Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TONIGHT'S UPDATE

Sun May 08, 2011 9:50 am

I will not be doing a name and shame update and I don't know where that suggestion has come from, whoever believes or thinks that I would write an update of that kind in the lead up to the play off's is sadly misguided.

There will be no update tonight as there is enough for everyone to be talking about and thinking about with the play off's looming.

We have all heard the stories and we are all clearly and rightly angry but we have had 5 days to try and come to terms with what has gone on but we really do need to contain that anger and channel it into an energy that can hopefully bring some positivity.

The Play Off's are going to be nail biting affairs as we know from previous season's, we have tasted the success and the felt the lows but unless we give it our all then we will have let ourselves down and our club.

Yes certain players have let us down and I hope they are released/sold from the club at the end of the campaign whoever they are. They have no place in our club.They do not deserve our club.They do not warrant our support.

But the Club will always be our club, not Dave Jones' club, not Gethin Jenkins' club, not the Malaysian's club, not anybody's other than ours. The people that run the club are paid professionals to do exactly that, run it.

But we bring the passion, we bring the atmosphere, we hold the expectations. Our Dream.

As much as the Play Off's were not the plan this year they should be looked at as a failure before we even play a game.

There were 3 sides relegated from the Premier League last season and none of those 3 sides made the top 6. That is a huge achievement to those who did make the top 6.

So let's all give it one last push and do our bit and hopefully everything from the talent we have to lady luck will see us succeed but until then do not give up hope :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: TONIGHT'S UPDATE

Sun May 08, 2011 9:53 am

ANNIS SAID YOU WILL BE GIVING THIS UPDATE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nuclearblue wrote:ANNIS SAID YOU WILL BE GIVING THIS UPDATE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A Name and Shame update or just an update? :ayatollah:

carlccfc wrote:I will not be doing a name and shame update and I don't know where that suggestion has come from, whoever believes or thinks that I would write an update of that kind in the lead up to the play off's is sadly misguided.

There will be no update tonight as there is enough for everyone to be talking about and thinking about with the play off's looming.

We have all heard the stories and we are all clearly and rightly angry but we have had 5 days to try and come to terms with what has gone on but we really do need to contain that anger and channel it into an energy that can hopefully bring some positivity.

The Play Off's are going to be nail biting affairs as we know from previous season's, we have tasted the success and the felt the lows but unless we give it our all then we will have let ourselves down and our club.

Yes certain players have let us down and I hope they are released/sold from the club at the end of the campaign whoever they are. They have no place in our club.They do not deserve our club.They do not warrant our support.

But the Club will always be our club, not Dave Jones' club, not Gethin Jenkins' club, not the Malaysian's club, not anybody's other than ours. The people that run the club are paid professionals to do exactly that, run it.

But we bring the passion, we bring the atmosphere, we hold the expectations. Our Dream.

As much as the Play Off's were not the plan this year they should be looked at as a failure before we even play a game.

There were 3 sides relegated from the Premier League last season and none of those 3 sides made the top 6. That is a huge achievement to those who did make the top 6.

So let's all give it one last push and do our bit and hopefully everything from the talent we have to lady luck will see us succeed but until then do not give up hope :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks for all the updates this season Carl. I have zero confidence at the moment in us going up and my facebook page is overwhelmed with 2 sad jack twats (who dont even go!) trying to wind me up. Lets hope that on bank holiday monday we are playing forest at wembley.

Great post, you should write for the echo - great editorial skills :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Was hurting a bit yesterday, but it is all about getting past reading now

Sun May 08, 2011 9:56 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote::ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Was hurting a bit yesterday, but it is all about getting past reading now

Exactly Adam, we cannot and never will be able to change History :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 10:04 am

I think we all have to do our best to forget what's happened and focus on the task at hand - all we can now do is sing as loudly as possible in the next 3 games (thinking positively) to suppport our club and just hope that we can get over that line - if we don't, there will be plenty of time for inquests after that.

Sun May 08, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks Carl I needed to read something positive I don't know why because I must have been one of the first online to buy my tickets for the home leg but it's like you say were are the fans it's our job to be there and support the team.

You're absolutely right not to do the name and shame thing this evening, that can wait, but I hope irrespective of the outcome of the Playoff process you do let us all know when our involvement is over.

I had some pretty negative thoughts about our performance yesterday, I didn't go, but I did watch it online and having slept on it and having had time to reflect our 2nd half performance yesterday was pretty well total dominance. Yes we seemed to play much of the game in front of Burnley and only occasionaly got behind them but there was only one team who looked like scoring and that was us.

I think we go into the playoffs knowing that we have the firepower in our squad to win through and I hope our team can find the desire, commitment and above all else the confidence to believe in their quality and ability. If we can find the way to ignite the firepower we have all the other teams will be bricking themselves and we as fans have to do what we can too let the team know;

WE BELIEVE IN THEM AND IN THEIR QUALITY AND DESIRE TO DELIVER OUR AND THEIR DREAMS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 10:45 am

Castle Blue you're right to say we have the firepower to take us through,sadly we don't have the defence to do that as we all new from last august!

|

Sun May 08, 2011 10:52 am

carlccfc wrote:I will not be doing a name and shame update and I don't know where that suggestion has come from, whoever believes or thinks that I would write an update of that kind in the lead up to the play off's is sadly misguided.

"Certain players have let us down" did any of those players play yesterday?

Sun May 08, 2011 11:21 am

I am disappointed in those "Cerain Players" but the fact is that - even if we had won against Boro" we still wouldnt have finished above Norwich.

The players who stayed out drinking did nothing more than hurt, and potentially ruin, their own careers - they will have to live with that.

We were always going to go up by way of the Play Offs and the stupid actions of one or two players, in hindsight, have not damaged where we eventually finished.

Sun May 08, 2011 11:26 am

Paul Keevil wrote:I am disappointed in those "Cerain Players" but the fact is that - even if we had won against Boro" we still wouldnt have finished above Norwich.

If we'd beaten Boro and burnley we would have...

Sun May 08, 2011 11:29 am

That's more like it Carl, teams like Leeds would love to be in our position. The season's not over for us until the 30th May, we have a real opportunity to achieve the dream, we don't have any chance of changing the past, but we can all influence the future.

Let's all pull together and get behind the team, if we all work together, we will succeed!

:)

Sun May 08, 2011 12:36 pm

The "naughty boy "players have a chance to redeem them.
If they play out of their skin all will be forgiven

Sun May 08, 2011 1:44 pm

Over 3000 of us went to Burnley and got behind the team. What else can we do?

Sun May 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Over 3000 of us went to Burnley and got behind the team. What else can we do?

Ian I am asking those who are feeling negative at the moment who also post on here, not the fantastic support we had yesterday or any of the other games for that matter.

Sun May 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Carl, thanks for all the updates this season. I've been sooo angry and negative about some of the players from build up to Mboro but i'm going to try and be positive. Hopefully we will see us at Wembley again and this time winning and being promoted to our dream land. Cant wait for Friday trip, no more exams and party to the premiership!!!! Cmon City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 3:30 pm

yes and how do the club treat us 3000+fans who went to burnley they put the play off tickets on sale at 3 pm where were we on coaches travelling back to cardiff i hope there will be tickets avaliable on monday for us to buy for the away leg

Sun May 08, 2011 3:52 pm

Carl that is very professional of you not to name and shame - even though you quite easily could because you are fan not an employee of the club!

and it is all about friday n tuesday now the fans n players have to unite and be strong together in Cardiff next Challenge and a big one it is!

:ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 3:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:ANNIS SAID YOU WILL BE GIVING THIS UPDATE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A Name and Shame update or just an update? :ayatollah:

NAME AND SHAME AND THEN SAID THIS MORNING WE BETTER WAIT UNTILL AFTER THE PLAY OFFS. WHICH WOULD BE WISE SHERIFF :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 3:54 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:yes and how do the club treat us 3000+fans who went to burnley they put the play off tickets on sale at 3 pm where were we on coaches travelling back to cardiff i hope there will be tickets avaliable on monday for us to buy for the away leg

You should get your ticket no problem, but I can see your point very insesitive of the club.

Sun May 08, 2011 3:57 pm

Jez wrote:Carl that is very professional of you not to name and shame - even though you quite easily could because you are fan not an employee of the club!

and it is all about friday n tuesday now the fans n players have to unite and be strong together in Cardiff next Challenge and a big one it is!

:ayatollah:

Couldn't agree more, the name and shame can wait until 1 June when like the QPR points deduction it proves to be a red herring because we will be celebrating a play-off win.

Sun May 08, 2011 4:02 pm

So what time is the update, not as if you have anything else to do is it.

Sun May 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Got my tickets earlier and the office advised there were people queuing from 9:00am and the shop didn't open till 10:00am. Just proves the strength of our support. I wonder if the powers that be are considering the Millennium Stadium for the play-off final if it's an all Welsh affair. The policing costs and logistics would be astronomical for Wembley, so I think the Millennium would make good sense. Don't get me wrong, Wembley is a good stadium but it's in the middle of a sh*tehole (the area Wembley itself). Just don't let the FAW anywhere near the ticketing as it would end up like Beirut. C'mon City. Final push. :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 6:35 pm

I am all for positivity, but people have to wak up and smell the coffee at this club at some point, we have had 5 years now of under achieving in my opinion, we have had good teams in at least 3 promotion campaigns now and keep blowing it. The club used to say it was down to the ground, not providing enough revenue, then the training facilities weren't good enough, then the fans weren't getting behind the club in enough numbers, well we have all done our jobs, yet the players under this manager think it's ok to go on the piss, with 2 of the biggest games in our history to win! they couldn't hold off for 10 days! Every year is the same, on the beach the year before last. We will only progress when DJ and the rest of his management have gone along with a lot of this team, and we get a manager who is willing to put the right ideals in place. I don't know about anyone else but I'm bored with hearing the excuses. DJ can say all he wants that there are 20 other clubs who feel disappointed but they have not had the budget nor the stability that this club have had. Norwich have come straight up from the division below and promoted again, with all the pressure there must be at that club as well. The hard facts are, is that DJ cannot build a team capable of consistency, even with his best set of players, he can't achieve it,
I'm saying all this, because, it's not us, the supporters who need to be positive, it's that lot of overpaid prima donnas. I will be there Friday as I was yesterday, as most others always will do, but what we don't need are people making excuses for this lot, they just need to get their heads out of their arses for once and do the business.

Sun May 08, 2011 7:04 pm

well said.
since gerrard is now back at the club after his loan with hull ( i assume since they are not in the playoffs) play him he gotta be a better center half than whats there at the mo.

Sun May 08, 2011 7:51 pm

I'm looking forward to Friday, bring it on :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Yeah i'm positive,positive we'll f**k it up yet again.

Sun May 08, 2011 8:34 pm

exactly my sentiments leytonstone well said

dave jones----playing the fiddle while rome burns :old: