Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Burnley My day !!

Sun May 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Well what a week it had been we were first top of the world as we believed we could grab 2nd spot but Drinkagate put paid to thet. Several hundred supporters had given or sold there Burnley tickets in a sense who could blame them ? after all its there hard earned money.
Got to Castleton at 06.45 just in time for when the coach arrived Little Sheriff (Cant use Chief any more it upsets some People :lol: ) and myself, we met pete (Cardiff City Culture) and then a smiling Annis came along this was going to be an eventful trip and it didn't disappoint. As we got on the Coach the bus was bouncing to the tune of "There's only one Harry Potter" in relation to my boy :lol: :lol: and "Harry do the :ayatollah: "

As we head of its quarter to seven and everyone is drinking so not to feel left out i got my ice cold bulmers out and it was going down a treat, Carl was now heading down the coach giving out Annis masks and was told when the word gets out put them on. Annis's face was a picture :lol: :lol: but also so was Carls when a load of Carl masks came out as well. little Sheriff was asking come on Dad can i have one of those Drinks so i relented and let him have one of those Stella Cidres and he soon came alive wanting to take on the back of the Coach :lol: :lol: he was having great Banter with Ginger who he put on his arse in the Isle way which had everyone in stitches :lol: :lol:

We had a lot of Smurfs on our Coach and they were superb and a mention to Chris who was Vanity Smurf, Brilliant !! when we got to the Service Station there was some fantastic outfits from other Coaches including Bling gangsters and Scooby doo's,Mr T, and i still laughing now at watching 118 running down the road with Scooby, Batman, a Tart, a gangster, and several Smurfs :lol: :lol: :lol:

We get a message from Carl that a decision on QPR was going to be made very soon but as we all know it wasn't the one we wanted to hear :o :o they was guilty but no points deducted :shock: sounds like a stitch up to me.
we get to Burnley around eleven and spend just over an hour in a Pub just outside the Town then it was of to the game where City fans were everywhere. We was in fantastic Voice well over 3000 of us even though it is muted as the only thing on the game was finishing above the Jacks, and hoping the Players wanted to redeem themselves but no the only ones giving it passion and everything they had was the usual players and we all know who they are. :cry:

Burnley go one up scoring past Bywater who i hoped i would never see in a City shirt again but a persistent injury to Heaton made sure he played. At times the City fans was LOUD very Loud but it soon got muted and the only concern to us was who we preferred to Play Reading Or Forrest. My personal choice was Reading but if we win we would end up with the latter so a draw is what i was hoping for and in the end i got my wish when Bellamy got a equaliser, oh how i wish all our players had his passion.

So it was the long trip back and there must of been 40 odd coaches that left Burnley and one funny sight was some bloke stood in his House at his window giving us the double V sign which had everyone in stitches. We then stopped at a local Spar and chippy for food and a stock up on the beer and the Merthyr boys were let me say like f*cking Zeberdee and his mate from Football Factory :o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: The feeling on the Coach is not very confident about the playoffs we certainly have the talent but the players in my opinion couldn't give two shits if we go up or not bar a few who clearly do want it.

Another great forum trip and now we have Reading away of which i cannot attend due to a Op on my Ankle and to me it is a relief in a way but i will be watching on the TV but i really think Reading will do us, sorry for the negativity but i can't shift that feeling.

Re: Burnley My day !!

Sun May 08, 2011 6:05 pm

sounded like a great trip CHEIF :ayatollah: i tell you what i found strange was cardiff players sat in the middle of us! strange place i thought that was to put unused subs! .. if i`d been them i`d have got up and mingled with the supporters and not sat there like they didnt give 2 f**ks! ... good day though but pity it wasnt a promotion party! :(

Sun May 08, 2011 6:08 pm

AHERNE wrote:sounded like a great trip CHEIF :ayatollah: i tell you what i found strange was cardiff players sat in the middle of us! strange place i thought that was to put unused subs! .. if i`d been them i`d have got up and mingled with the supporters and not sat there like they didnt give 2 f**ks! ... good day though but pity it wasnt a promotion party! :(

Can you imagine what the atmosphere would of beeen like had we needed the win to go up :D :D

Sun May 08, 2011 6:25 pm

Great account of the day Nukes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 6:32 pm

brilliant trip despite our situation before the game. can't wait for reading. you all making the trip with us?
nukes i think little chief could have had just a sip of my vodka :lol: :lol:
he's a great laugh :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 6:34 pm

lewis91 wrote:brilliant trip despite our situation before the game. can't wait for reading. you all making the trip with us?
nukes i think little chief could have had just a sip of my vodka :lol: :lol:
he's a great laugh :ayatollah:

He's dead meat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun May 08, 2011 6:36 pm

:lol: :lol: roll on reading! see you all there :ayatollah:
HE'S BIG HE'S BAD HE'S DEKEL KEINAN!! THE HARDEST MAN...IN ALL THE LAND!

Sun May 08, 2011 7:37 pm

Good write up Chef!! Did you see what I did there. Game was shit but the forum bus was top, proper fun. Cheers to Fishy for the free beer ;) ;) and Carl for the ciggie!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 7:40 pm

CardiffCityCulture wrote:Good write up Chef!! Did you see what I did there. Game was shit but the forum bus was top, proper fun. Cheers to Fishy for the free beer ;) ;) and Carl for the ciggie!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What did you do there Chef ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun May 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Yes Brilliant Trip Steve, other than the Masks :lol:

Phil was walking around the services wearing them, every time I went around the corner I saw myself :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Top day out :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 10:41 am

Top day yet again. Masks were brilliant idea! Services we're a great laugh. The women looked so confused when Lewis asked for a blueberry muffin with the Annis mask on :lol: and i would love to see the photo of Annis with himself!

Mon May 09, 2011 11:48 am

haha yeah her face was priceless. the masks were a brilliant idea. i'm bringing it for the reading trip. :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: