Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football focus 1993

Sun May 08, 2011 5:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdr8yArwtPI

Whatever happened to Rick Wright? Great memories from that promotion winning year. Some good footage of Chris Pikes'header v Admira Wacker and Carl Dales'v Wrexham in the Welsh cup semi final. The celebrations on the Grange end were mental.

Shows how far we've come though as a club. The Swansea mongs can gloat all they want about being above us for the first time in a decade. As a club, we're towering over them. Now let's prove it this month

Re: Football focus 1993

Sun May 08, 2011 5:39 pm

CityGent wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdr8yArwtPI

Whatever happened to Rick Wright? Great memories from that promotion winning year. Some good footage of Chris Pikes'header v Admira Wacker and Carl Dales'v Wrexham in the Welsh cup semi final. The celebrations on the Grange end were mental.

Shows how far we've come though as a club. The Swansea mongs can gloat all they want about being above us for the first time in a decade. As a club, we're towering over them. Now let's prove it this month

The play offs will decide wales' no ! :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 5:56 pm

Why did you have to add the bit about Swansea at the end of your message? :lol:

It really wasn't needed yet you had to put it in,didn't you!?! :lol: :lol:

Sun May 08, 2011 6:11 pm

blackswan wrote:Why did you have to add the bit about Swansea at the end of your message? :lol:

It really wasn't needed yet you had to put it in,didn't you!?! :lol: :lol:

Well observed. I just wanted to reiterate to those feeling a little down, not to worry. The club has moved mountains off the pitch, and are close to matching it on the pitch. Our time is close even if we fail this time.

Sun May 08, 2011 6:20 pm

You don't see many banks exploding like that nowadays.The Grange end was always an experience for visiting fans,and no damn roof.Stones,bottles lighters coins,you name it i've seen them all coming over that wall.

Sun May 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Rick Wright always reminded me of Reg holdsworth

Sun May 08, 2011 6:25 pm

blackswan wrote:You don't see many banks exploding like that nowadays.The Grange end was always an experience for visiting fans,and no damn roof.Stones,bottles lighters coins,you name it i've seen them all coming over that wall.

I did see a trainer get thrown from the lower grandstand a few years back at you lot :lol: Couple of minutes later a lad asked a steward by me if they have found a trainer :D

Sun May 08, 2011 6:26 pm

blackswan wrote:You don't see many banks exploding like that nowadays.The Grange end was always an experience for visiting fans,and no damn roof.Stones,bottles lighters coins,you name it i've seen them all coming over that wall.

dont forget darts, even remember seeing some young kids throwing eggs over the wall :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Xcasual wrote:

I did see a trainer get thrown from the lower grandstand a few years back at you lot :lol: Couple of minutes later a lad asked a steward by me if they have found a trainer :D

Forgot to mention the golfballs.