Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Parkin

Sun May 08, 2011 8:32 am

I like Parkin I think he makes a nuisance of his self and our defence couldn't handle him when we've played Preston in the past... I know it's a risk but would anybody else consider chucking him in the deep end and starting him against reading instead of bothroyd. I didn't go yesterday so dont know how bothroyd performed. It would be hell of a risk but reading won't expect it and you never know it could work. I think bothroyd has been given enough chances now and he's just not doing his job......... Unless his job his falling to the floor and strolling around like he can't be bothererd :lol: :ayatollah:

Re: Parkin

Sun May 08, 2011 8:51 am

I agree, lets make a change could be a risk but he deserve a chance, maybe switch it half-time and bring beast on if its not working again with Jay. DJ wont drop Jay thats a guaranteed even if he was 1 of the lads out until 4am with or without a drink not acceptable on that dreaded Monday. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:57 am

Why didn,t dj bring parkin on yesterday???? also i think he should have started with jet instead of burke!!!!!!!

Sun May 08, 2011 9:00 am

cityone wrote:Why didn,t dj bring parkin on yesterday???? also i think he should have started with jet instead of burke!!!!!!!

Burke has been poor the last few games.

Sun May 08, 2011 9:07 am

Magners wrote:
cityone wrote:Why didn,t dj bring parkin on yesterday???? also i think he should have started with jet instead of burke!!!!!!!

What about Oli! :lol:

I dont know why everybody creams over him! He's an average player who tends to just walk around and get caught out of position and is then unable to close anyone down as he' has left players so open in the middle he can't even pressure him. He's got lucky with a few goals by being in the right place at the right time. Goes missing alot during games, is clumsy and usually spends the game walking around like a headless chicken! A championship player at best. and im being serious! Rather play Koumas.....

Sun May 08, 2011 9:40 am

In trainning last week Parkin looked like he was an old man, he was really huffing and puffing behined the others in the run around. He maybe a nice guy , but to be honest I think he is going to be another kind of Keogh and a much larger scale.
He is never going to set the team on fire.

Sun May 08, 2011 9:44 am

Merlin wrote:
Magners wrote:

What about Oli! :lol:

I dont know why everybody creams over him! He's an average player who tends to just walk around and get caught out of position and is then unable to close anyone down as he' has left players so open in the middle he can't even pressure him. He's got lucky with a few goals by being in the right place at the right time. Goes missing alot during games, is clumsy and usually spends the game walking around like a headless chicken! A championship player at best. and im being serious! Rather play Koumas.....

Koumas and Oli are completley different types of player though. I agree with Oli being rubbish lately, but I think he's one of these players that needs definitive instructions about what his job is - he's supposed to be a defensive midfielder, has the attributes for it, but DJ seems to use him in every roll but that one.

Sun May 08, 2011 9:56 am

Thats exactly what my mates at Burnley said yesterday. :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 9:58 am

It was important to put our best side, ability wise, out yesterday in order to redeem themselves and show they care.

Some did not. Perhaps it may be time for passion over ability - in moderation of course.

Sun May 08, 2011 9:59 am

To be honest with you, oil know his job and knows it well, I think DJ has told him to get forward as much as he can. But he is not a player that can run run run, and then get back to cover, hes a bit too big for that. He need to sit in midfield and break up an attack. Its people like whits that should be running from Midfield and backing up Jay and Bellers , but all whits wants to do is spray ball up front, I have said it many times, Whits will not make a run even when he has load of space infrony of him.
Most of the time he wont even go into a 50/50 ball , he will just put his leg out with no real intent. I think this is pointed out to him at half time ,as I have notice he does do a little more in the second half,a little more but too late.

Sun May 08, 2011 10:00 am

welshcitydragon wrote:To be honest with you, oil know his job and knows it well, I think DJ has told him to get forward as much as he can. But he is not a player that can run run run, and then get back to cover, hes a bit too big for that. He need to sit in midfield and break up an attack. Its people like whits that should be running from Midfield and backing up Jay and Bellers , but all whits wants to do is spray ball up front, I have said it many times, Whits will not make a run even when he has load of space infrony of him.
Most of the time he wont even go into a 50/50 ball , he will just put his leg out with no real intent. I think this is pointed out to him at half time ,as I have notice he does do a little more in the second half,a little more but too late.

That's what I was alluding to in my post :ayatollah: