Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Way To Win The Playoffs

Sat May 07, 2011 10:17 pm

Formation - 4-2-3-1

----------------------------------------Heaton-----------------------------------------

--Quinn----------------------Hudson--------------Keinan----------------McNaughton

------------------------------McPhail (Blake)-------------Bellamy----------------------------

--------Burke----------------------------Koumas------------------------------JET (Whitts)

------------------------------------ -Bothroyd----------------------------------------

Basically, Oli on current form is a massive liability. He goes forward, gets lost and at times is so lethargic its a joke to be honest. Leighterwood would have the run of the park with him there to be fair on his current form. Personally, I think we should stick Bellamy and McPhail or Blake in there. Two engines we need who will run the pitch for 90 minutes. Bellamy can get back deep as he did against Donny and he can break through the middle or go left or right from deep. He has the pace and the skill to do so. Then bring on Chopra when the opponents are tired. Reading's defenders are not the fastest and I think we should keep Chopra to bring on around the 60-65 minute mark to try and get in behind the back four.

Under this formation, Bellamy can link up with Koumas and Bothroyd through the middle or overlap on Whitts on the flank or run inside for Whitts to slip him a pass through. I don't expect Jones to do anything of the sort though because he'll stick with the same mundane 4-4-2.

This will work, believe me! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: The Way To Win The Playoffs

Sat May 07, 2011 10:24 pm

interesting
its an ambitious formation with some valid points but for me theres no way craig can be played deep,against palace and ipswich he was completely wasted ,

Re: The Way To Win The Playoffs

Sat May 07, 2011 10:32 pm

englishbluebird wrote:interesting
its an ambitious formation with some valid points but for me theres no way craig can be played deep,against palace and ipswich he was completely wasted ,

We need two engines who will break up everything in front of the back four and retrieve possession in my opinion. The three players who I've seen put in a good shift this season at times are Bellamy, McPhail and Blake. I'd personally play Bellamy deep and allow him to break on the opposition with flair. He'd get back easy too. Look at what he did against Donny in the 4-0 win. Okay it was his debut and everyone was on a high, but he went deep and played a lovely long ball up to set up a goal. His long range passing at times is just unbelievable and I believe playing him up front where he could be out of the game and quieter than he should be could be wasting the sheer amount of skill he has.

Or even play Bellamy where Koumas is and play Blake and McPhail in CDM and Koumas on the bench. That way Bellamy can still play deep as well as attack and we still have the two combative midfielders to break up play.

If Jones goes with a 4-4-2 then we're going to lose unless Reading have an off day.