Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " To all forum members!!! "

Sun May 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:Here are some uplifting snipets from an interview with Bellers in today's Sunday Mirror:

"How can you be disapointed to get into the playoffs? Cardiff City have never been in the Premier League, they've never played at the top level fo nearly 50 years. What happened in the final last year was a year ago. We're a better team this season. We can go that one step further"

"I've never been involved in playoffs and I'm excited about it. These games are so big, there's the opportunity to play at Wembley. How can you be down going into that?"

"I've played in the premier league for 10 years. For Cardiff to get there would be a life-changing experience. It's the opportunity of a lifetime. You can sense it, but you have got to be brave enough to take the next step."

"Bellamy revealed on Friday that he is so determined to lift his home city club into the big-time that he will remain there next season if they fail to achieve their dream."

"I promised myself, my kids, my friends and those close to me that I would get this club into the premier league, he said"

"There's so much doom and gloom about the playoffs here. People say 'Don't let it be the playoffs' and I feel like shaking them."

"This is our opportunity to write history that wil live long in the memory."

:ayatollah:

What can I say....this man is a Cardiff City legend. He truly loves this club, and I for one would rather him playing here next season than any other player in the world. There is not better player than a home town boy with an undying passion for his team.

I say, step aside Dave Jones and let Bellamy do the team talk in the next 3 games.....if only a small amount of his enthusiasm and passion rubs off on the other boys, we will be just fine.

Well, reading this article perked me up after a shite week for the club, and I thought I'd share this with you all.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:29 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:When I go to Reading on Friday and then the home game next Tuesday I WILL SUPPORT THEM FOR THE FULL 90 Mins plus and CHEER/SING and CLAP THEM ON, But this is a Forum where We should be able to discuss our views/opinions and be HONEST ABOUT HOW WE REALLY FEEL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

yes, but do u think it might all seem a bit fake and thin to the players if we are slagging the off on here and cheering them on saturday. i bet what's going round their minds is "i know what you really think"

Now our season is on a knife edge.

LETS GET BEHIND THEM AND SAVE ALL THIS TILL ONCE THE SEASON IS UP. FROM NOW ON POSITIVITY AND ENCOURAGEMENT TO ACHIEVE OUR DREAMS!!!

NO I def dont, THEY SHOULD REALISE and FEEL SOME OF THE HURT WE FEEL, AS WE LOVE OUR CLUB, I WILL NEVER EVER DESERT MY CLUB :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:31 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:When I go to Reading on Friday and then the home game next Tuesday I WILL SUPPORT THEM FOR THE FULL 90 Mins plus and CHEER/SING and CLAP THEM ON, But this is a Forum where We should be able to discuss our views/opinions and be HONEST ABOUT HOW WE REALLY FEEL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Very true Annis; unfortunately a few people are being 'told off' for this by other posters

Adam, This Forum Allows people/fans to be Honest and Speak their Mind, without name calling or sniping. WE LOVE OUR CLUB and WE ARE HURTING and THE PLAYERS NEED TO KNOW THIS, Their Performances and Antics off the pitch are a DISGRACE, BUT WE ARE STILL 100% BEHIND OUR CLUB :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

yes, but do u think it might all seem a bit fake and thin to the players if we are slagging the off on here and cheering them on saturday. i bet what's going round their minds is "i know what you really think"

Now our season is on a knife edge.

LETS GET BEHIND THEM AND SAVE ALL THIS TILL ONCE THE SEASON IS UP. FROM NOW ON POSITIVITY AND ENCOURAGEMENT TO ACHIEVE OUR DREAMS!!!

NO I def dont, THEY SHOULD REALISE and FEEL SOME OF THE HURT WE FEEL, AS WE LOVE OUR CLUB, I WILL NEVER EVER DESERT MY CLUB :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Come on Annis!!! Smile!!! Be positive, its be proven to have benefit health implications as opposed to negativity and frowning :D

Sun May 08, 2011 8:38 pm

NO I def dont, THEY SHOULD REALISE and FEEL SOME OF THE HURT WE FEEL, AS WE LOVE OUR CLUB, I WILL NEVER EVER DESERT MY CLUB :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Come on Annis!!! Smile!!! Be positive, its be proven to have benefit health implications as opposed to negativity and frowning :D[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I AM SMILING NOW I PROMISE YOU :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

Very true Annis; unfortunately a few people are being 'told off' for this by other posters

Adam, This Forum Allows people/fans to be Honest and Speak their Mind, without name calling or sniping. WE LOVE OUR CLUB and WE ARE HURTING and THE PLAYERS NEED TO KNOW THIS, Their Performances and Antics off the pitch are a DISGRACE, BUT WE ARE STILL 100% BEHIND OUR CLUB :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exactly right. It's not being negative either, it's purely the truth :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 6:49 am

DaveSheffield wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:We have a shit manager, a team full of late night boozing short contract players, we finished below Swansea, owe millions to creditors and stadium where the atmosphere is patchy at best.

It's sad that you feel the need to put a depressing spin on what supporting Cardiff City is at the moment like that.

I feel sorry for you if you genuinely let the above plague you at a football match and in day to day life.

My post was a pissed take aimed at being positive despite all that has gone on. The fact you need to edit it by deleting the final line so you could make a silly snipe is rather sad in the extreme.

Mon May 09, 2011 7:15 am

Again Cardiff find themselves in another great position for the football club BUT do the players want it more than the fans do and what do the Club officials want out of this ?? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 2:20 pm

nerd wrote:
01443casual wrote:What else the South Wales people are is LOYAL.

Ave crowd with season. 24k.
Crowd when we were at the bottom level :- 2.5-4k.

Outside a hardcore, let's be blunt, most fans are "loyal" when we're highly placed.

The fans were there it was just too painfull! as im exiled on the east now,i only get to away games like Norwich/ipswich liecester and i was at all our london games..But if we were in league 2,i dont think i wouldve gone to that many :(

PS Norwich papers EDP and EEN were saying that on saturday night,all the bars and clubs in the city almost ran out of beer because of the celebrating going on to 4.am(i was in the city centre and it was mental!) But as i told my mate and bro in law,if cardiff go up,the WHOLE OF WALES WILL BE DRUNK DRY!!!

Mon May 09, 2011 2:31 pm

01443casual wrote:This is a two way street and it's like a chicken and egg scenario. If the fans sing, it lifts the players. If the payers are commited it lifts the fand encourages them to sing.

Here is where I sit (and it certainly isn't on any fence);

Against QPR at home the atmosphere was the best ever at the new ground. This has nothing to do with the fact it was the biggest crowd. It's the fact that from the very first whistle we competed. We attacked every ball in the air. We hassled QPR every time they were in posession. We attempted to win every second ball and that lifted the whole ground to a new level. The fact that we haven't showed that hunger throughout the season meant we didn't have the stamina to sustain it. I was proud of the team that day. I am always proud of my club but rarely the team but this game, the Jacks away and coming from two down to beat the Wurzels 3-2 at our place made me proud. I cant think of any others.

I hope the players and manager do read this board because I have a few things to say;

Dave Jones came on the TV after the Midlesbrough game and said 'I'm sure to some this feels like the end of the world'. I find that so arrogant and belittling it really makes me angry and here's my response.

Dave, South Wales is in it's entirety is a non-affluent area. Lots of Cardiff City fans (the majority) come from deprived areas some bordering on poverty. These fans travel the length and breadth of the country to follow their team. Some, the young especially default on bill payments etc. to afford a ticket to attend games. In response to your team not even turning up. You come out with that statement leaves me in disbelief. I do not have explain my feelings over this it's obvious......

What else the South Wales people are is LOYAL. We are like a puppy. No matter how many times you kick us we will be back. So, in a nut-shell you and your team do the business against Reading, take us to Wembley and then on to the promised land you will be forgiven. So from a working class boy from the Rhondda please take note;

Ensure the boys are fired up for Reading and dont let us down. If like the QPR game the team come out and compete from first to last you and the team will have 100% backing from the fans. This isn't a 'if you dont win we want you sacked threat'. All this is, is try hard and if we lose to the better side we can live with that. Cut the arrogance and dont give a f**k attitude or you will be hounded out. Dont let us down!!!!

Come on CITY!!!!!! :ayatollah:

great post, worth quoting :ayatollah: :ayatollah: