Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Play Offs

Sun May 08, 2011 11:57 am

I have not attended one game to watch my beloved city this season, the last occasion for me was the defeat against Blackpool in the play-off final. The reason for my absence and an empty seat in the Grandstand every saturday this season have been well documented on many other threads. These were issues beyond my control which break my heart every time city take the field.

However, there is a much bigger negative in my life pulling on my heart strings which I feel I must speak about. The recent events in the world of a Cardiff City supporter over the last two weeks are a microcosm of a whole life of supporting Cardiff City. We have the sublime (Jay's Goal against QPR), the ridiculous (First 22 minutes against 'boro), the scandals, the hopes, the dreams, we have experienced it all in two weeks what is commonplace in the humdrum of supporting the City. I am limited to this forum, the odd live game, radio reports, text messages and internet streams for my Cardiff City fix. This probably gives me a slightly more balanced view than you guys who have been forking out the cash to travel around the country following the city week in week out. I miss this. The negative in my life which causes me such anguish as we are five days away from the play-off against Reading is to see negative comments about our team, our manager anything to do with city.

It is clear there have been some glowing mistakes both individually and collectively from boot room to owners. However we have a part to play as supporters. Our job is too show how much we love this club and how much we are behind everyone who represents it at every level. Please I implore everyone to get to Reading and support our boys, even if they go behind, especially if they go behind, remember Reading have to come to Ninian (sorry it will always be Ninian for me). We must support support support until that final whistle and it is all over. Then the autopsy can be begin and you can carry out the surgery which could include open heart and labotamys but not until its all over.

I would love to be there to support our team, please get behind the team, they need you.

Nothing that has happened so far has a bearing on what has to be done now, victory at reading, victory at home, victory in the play-off final.

Make me proud to hear you sing your hearts out in the play-offs, make everyone proud who cannot attend. Make every Bluebird on this planet proud to see us celebrate our way into the Premiership.

It can be done with your support.

Cardiff City Junkie going cold turkey.