they should be hanging on his every word,but his attitude one of arrogance is a negative factor,man managers can handle ego,s,teams and squads but there is defo a breakdown driven by dj...if he commanded the dressing room and had the ship in order,players wouldnt be out on the piss and spouting off...after six years it shouldnt be a question of motivation,i see martyn margetson on the sidelines with more passion and desire,and after six years if ur reliant upon others to motivate around you then im affraid thats a poor show...as for people against negative forum posts,i for one am fully commited to the players and wish them every success in the playoff shake up,but if they had positive mental attitude and that winning mentally then all the negative press in the world wouldnt effect you,it should spure you on to achieve what all us bloobirds want...and it may also be helpfull to avoid writing headlines themselves for the wrong reasons..players and mangers come and go but cardiff city will allways be,and the fans will always be so i would suggest the players and jonesy seize this oppotunity to write a new chapter in our history and reward the fans for their loyal support...up the city....good luck bluebirds...

Great post and spot on,i understand where natman is coming from and yes we should as fans get behind them, but have they responded to that support and the answer in most cases is NO. Bellamey is one of the few who appears to know we are there and what it means to us. I don't think as fans we can raise our level of support but i know that the team certainly can. So the ball literally is in their own court.

Sun May 08, 2011 9:24 am

This is a two way street and it's like a chicken and egg scenario. If the fans sing, it lifts the players. If the payers are commited it lifts the fand encourages them to sing.

Here is where I sit (and it certainly isn't on any fence);

Against QPR at home the atmosphere was the best ever at the new ground. This has nothing to do with the fact it was the biggest crowd. It's the fact that from the very first whistle we competed. We attacked every ball in the air. We hassled QPR every time they were in posession. We attempted to win every second ball and that lifted the whole ground to a new level. The fact that we haven't showed that hunger throughout the season meant we didn't have the stamina to sustain it. I was proud of the team that day. I am always proud of my club but rarely the team but this game, the Jacks away and coming from two down to beat the Wurzels 3-2 at our place made me proud. I cant think of any others.

I hope the players and manager do read this board because I have a few things to say;

Dave Jones came on the TV after the Midlesbrough game and said 'I'm sure to some this feels like the end of the world'. I find that so arrogant and belittling it really makes me angry and here's my response.

Dave, South Wales is in it's entirety is a non-affluent area. Lots of Cardiff City fans (the majority) come from deprived areas some bordering on poverty. These fans travel the length and breadth of the country to follow their team. Some, the young especially default on bill payments etc. to afford a ticket to attend games. In response to your team not even turning up. You come out with that statement leaves me in disbelief. I do not have explain my feelings over this it's obvious......

What else the South Wales people are is LOYAL. We are like a puppy. No matter how many times you kick us we will be back. So, in a nut-shell you and your team do the business against Reading, take us to Wembley and then on to the promised land you will be forgiven. So from a working class boy from the Rhondda please take note;

Ensure the boys are fired up for Reading and dont let us down. If like the QPR game the team come out and compete from first to last you and the team will have 100% backing from the fans. This isn't a 'if you dont win we want you sacked threat'. All this is, is try hard and if we lose to the better side we can live with that. Cut the arrogance and dont give a f**k attitude or you will be hounded out. Dont let us down!!!!

Come on CITY!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 9:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:WE TRAVELLED IN OUR THOUSANDS, HUNDREDS OF MILES. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well said Annis
They could have respected us yesterday.
Im unemployed and still support City home and away.
Reading here we come :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 12:36 pm

01443casual wrote:What else the South Wales people are is LOYAL.

Ave crowd with season. 24k.
Crowd when we were at the bottom level :- 2.5-4k.

Outside a hardcore, let's be blunt, most fans are "loyal" when we're highly placed.

Sun May 08, 2011 5:42 pm

We have a shit manager, a team full of late night boozing short contract players, we finished below Swansea, owe millions to creditors and stadium where the atmosphere is patchy at best.

OUR NAMES ON THE PLAY-OFF TROPHY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 5:52 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:We have a shit manager, a team full of late night boozing short contract players, we finished below Swansea, owe millions to creditors and stadium where the atmosphere is patchy at best.

It's sad that you feel the need to put a depressing spin on what supporting Cardiff City is at the moment like that.

I feel sorry for you if you genuinely let the above plague you at a football match and in day to day life.

Sun May 08, 2011 6:02 pm

well said Fella, sorry Sheriff, sorry Chief, oh i can't say that can i ? :lol: Oh f**k it that was a top post mate :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 6:28 pm

great post mate

Sun May 08, 2011 7:59 pm

krab wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Yes they Have 100% Kevin, Our Fans spend Fortunes on following Our Club and give Hours of their time up, These players Dont give a f**k for Our Fans, except for one player and thats a Fact Craig Bellamy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:05 pm

When I go to Reading on Friday and then the home game next Tuesday I WILL SUPPORT THEM FOR THE FULL 90 Mins plus and CHEER/SING and CLAP THEM ON, But this is a Forum where We should be able to discuss our views/opinions and be HONEST ABOUT HOW WE REALLY FEEL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:When I go to Reading on Friday and then the home game next Tuesday I WILL SUPPORT THEM FOR THE FULL 90 Mins plus and CHEER/SING and CLAP THEM ON, But this is a Forum where We should be able to discuss our views/opinions and be HONEST ABOUT HOW WE REALLY FEEL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Very true Annis; unfortunately a few people are being 'told off' for this by other posters

Sun May 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:When I go to Reading on Friday and then the home game next Tuesday I WILL SUPPORT THEM FOR THE FULL 90 Mins plus and CHEER/SING and CLAP THEM ON, But this is a Forum where We should be able to discuss our views/opinions and be HONEST ABOUT HOW WE REALLY FEEL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

yes, but do u think it might all seem a bit fake and thin to the players if we are slagging the off on here and cheering them on saturday. i bet what's going round their minds is "i know what you really think"

Now our season is on a knife edge.

LETS GET BEHIND THEM AND SAVE ALL THIS TILL ONCE THE SEASON IS UP. FROM NOW ON POSITIVITY AND ENCOURAGEMENT TO ACHIEVE OUR DREAMS!!!