Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: TONIGHT'S UPDATE

Mon May 09, 2011 6:16 am

carlccfc wrote:I will not be doing a name and shame update and I don't know where that suggestion has come from, whoever believes or thinks that I would write an update of that kind in the lead up to the play off's is sadly misguided.

There will be no update tonight as there is enough for everyone to be talking about and thinking about with the play off's looming.

We have all heard the stories and we are all clearly and rightly angry but we have had 5 days to try and come to terms with what has gone on but we really do need to contain that anger and channel it into an energy that can hopefully bring some positivity.

The Play Off's are going to be nail biting affairs as we know from previous season's, we have tasted the success and the felt the lows but unless we give it our all then we will have let ourselves down and our club.

Yes certain players have let us down and I hope they are released/sold from the club at the end of the campaign whoever they are. They have no place in our club.They do not deserve our club.They do not warrant our support.

But the Club will always be our club, not Dave Jones' club, not Gethin Jenkins' club, not the Malaysian's club, not anybody's other than ours. The people that run the club are paid professionals to do exactly that, run it.

But we bring the passion, we bring the atmosphere, we hold the expectations. Our Dream.

As much as the Play Off's were not the plan this year they should be looked at as a failure before we even play a game.

There were 3 sides relegated from the Premier League last season and none of those 3 sides made the top 6. That is a huge achievement to those who did make the top 6.

So let's all give it one last push and do our bit and hopefully everything from the talent we have to lady luck will see us succeed but until then do not give up hope :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Play off semi away legs are some of my favourite games, remember all the buses to Stoke, the Kav pictures on all the window's, and about 1800 outsing Bristol, it was an amazing atmosphere.

This does remind me of the year we went up, the fans were disappointed and worried after the previous season's loss to Stoke. We went on to beat Bristol City (who had already beaten us twice) and then QPR and the fans were amazing, on paper we have the best team and the best fans, if they both show up we can go up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 11:19 am

Hopefully once the season is done & dusted, The club will deal with those involved. There was a very good article in the Football League Paper yesterday about it.

I would transfer list or release those involved, they should never be allowed to pull on a blue shirt again. They have let every supporter down, the board, DJ & themselves, what they did was irresponsible and lacked profesionalism. It is easy to point the figure of blame but in reality the fault lies firmly with themselves.

Mon May 09, 2011 1:59 pm

carlccfc wrote:As much as the Play Off's were not the plan this year they should be looked at as a failure before we even play a game.

There were 3 sides relegated from the Premier League last season and none of those 3 sides made the top 6. That is a huge achievement to those who did make the top 6.

Just one point :- did you mean to say "failure" given you then say it "is a huge achievement" to be in top 6?

I concur with the sentiments generally set out in your article.

Onwards and upwards - it's our club and nobody can take that away from us.

Mon May 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Danny Says wrote:
carlccfc wrote:As much as the Play Off's were not the plan this year they should be looked at as a failure before we even play a game.

Just one point :- did you mean to say "failure" given you then say it "is a huge achievement" to be in top 6?

I said the play off's should not be looked at as a failure, which I mean by other supporters as I believe, considering the relegated three from the Premiership did not make them even with their parachute money, then it is a huge achievement.

Mon May 09, 2011 4:56 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

I said the play off's should not be looked at as a failure, which I mean by other supporters as I believe, considering the relegated three from the Premiership did not make them even with their parachute money, then it is a huge achievement.

Are you on a windup Carl?

Mon May 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Just one point :- did you mean to say "failure" given you then say it "is a huge achievement" to be in top 6?

Are you on a windup Carl?

Not at all Ian, do you think the play off's are a failure then ?

Mon May 09, 2011 5:08 pm

If we dont go up it will be a massive failure.

To use the 3 clubs that came down as an argument to say the play offs are a huge achievement just does not bow with me. Portsmouth were in so much financial ruin they could not fill their bench at the start of the season. Hull had to loan out all their star players like Oli, then take on fatties like Gerrard to compete. Burnley were one season wonders. Come ot think of it Hull were not far of that as well. The 3 that came down are nothing like the quality that we coukld end up playing, West Ham, Wolves and Wigan. A play off spot would be an achievement if it was against teams like that.

Adding to all of this look at the teams that came up. One has won an auto and the other 2 just missing out on a playoff. Since when has that happened?

It has been a weak league, the weakest since we have come up. I consider a play off spot for our club more like the last saloon episode. No it is no great achievement but Icant say it is failure as it still gives us hope. if we dont take it then this season is a massive massive failure.

Mon May 09, 2011 6:55 pm

Carl,
I am confused as you said in your update re the play offs "they should be looked at as a failure before we even play a game."

You then said in reply to me "...I said the play offs should not be looked at as a failure."

Not meaning to be pedantic or argumentative but which did you mean?

I take the view they are a failure when looked at from the start of the season (well post transfer embargo being lifted) but as the patent faults of the team and manager unfolded through November and December, to me they are not a failure as there was a real chance the team would have imploded as in past seasons had it not been for a top effort in February (with Ramsey) and April.

Mon May 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Danny Says wrote:Carl,
I am confused as you said in your update re the play offs "they should be looked at as a failure before we even play a game."

You then said in reply to me "...I said the play offs should not be looked at as a failure."

Not meaning to be pedantic or argumentative but which did you mean?

I take the view they are a failure when looked at from the start of the season (well post transfer embargo being lifted) but as the patent faults of the team and manager unfolded through November and December, to me they are not a failure as there was a real chance the team would have imploded as in past seasons had it not been for a top effort in February (with Ramsey) and April.

Danny I apologise I have just read my original post and I did indeed leave out the word 'not'. :oops:

Tue May 10, 2011 9:39 am

Singing from the same sheet then :ayatollah:

Tue May 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Carl, Look forward to your updates after the Play offs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl, Look forward to your updates after the Play offs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

On June 1st hopefully, not on 18th May!

:ayatollah:

Tue May 10, 2011 3:34 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Carl, Look forward to your updates after the Play offs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

On June 1st hopefully, not on 18th May!

:ayatollah:

:lol:

Hope so :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: